Any ladies not working and trying to conceive?

Bini

Hi
I have quit my job couple of months back and trying to conceive. Wonder if there are any ladies currently in my situation? Would like to connect and share experiences... thanks!

arkin2010

Hi
I have quit my job couple of months back and trying to conceive. Wonder if there are any ladies currently in my situation? Would like to connect and share experiences... thanks!
hi,I am new and am first time joining this forum,am learning how to use also.How is your progress now?

arkin2010

hi,I am new and am first time joining this forum,am learning how to use also.How is your progress now?
I work in supermarket and my work time is not regular,may be 8hrs to 15hrs,may have to wake up at 5.30am if work morning shift,may sleep as late as 1.30am if work afternoon shift,and yet doesnt earn much.my hubby and I just married for a year plus.we are trying to save up preparing for motherhood before I wish I could stop work and build up my health.my health was weak,getting sick and tired easy,I am small-sized and weigh 40kg..appetite small also..worry I may have a hard time if I were to be pregnant.Anyone cares to share?

Mummy to Baby V

I work in supermarket and my work time is not regular,may be 8hrs to 15hrs,may have to wake up at 5.30am if work morning shift,may sleep as late as 1.30am if work afternoon shift,and yet doesnt earn much.my hubby and I just married for a year plus.we are trying to save up preparing for motherhood before I wish I could stop work and build up my health.my health was weak,getting sick and tired easy,I am small-sized and weigh 40kg..appetite small also..worry I may have a hard time if I were to be pregnant.Anyone cares to share?
Being small-sized is fine -- I was 42kg before pregnancy, down to 40kg after nausea for several weeks, then gained to 50kg until delivery. Baby was healthy at 3.5kg.

Small Mummy with big baby meant bad backache though. Learning Pilates to strengthen muscles is good.

You'd need to build up your healthy now by eating and resting well.

All the best! :)

arkin2010

Being small-sized is fine -- I was 42kg before pregnancy, down to 40kg after nausea for several weeks, then gained to 50kg until delivery. Baby was healthy at 3.5kg.

Small Mummy with big baby meant bad backache though. Learning Pilates to strengthen muscles is good.

You'd need to build up your healthy now by eating and resting well.

All the best! :)
Thanks Mummy to Baby very!Look like I have to learn how to build up health.Wah your baby at birth 3.5kg was very good.So did you learn Pilates too?Did you have an easy labour?

Bini

Hi Arkin
Size does not matter that much but health does. When you are pregnant, you need to support mother and baby. From my friend and my experiences, you need to start taking folic acid (preferrably prenatal vits), take "por" soup, eat healthily that includes vits, minerals, iron, zinc, veg, fruits, etc) and rest well. I borrowed this book 60tips - fertility from the library and find it very useful. Your hubby needs to take zinc (from shellfish and veg/nuts) too.

You are probably still young and have lots of time to try. I am pass 35 years old already and had 2 miscarriages so far. I was diagnosed with Thyroid (hashimoto) problem last year, making conception harder. After series of problems at work and the miscarriages, i decided to take a break from work to rest and have a baby (time is running out on my side). I have tried a lot of ways - improving diet, exercise, stress reduction exercises, por soup, TCM and was even recommended to use essential oil from a friend.

I went for blood test yesterday and nurse called me this morning to tell me I am pregnant! I am so happy!

I was seeing Dr Tan from Thong Chai medical last month and find her v good. The only thing is you need to wait a long time for consultation and prescription and to see her weekly. She is highly recommended by a friend.

YOu will be successful too if you and your husband try hard! Jia You!:Dancing_tongue:

angelwendy

Size does not really matter... but important is .. u must eat healthy food... try to take folic before u get preggy... is good.... exercise more too...

angelwendy

Hi
i do have frenz because of trying for a baby ... they quit their job... because due to stress.... For my case.. me & hubby tried for almost 1 year.. then i decided to quit my job... but during i serve my 1 month notice.. i found out that i'm preggy... haha... maybe is my mentally is not so stress because i know i'm quitting.. so i got preggy... :tlaugh: but anyway.. i'm a stay home mum to my boy till now...

Mummy to Baby V

Thanks Mummy to Baby very!Look like I have to learn how to build up health.Wah your baby at birth 3.5kg was very good.So did you learn Pilates too?Did you have an easy labour?
I was already learning Pilates before getting pregnancy. During pregnancy, I practised appropriate steps every night.

Contractions took very long, yet I could manage them with deep breathing exercises, relaxation and without any painkiller for 27 hours! After that, took epidural to sleep. In the morning, I was ready to push and baby was out in about 11 minutes. Pilates really helped me in targeting the muscles to push.

Post-delivery, the correct abdminal exercises also helped the body to get back into shape.

Btw, I am an SAHM trying for baby #2 to arrive next year. Work hard together! :)

pixietree

Hi Bini,

Congrats on your pregnancy
Have gone on unpaid leave for the last 4 months. Getting a little concerned 'cos still no results.
I keep getting comments "don't be so stressed/think about it and you will become pregnant". But how to?
I managed to get preggie last sep but miscarried in 8 weeks. Am turning 33 end of this year so starting to get anxious (especially since we started ttc-ing about 2 years ago).
Have tried nearing everything besides ivf. Tried my second iui this month and really hope it will work. Also taking tcm medication and seeing a chiropractor (tried accupuncture but could not go on with it).
Appreciate if you can share anything you have done to help with getting preggie. I can't go on not working without positive results:(

arkin2010

Hi Arkin
Size does not matter that much but health does. When you are pregnant, you need to support mother and baby. From my friend and my experiences, you need to start taking folic acid (preferrably prenatal vits), take "por" soup, eat healthily that includes vits, minerals, iron, zinc, veg, fruits, etc) and rest well. I borrowed this book 60tips - fertility from the library and find it very useful. Your hubby needs to take zinc (from shellfish and veg/nuts) too.

You are probably still young and have lots of time to try. I am pass 35 years old already and had 2 miscarriages so far. I was diagnosed with Thyroid (hashimoto) problem last year, making conception harder. After series of problems at work and the miscarriages, i decided to take a break from work to rest and have a baby (time is running out on my side). I have tried a lot of ways - improving diet, exercise, stress reduction exercises, por soup, traditional chinese medicine and was even recommended to use essential oil from a friend.

I went for blood test yesterday and nurse called me this morning to tell me I am pregnant! I am so happy!

I was seeing Dr Tan from Thong Chai medical last month and find her very good. The only thing is you need to wait a long time for consultation and prescription and to see her weekly. She is highly recommended by a friend.

YOu will be successful too if you and your husband try hard! Jia You!:Dancing_tongue:
Hi bini,

I thought the thread was not moving...guessing I was not gd with words to draw in more people until today...actually have given up hope...my hubby asked me "got people replied ma ?" I said no la,dont need to see la...haa

congrats to you!!Your hard work finally see results.
You must be overjoyed,do take care and rest well.

I am 28 and my hubby 25,both of our health are weak,especially stomach always diarrhoea a few times a mth if we are heaty..stomach more sentive and we are fussy with food..eating less healthy food like vegi and fruits but love tibits and fried food.

Now that we are thinking of starting a family then realised we have not prepared yet in term of health and in finance.Both my hubby and my work time are not regular,may work 7am,10am,11am,1pm...for me may be 7am,10am,3pm..we dont earn much and I cant afford to quit my job and stay home.

We are waiting news to hope that my hubby can be promoted up a level,so that earning be increased.By then my hubby and I would try to conceive.

Bini,how many weeks/mths are you in now?

arkin2010

Size does not really matter... but important is .. you must eat healthy food... try to take folic before you get preggy... is good.... exercise more too...
Hi angelwendy,
Glad to see you here.I always saw you involving many threads..and there I was thinking how come you never "dropped by here"..and here you are.

And talking about exercising,due to irregular work time,both of us daily just work,just eat,and just sleep.

We are trying to break old lifestyle..are still trying to break and get into healthier lifestyle..havent succeed,haa tired and lazy pigs.

Me just started taking folic acid one every other day.

arkin2010

I was already learning Pilates before getting pregnancy. During pregnancy, I practised appropriate steps every night.

Contractions took very long, yet I could manage them with deep breathing exercises, relaxation and without any painkiller for 27 hours! After that, took epidural to sleep. In the morning, I was ready to push and baby was out in about 11 minutes. Pilates really helped me in targeting the muscles to push.

Post-delivery, the correct abdminal exercises also helped the body to get back into shape.

Btw, I am an stay at home mum trying for baby #2 to arrive next year. Work hard together! :)
Hi Mummy to Baby very,

Wah,your labour took you 27 hrs ar?? You are indeed high pain tolerant.Me surely super low pain tolerant when that day come.

May I asked who was your Gynae? Which hospital you choose? How much was your total hospitalisation bill?

arkin2010

Hi Bini,

Congrats on your pregnancy
Have gone on unpaid leave for the last 4 months. Getting a little concerned 'cos still no results.
I keep getting comments "dont't be so stressed/think about it and you will become pregnant". But how to?
I managed to get preggie last sep but miscarried in 8 weeks. Am turning 33 end of this year so starting to get anxious (especially since we started trying to concieve-ing about 2 years ago).
Have tried nearing everything besides ivf. Tried my second iui this month and really hope it will work. Also taking traditional chinese medicine medication and seeing a chiropractor (tried accupuncture but could not go on with it).
Appreciate if you can share anything you have done to help with getting preggie. I can't go on not working without positive results:(
Hi pixietree,

Indeed trying all the possible methods really strain on the financial part,for this area I couldnt offer you any advice as I am trying to get myself on the starting part too.

Hope there be more people joining in to share which might be helpful to you.
You are strong enough to overcome and on your way to success..dont stress overmuch!

arkin2010

Hi Arkin

You are probably still young and have lots of time to try. I am pass 35 years old already and had 2 miscarriages so far. I was diagnosed with Thyroid (hashimoto) problem last year, making conception harder. After series of problems at work and the miscarriages, i decided to take a break from work to rest and have a baby (time is running out on my side). I have tried a lot of ways - improving diet, exercise, stress reduction exercises, por soup, traditional chinese medicine and was even recommended to use essential oil from a friend.

I was seeing Dr Tan from Thong Chai medical last month and find her very good. The only thing is you need to wait a long time for consultation and prescription and to see her weekly. She is highly recommended by a friend.

Bini,
Have you found a GYNAE, and which hospital are you choosing?

Do share with us your journey?We are there for you!

Mummy to Baby V

Hi Mummy to Baby very,

Wah,your labour took you 27 hours ar?? You are indeed high pain tolerant.Me surely super low pain tolerant when that day come.

May I asked who was your Gynae? Which hospital you choose? How much was your total hospitalisation bill?
I used to have very painful menstrual cramp, which build up my pain threshold. Deep breathing releases the body's natural painkiller and is very effective when done correctly. No worries about side effects on Mum or baby. (Epidural made me vomit.)

I relocated to KL, so delivered in KL. you'd need mums in Singapore for the answers. :)

arkin2010

Morning to all,

From what I read regarding mummies who are trying to conceive,on how they build up their health like taking folic acid,vitamins,taking up yoga or pilate.. Do mummies have any special things to add on which you personally found that it helped you to conceive or helped you during your pregnancy???

I read a lot on how and what mummies should take and eat,then how about daddies??How do daddies build up their health?

angelwendy

Hi angelwendy,
Glad to see you here.I always saw you involving many threads..and there I was thinking how come you never "dropped by here"..and here you are.

And talking about exercising,due to irregular work time,both of us daily just work,just eat,and just sleep.

We are trying to break old lifestyle..are still trying to break and get into healthier lifestyle..havent succeed,haa tired and lazy pigs.

Me just started taking folic acid one every other day.
haha... maybe i too kpo.. that y got alot of thread got my posting.. haha...:tlaugh: haha... me also very lazy... but try to eat healthy food.. more veg & fruit... good to hear that u r taking folic acid now... is good ya... so carry on.... hope will hear ur good news soon... :Dancing_wub:

angelwendy

Morning to all,

From what I read regarding mummies who are trying to conceive,on how they build up their health like taking folic acid,vitamins,taking up yoga or pilate.. Do mummies have any special things to add on which you personally found that it helped you to conceive or helped you during your pregnancy???

I read a lot on how and what mummies should take and eat,then how about daddies??How do daddies build up their health?

I think mood is very important... don't give urself stress... because if u r stress.. very hard to make babies... :tlaugh: Hmmm as for daddies... i think eat more meat??

arkin2010

haha... maybe i too kpo.. that y got alot of thread got my posting.. haha...:tlaugh: haha... me also very lazy... but try to eat healthy food.. more veg & fruit... good to hear that you r taking folic acid now... is good ya... so carry on.... hope will hear your good news soon... :Dancing_wub:
Not kpo la,for us newbie,we feel more welcome.:Dancing_tongue:

If I am not wrong,your Gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham from Tmc.Would you share how long your waiting time,how long your consultation time would last and how was Dr Benjamin Tham package and charges?Cos have to plan my finance part...so wishing I be able to choose a private doc than under subsidised as I believe there be much difference,do you agree?