Feel like give up bf

mummysk

Hi, my baby is 12weeks old now. I have start bf more than 2 months ago.
I have 2 electric pumps (pigeon and medela swing) and one manual pump (medela harmony). I took fenugeek, organinc nursing tea and dompridone.
But my bm is only 10ml when i pump from both breasts. Haiz...

I feel like to give up already. Moreover I am working part time now.

What should I do? Please advise. Thks to all Mummies..

Cino

I have 2 electric pumps (pigeon and medela swing) and one manual pump (medela harmony). I took fenugeek, organinc nursing tea and dompridone.
But my breast milk is only 10ml when i pump from both breasts. sigh...

Don't give up yet, if you can afford the time and energy to bf then give yourself another chance...try again. Coz breast milk is really best for the baby. Eat more, drink more (especially soup) and rest more then u will have more milk. Most important don't stress yourself....

It took me nearly 2 months for the milk flow to come too...a lot of determination. I did not take fenugeek or nursing tea...I just try to let my baby latch on as much as possible, but I do drink those milk for lactating mum.

Mummy to Baby V

Latching baby on is the best way to stimulate milk production.
Latch on correctly and let baby suckle as long as possible until full.
Latch on at least 8-12 times a day round the clock.
This is the best way to increase supply.

Also, consider visiting a lactation consultant for help.

pinkwipes

Do you latch on your baby to breastfeed? Only baby's suction is the best, incomparable to any kind of pumps in the market.

Personally, I don't pump, so I can't advise on the pumps. From what I read, pumping needs consistency. If you do not have sufficient supply now, it's the critical time to establish already. Else, your milk supply would have 'stablised'. Keep pumping, and shorten the interval, increase frequency and time to pump.

If you can't latch on baby, pumping is the only way, or you can try to manually express milk with your hands.

mummysk

Thanks Mummys for your advice. Currently I am working part time, while working i can only pump once during my lunch. But i will let my baby latch on after my work when I reach home

I really hope to breastfeed my baby as long as I can.

luvbene

But my breast milk is only 10ml when i pump from both breasts. sigh...

Been breastfeeding cum pumping when my bene in hospital every 3hrly... Have been taking the dried fenugeek (indian called methi seeds) boiled n eat seeds once a day, grind the fennel seeds n drink the tea n also not forgetin the domperidone. You must take as prescribe as for the medicine and slowly weaned off the medicines. Yes try to drink lots i mean a lot!! fluids can be juices, soups etc.. Important thing is Never give up! Used to think like you too.. so little but after taking all those things U still have either nurse baby often or pump often otherwise it will not work..
So do not give UP!! jia YOU!!:Dancing_tongue:

gundam00

Don't be too stressed with amount of milk that is pumped. I used to stare at my breast while pumping and massage to force the milk out. Then I realized that relaxing and looking at my baby makes my milk flow much better! (even after the initial let down reflex).

Double pumping is supposed to stimulate milk flow. Also read that pumping after a feed (even if nothing comes out) is one of the best ways to increase milk supply. Try and jia you!!

mummysk

Ya. I agree. I like to stare at the bottle whenever I pump and feel stress when I see little bit of breast milk come out/:embarrassed:.

I will continue to breast feeding as long I can.

Thanks al the mummys for your encouragement.:Dancing_wub:

sharonleo

I am on this supplement called goat's rue from motherlove herbal company.
can find out more about it on www.motherlove.com
The product can be bought from VitaKids.

My baby was a 30 week preemie. Now coming to 5 mths. He has refused to latch on till bout 2 weeks back. Thus has been pumping since delivery. My supply has been stagnant since bout 2 months back and it wasnt a lot too.
I have already returned to work and was told that supply will drop when one returns to work so started taking the supplement.
Somehow, I feel that the supplement has been able to help me sustain the amount of BM I have for each pump. Think baby latching on has helped too.
Hope the above has been useful.

No matter how much you have, some is definitely better than none.

BB Tigger

Hi mummysk

At least your baby is willing to latch on. My baby will cry and howl (not exagerating) whenver I try to latch him on. Eventually, I gave up and am now using pump instead. But the amt is pathetic - about 15 to 20 ml per pump session from both breasts and my baby is coming to 1 month old! :wecry:

I too feel like giving up ...

luvbene

Hi mummysk

At least your baby is willing to latch on. My baby will cry and howl (not exagerating) whenver I try to latch him on. Eventually, I gave up and am now using pump instead. But the amt is pathetic - about 15 to 20 ml per pump session from both breasts and my baby is coming to 1 month old! :wecry:

Coming one month! still got time faster latch him on now~~ WHen u reached my time now 4months liao hard to latch him on top of that my bene been in out hospital for a 3 months... So i pumping now every 3 hrly.... Still going on strong.. m taking Domperidone, lots of soupy , drink lots of water etc.. n not forgeting supplements, New OBimin, Vit C, fish oil, calcium.... etc... plenty of rest important too...
Quick Now faster latch!! my bene latch on ok for first month, right after he was born i latch him on in hospital... but haizz now he cry a lot as bottle was intro to him he want to latch...:embarrassed: So got to pump.... latch and pump also more effective to me. but if he wants to latch on y not save a lot of washing, sterilising etc.... my bene needs monitoring on how much he is drinking so.. PUmmpppp...
jia YOU!

WinnieL

mummysk & baby_Tigger.. stay determined and keeping bf!

When I first started, I only pumped out 10ml. Very pathetic! Slowly it increased, but still not enough to completely bf my little girl. My MIL cooked papaya soup for me, mom cooked fish soup, I also drank sacred tea. They helped somewhat. But I think one of the most important things to remember is to be relaxed. Don't stress out too much on whether you're producing enough, cos the moment you're stressed, can affect production. Staying positive & relaxed helps a lot.

Jia you!

mummysk

Aiyo. Everytime, I pump only 10ml to 20ml from both breasts same baby tigger mummy. I am so paiseh, dat whenever my friends ask me how much I can pump.
But we have to jia you for our bb.

mummysk

Hi mummysk

Hi, ya at first my baby refuse to latch on during his first month. But I continue to pump my milk even few drops only.
When my baby ard 6weeks, I try to latch him and pump. Now, my baby prefer to latch on. He don't want bottle feed. That why, I have to think all the ways to increased my bm.

mummysk

I am on this supplement called goat's rue from motherlove herbal company.
can find out more about it on www.motherlove.com
The product can be bought from VitaKids.

My baby was a 30 week preemie. Now coming to 5 mths. He has refused to latch on till bout 2 weeks back. Thus has been pumping since delivery. My supply has been stagnant since bout 2 months back and it wasnt a lot too.
I have already returned to work and was told that supply will drop when one returns to work so started taking the supplement.
Somehow, I feel that the supplement has been able to help me sustain the amount of breast milk I have for each pump. Think baby latching on has helped too.
Hope the above has been useful.

No matter how much you have, some is definitely better than none.
I agreed. I wil give whatever I have and let my baby latch when I am not working

BB Tigger

Coming one month! still got time faster latch him on now~~ WHen you reached my time now 4months hard to latch him on top of that my bene been in out hospital for a 3 months... So i pumping now every 3 hrly.... Still going on strong.. m taking Domperidone, lots of soupy , drink lots of water etc.. n not forgeting supplements, New OBimin, Vit C, fish oil, calcium.... etc... plenty of rest important too...
Quick Now faster latch!! my bene latch on ok for first month, right after he was born i latch him on in hospital... but haizz now he cry a lot as bottle was intro to him he want to latch...:embarrassed: So got to pump.... latch and pump also more effective to me. but if he wants to latch on y not save a lot of washing, sterilising etc.... my bene needs monitoring on how much he is drinking so.. PUmmpppp...
jia YOU!
I have tried Domperidone, papaya soup, fish soup, fenugrek etc but supply doesn't seem to increase :embarrassed:

BB Tigger

Hi, ya at first my baby refuse to latch on during his first month. But I continue to pump my milk even few drops only.
When my baby around 6weeks, I try to latch him and pump. Now, my baby prefer to latch on. He dont't want bottle feed. That why, I have to think all the ways to increased my breast milk.
Hi mummysk

Any increase in your milk supply? You mean your baby prefers to latch on now rather than to be bottle-fed? Whenever I try to latch my baby, he will cry and push himself away from me (and my breast)....and his cries are so thunderous.