Caesarean Section (C-Sect) - Welcome all Advices & Sharing!

carollai

1. Mine was emergency C sect so the experience was all unexpected due to late dilation of my cervix. Husband was unable to witness the birth and assist to cut the cord therefore a bit disappointed. But the process was fast and till the end of the stiching it was painful for me.

2. Mine was epi and partial anesthesia delivering a singleton.

3. I have given birth for 4 weeks but my wound is not heal yet, especially for my right wound which I find it painful. Can't stand, sit up and walk too long. And cannot anyhow turn back to take things, I will feel like my wound is stretched.

4. I do bf in the middle of the night in the hospital (cos in the day have guests, not convenient...). Must make sure have strong arms while doing the football hold during bf, but your midwife can help you to adjust the position if very hard to do so. At home I do the cradle hold but my back will ache a while, just have to sit comfortably before I start letting my baby to latch on. If I am too sleepy to feed my baby, I will use the lying position but must try to protect my wound because baby will tend to kick that area.
hi keefu, mine also emergency c sect as i had induce, some more twice, i am in the delivery suit for 12hrs as the contraction very strong but not open, until my husband frastrated as he wait there very long. at the end need ceaserian.
u can feel the stitches?? i cant even feel anything as my whole body up till above my chest are numb.
do u hav the "coset"? i don know do i spell correctly not, wear that over yr tummy and it wil reduce the painful. but with that yrs movement wil be restricted and when sit down or wat hav to be slow.

gumbokins

Hahahaha! sounds silly indeed but i didn't think it was scary to deliver naturally vs. having something foreign inserted into me...
:wong31:
erm... how about this? :9898: are they going to do something to you to clear it too...?
Lol ok coz it's major surgery you hv to fast 12 hours and they will give you the usual enema during the prep before delivery. Then no food for 24 hours, just glucose drip so no poo just lots of urine

PTB7476

Lol ok coz it's major surgery you hv to fast 12 hours and they will give you the usual enema during the prep before delivery. Then no food for 24 hours, just glucose drip so no poo just lots of urine
huh? i only need to fast for 6hrs and op... and was given enema to clear what i took 6hrs ago... and after op i had milo think around 10+ ( my op is at 4pm)

Well since you're bedridden and they put you on the drip, something is necessary for the output right? Really, what I would do for a catheter now, rather than keep going to the loo every half hour to pee, haha.

And come in, you've had TWO natural deliveries, surely a vey thin silicon tube is nothing compared to your babies?? :D

i opt for epi c sect n i agree its really very very fast. i tried to walk on the next day n the stitches felt like it was ripping apart! But i muz say the pain is bearable depending on ur threshold for pain. i tried bf-ing on the 2nd day but baby didnt wanna latch. He's very impatient n i dun have any supply! :embarrassed:

anyway u cant feel them inserting the catheter at all coz they already injected epi for u. Seriously i dun think epi was painful at all. just felt like any flu jab. Perhaps i was too nercous so he gave me laughing gas before epi (thats y i felt so high) u may also wanna ask for that if u r scared. Side effect is abit drowsy but i find it very shiok hahaaa!

I hate it when they remove the catheter for me. I dun like that kinda 'pain' very sore pain. but less that 3 secs keke. Dun worry it will be over soon. When u carry ur baby in your arms, evythg is worth it! good luck babe!:Dancing_wub::wong19:

gumbokins

huh? i only need to fast for 6hrs and op... and was given enema to clear what i took 6hrs ago... and after op i had milo think around 10+ ( my op is at 4pm)
Mine was at 10am, so probably that's why overnight fast? And I didn't get anything to eat OR drink till next morning. When my gynae came to check next morning, he asked if I wanted food and I said YESSS and the nurse sent in this big bowl of fish porridge. BUT then they put it juuuussssstt out of my reach omg I was like dying already and my husband hadnt arrived yet so yah. Tormented. Lol.

faye2678

on fasting before ops and feeling hungry after awakening...
hmm... chances are i'm going to be very very starved after delivery as the twins would finally release my belly! :weyes:

my twins are about 1.6kg each, have their own sac and i'm weighing in 15kgs so far (31st week - approx. 7 months)

i've not been eating well up to this point. regular meals are tough when one is expecting twins... i dont't even snack a lot in between.
the stomach feels full ALL the time and i'm assuming it's because the babies push up my stomach.
and i'm always constipated! :we2arghh:

faye2678

Post C-Sect...

How soon can we shower?
And will you be given medicated ointment or pills to aide wound healing / pain-relief etc?

candy_ian

Hello Everyone,

Was hoping to hear some of your personal experiences going through C-Sect...
:) Please if you could share your story, and perhaps shed some light on the following too?

- How was it like to have C-Sect?
- General or regional anaesthesia (esp. for twin delivery)?
- How long does the wound take to heal?
- Breastfeeding after C-sect?

I have had 2 natural births in the past but it seems like my upcoming labour would possibly be C-sect. :07: The last scan showed my twins in breeched positions (heads up and lying X across my belly). Am currently in my 31st week.

Feeling very nervy and unsettled... :we2unsure: Sigh!
-i went thru c-section via epidural when i delivered my son all and all it took abt 45 minutes inclusing the prep and stitching.
-it really depends on your own pref or if u r worried talk to your gynae with regards to GA or epi. i choosed epi cos i wanted ot b awake to c the whole thing n to c my son. :) hubby was allowed to b in the theatre and i was chatting with my collegues in the theatre whole process.. haha
- i have multiple allergies and developed wound infections as i couldnt start on most oral antibiotics. it took me close to 5 months to heal. am glad everything is over. imagine me giving myself antibiotic jabs twice a day for a wk! cleaning my wound daily for 4 months! killer!
- i breastfeed my son almost immediately after the op, while waiting to go back to the ward.
- my op was at 1300hrs, fasting is required min 6 hrs. i came down to walk the next morning and was walking up n down the whole ward pushing my son all over.. haha! bathed the morning after op too..

Post C-Sect...

How soon can we shower?
And will you be given medicated ointment or pills to aide wound healing / pain-relief etc?
i showered as soon as i got home. didnt really follow confinement rules. During confinement totally no appetite at all. one whole only drank half bowl of soup mostly. keke.. u muz keep yourself clean else baby smells a smelly mummy! i was given a whole lot of painkillers. But i only take it if i feel any pain. No cream to apply coz my gynae dressed up my wound with very good waterproof dreessing which he only removed after 10days.

gumbokins

Post C-Sect...

How soon can we shower?
I showered at the hospital on the second day...plaster is waterproof heehee.

Didn't get any medication apart from painkillers I think. At the hospital they gave a lot of ginger tea to get u to fart. I also started my massage after 5 days.

PTB7476

Post C-Sect...

How soon can we shower?
allowed to shower the next day but i didnt cos my mom and hubby were with me throughout my stay there so cant sneak to toilet to shower but i do wash the bottom and wipe myself everyday...on discharged...rush home and shower with herbal bath ...

the drip has got mild painkiller and on top was given pain killer tablet but i stopped both at the end of day 2 cos dont see the need to take them at all

PTB7476

I showered at the hospital on the second day...plaster is waterproof heehee.

Didn't get any medication apart from painkillers I think. At the hospital they gave a lot of ginger tea to get u to fart. I also started my massage after 5 days.
woah u started your massage5 days after c sect ... i checked with gynae she said best to wait til a month later so i still counting down to my massage ...

keefu

keefu, hope you feel better soon.
i can totally understand about not able to stand, sit or walk for too long (even at this point.. ha!)
to make matters worse, i have a pre-existing old back injury sustained a decade ago - all before i was first pregnant. sigh..........
by the way, what's the difference between epi & partial anaesthesia?
Please take care of your back especially now you're having twins which needs to rely on your back to support the weight... I think mine is epi not sure though a bit blur LOL... Cos when I was having pain from the sitching they insert a jab on me furthermore to release the pain... No idea whether is it epi dose or anesthesia dose.

keefu

hi keefu, mine also emergency c sect as i had induce, some more twice, i am in the delivery suit for 12hrs as the contraction very strong but not open, until my husband frastrated as he wait there very long. at the end need ceaserian.
u can feel the stitches?? i cant even feel anything as my whole body up till above my chest are numb.
do u hav the "coset"? i don know do i spell correctly not, wear that over yr tummy and it wil reduce the painful. but with that yrs movement wil be restricted and when sit down or wat hav to be slow.
Wah twice emergency?? Do you feel unprepared?? For me I feel sooo unprepared cos I always wanted husband to be there and yet he can't... So your husband advise caesarean cos he feel frustrated? My husband said that if we knew it was going to be C-sect we should have book that package instead of staying in the hospital for 4 days. (by the way nobody wants that to happen too) For me it was gynae who advise C-sect after 15 hours of contraction and the 1st dose of epidural cannot tolerate the pain anymore... And when the baby come out his face was facing up and his nose, ears, mouth, feet are blue black... Like in distress I reckon.

Yah I can feel the stiching and the pulling but not pain... But till the end was painful for me but got pain relief from the jab... Yes I have the abdominal bind which I bought from KK pharmacy... Wear it for two weeks and it had help me to go through better by standing up straight...

carollai

Wah twice emergency?? Do you feel unprepared?? For me I feel sooo unprepared cos I always wanted husband to be there and yet he can't... So your husband advise caesarean cos he feel frustrated? My husband said that if we knew it was going to be C-sect we should have book that package instead of staying in the hospital for 4 days. (by the way nobody wants that to happen too) For me it was gynae who advise C-sect after 15 hours of contraction and the 1st dose of epidural cannot tolerate the pain anymore... And when the baby come out his face was facing up and his nose, ears, mouth, feet are blue black... Like in distress I reckon.

Yah I can feel the stiching and the pulling but not pain... But till the end was painful for me but got pain relief from the jab... Yes I have the abdominal bind which I bought from KK pharmacy... Wear it for two weeks and it had help me to go through better by standing up straight...
it is my gynae ask me to do so, as 2 days before i go delivery i went back to check up, the gynae told me that,if full term, i may need to c-sect, but i can choose to induce,but when i take my pressure, it is high, 140+, so my gynae ask me to induce. i went in kk early morning at 1+am, till 7+am start contraction, so i was transfered to delivery suit. my gynae only came abt 12+pm to check how many cm open, but never open, then he put in 1 more med to help me induce,as he encourage ppl to natural birth. oh my god, then me and my husband waited again until 7+pm. when the gynae came and check, still not open, then the gynae decide should emergency c-sect. fm that moment my husband so angry, as if 1st time not success, must well go c-sect straight. why need to induce one more time. i was empty stomach fm that early morning til operation.
so i would like to advice the mummy to be, if the gynae ask u to choose, either induce or c-sect, pls choose c-sect straight to avoid anything happen in between.
and i would like to share my little joke that i have.as this is my first bb, and my first experience for everything. when i was being push to the recovery room after giving birth, i was covered with the blanket.my whole body fm chest till toes feel so numb and i was so drownsy and keep vomitting & shivering. i thought something happen to me, some more when one of the nurse take my pressure, she consult the senior nurse,and the senior nurse and the rest come and take a look, and keep calling my name. i thought something serious. then suddenly i saw my toes was dark grey color, like blue black.. i was so worried, thought why like that. then i ask the nurse wat happen to my legs, then the nurse told me "THAT WAS THE SOCKS". hahaha..

PTB7476

it is my gynae ask me to do so, as 2 days before i go delivery i went back to check up, the gynae told me that,if full term, i may need to c-sect, but i can choose to induce,but when i take my pressure, it is high, 140+, so my gynae ask me to induce. i went in kk early morning at 1+am, till 7+am start contraction, so i was transfered to delivery suit. my gynae only came about 12+pm to check how many cm open, but never open, then he put in 1 more med to help me induce,as he encourage ppl to natural birth. oh my god, then me and my husband waited again until 7+pm. when the gynae came and check, still not open, then the gynae decide should emergency c-sect. fm that moment my husband so angry, as if 1st time not success, must well go c-sect straight. why need to induce one more time. i was empty stomach fm that early morning til operation.
so i would like to advice the mummy to be, if the gynae ask you to choose, either induce or c-sect, pls choose c-sect straight to avoid anything happen in between.
and i would like to share my little joke that i have.as this is my first baby, and my first experience for everything. when i was being push to the recovery room after giving birth, i was covered with the blanket.my whole body fm chest till toes feel so numb and i was so drownsy and keep vomitting & shivering. i thought something happen to me, some more when one of the nurse take my pressure, she consult the senior nurse,and the senior nurse and the rest come and take a look, and keep calling my name. i thought something serious. then suddenly i saw my toes was dark grey color, like blue black.. i was so worried, thought why like that. then i ask the nurse what happen to my legs, then the nurse told me "THAT WAS THE SOCKS". hahaha..
:tlaugh:u are so funny

that's what i did when gynae asked me to induce...i said no and arrange for C sect date instead :p and after the C sect, gynae said i made the right choice :tlaugh:

faye2678

it is my gynae ask me to do so, as 2 days before i go delivery i went back to check up, the gynae told me that,if full term, i may need to c-sect, but i can choose to induce,but when i take my pressure, it is high, 140+, so my gynae ask me to induce. i went in kk early morning at 1+am, till 7+am start contraction, so i was transfered to delivery suit. my gynae only came about 12+pm to check how many cm open, but never open, then he put in 1 more med to help me induce,as he encourage ppl to natural birth. oh my god, then me and my husband waited again until 7+pm. when the gynae came and check, still not open, then the gynae decide should emergency c-sect. fm that moment my husband so angry, as if 1st time not success, must well go c-sect straight. why need to induce one more time. i was empty stomach fm that early morning til operation.
so i would like to advice the mummy to be, if the gynae ask you to choose, either induce or c-sect, pls choose c-sect straight to avoid anything happen in between.
and i would like to share my little joke that i have.as this is my first baby, and my first experience for everything. when i was being push to the recovery room after giving birth, i was covered with the blanket.my whole body fm chest till toes feel so numb and i was so drownsy and keep vomitting & shivering. i thought something happen to me, some more when one of the nurse take my pressure, she consult the senior nurse,and the senior nurse and the rest come and take a look, and keep calling my name. i thought something serious. then suddenly i saw my toes was dark grey color, like blue black.. i was so worried, thought why like that. then i ask the nurse what happen to my legs, then the nurse told me "THAT WAS THE SOCKS". hahaha..
Thanks! I'm not a supporter of induced labour too... haha!
So anaesthesia makes one fairly confused!
And you forgot you put on socks... hehehehe...

Just so deciding between GA or LA...
It seems like for cost-saving, GA sounds more logical.
Is it?