Advice needed on suitable shoes for early walkers

cmeilim

my 13-mth old has started being able to walk unsupported (not totally stable, toddling, but somehow he can still maintain balance unless he was walking too fast, like running and then loses balance). he enjoys walking outside of our home a lot, esp when we are at malls.

we hv bought him cloth shoes and soft leather or lambskin shoes with non-slip soles before when he was pre-walker and also let him wear these when he was just learning how to cruise and toddle with one hand held. but now that he can walk unsupported and is walking outdoors sometimes, are the soles of these types of shoes too thin and lacking support for healthy foot development? should i be looking at shoes with proper foot support? i am concerned that those with proper foot support have too thick soles or are too bulky, based on what i have seen at some shops so far. i read that early walkers should still wear shoes which are soft and flexible - is this true?

what brands or types of shoes can mummies recommend? what types of shoes did u buy for your children when they are early walkers??

diymummy

Yeah, those with cloth base is too soft and doesn't provide very good support for the soles.

I bought shoes from Mothercare. The soles are harder but my boy adapted to them just like that. He did trip a few times because he wasn't used to it. But now he is ok.

My pd said it would be good if you can find shoes with arch support coz babies are all flat footed by nature. The foot arch only forms when they start to walk.

cmeilim

camom, diymummy: thank you for your tips.

camom - do clark 1st shoes come with arch support?

diymummy - did you PD say where can buy shoes with arch support for early walkers?

Phoebii Cheng

I bought combi for my son, when he was able to walk stably at 15mths.....I think like what diymummy says when they r able to walk it is better not to use the cloth shoes for them

Combi has 2 in soles....we bought a bigger size for my boy, so now even though his feet has grown he can still wear them

My boy is 13 months too and he's wearing bubblegummerz shoes. non slip sole and comfy shoes, not those bulky sole type. He's comfortable walking with that shoes.

cmeilim

hi fioncess,

thanks for sharing. is andrea an early walker too? =) where can i buy bubblegummers shoes and what is the price range?

jasobias

my daughter 11 months using my little pony's beep beep sandals.So far she love sit n is able to walk quite well in them.Soles r ok with gd friction so not tht slippery.I bot her others but she didnt take a liking to them.With the beep beep we always know where she is..hahhaha

cmeilim

my daughter 11 months using my little pony's beep beep sandals.So far she love sit n is able to walk quite well in them.Soles r ok with good friction so not tht slippery.I bot her others but she didnt take a liking to them.With the beep beep we always know where she is..hahhaha

jasobias, where did u buy your little pony's shoes from? we currently have a hand-me-down pair (no brand) but the squeaker on one side is going out of order. if not too expensive, can consider liitle pony for my boy cos he likes the sqeaking sound.

jasobias

hey babe..buy fr OG bugis ..on sale at $9.90!!!
If u cant find the size fr the sales stock..they r having 20% off anyways.They have other squeekies like mickey n barney

jojoki

hehe net walked one week after her first bday. i got a pair for 9.90 from john little sales. its kind of like stretchable fabric. its perforated. it snugs very well. doesnt drops off. n she cn walk very well in em.. its hello kitty btw. hee hee

diymummy

Hi,

My pd didn't recommend any brand. He just asked me to look out for it. I couldn't find any so I settled for mothercare. I went to Kiddy Palace, Mothercare and Isetan (all at Parkway).

AugBoyz

My monster has been wearing SeeKaiRun shoes since he starts to walk at 1yr old. The leather are soft n the soles are thick but soft n bendable. My monster has broad feet so shoes sold in local dept store does not fit him, instead SeeKaiRun has broad front thus fit his feet perfectly fine.