EDD Sep 2010

mrs_eg

Hi mrs_eng & kaymummy, thanks for the suggestions :) I oso worry my mood will affect bb cos last few wks was preparing for exam so was rather stress and during tt period is when my bb start to smile to Ppl..hope I can catch his attention before going back to work if nt will be having lesser time wif him..
studying and taking care of baby alone?!?!?!
u champs!

how you do it?!?! teach me!!!!

mrs_eg

Hmmm.....
For a chatty thread like ours..
It really IS unusually quiet n slow recently...

Have a Merry Xmas everybody!!!

Erin07

studying and taking care of baby alone?!?!?!
you champs!

how you do it?!?! teach me!!!!
you doing part time study too?? When close to exam, I usually Study at night time when my mum look after baby..day time usually I sleep with baby haha but if gt energy I will do some study during the day too..it's quite tiring so I am quite shag now haha (after effect)

mrs_eg

you doing part time study too?? When close to exam, I usually Study at night time when my mum look after baby..day time usually I sleep with baby haha but if gt energy I will do some study during the day too..it's quite tiring so I am quite shag now haha (after effect)
No i deferred... But will be back studying next yr... Ooo... Ur mum helped... Thats good... If not even more shag...

I wonder how i will cope?? Im taking care of bb all by myself... Hmmmm

No i deferred... But will be back studying next yr... Ooo... Ur mum helped... Thats good... If not even more shag...

I wonder how i will cope?? Im taking care of bb all by myself... Hmmmm
yes mrs_eg, i agree that our forum like very quiet these days. i wonder why. hmmm...

oh mrs_eg and Erin07, what r the 2 of you studying? i was like the 2 of you when i had my elder one. i gave birth in may and started school in aug. it was tough, very tough. i'm sure the both of you will cope well. good luck ok.

where is everyone? hmmmm

Hi Mummies..how's ur babies responding to u all so far??
My bb nw can respond everyone well except me..he doesn't smile at me often but will smile at others and it making mi rather upset as I hav been looking after him all these while..does anyone of u hav similar situation or do u all have any idea y is it so??
Hi mummies,

I have not logged in for quite some time..merry Xmas to all mummies n babies n daddies hehe

Been busy with Xmas parties held at my place cos for convenience sake..

I been saying good morning to my bb every morning n he will smile at me..
Maybe u do a simple test. Ask ur Hubby or anyone to carry him n u call out ur bb name n see if ur bb respond to u.. Prob u have to talk to him everyday so ur bb recognize u..

Are ur bb playful? Mine was cos when people come visit us.. He will not zzz n waiting for people to play with him . But he needs some warm up first cos the first time he saw strangers he will cry haha but resume back to his smiling face after a while..

My bb has been drinking lesser n lesser ! He cannot finish even 100 ml when he wakes up in the morning after long hours of zzz..any bb has similar trends???

lovemk87

Hi Mummies

any of you are sending your baby to infant carecentre? Will be going back to work soon and most likely my baby will be going to infantcare...any advices that may help us to mentally prepared for the transition?
have been feeding baby bottles in the daytime to prepare her for the change...she like pigeon instead of avent..haha..
i send my baby to nanny's house. she takes care of my baby from monday to friday 7am to 9pm (cos long distance from my wkplace to nanny's house) & Tuesday to Thursday night stay over at there. :001_302:

lovemk87

hihi.. juz got my ergo.. hvnt got the chance to use it yet.. but as for bjorn, i find it v secure, clips are tight locked and most impt, my belle likes it alot.. lolx
i tink 'active' is more than enuff.. this brand can b trusted.. price is worth it.. consider ba.. hee~~
I using ergo organic carrier...really good **thumbs up!!! My boy neck still not very stable so i will need to hold his head.

Last edited:
Hi Mummies! Hope all of you are doing fine! :)

I'm thinking of organising an outing. Are you ladies game? Which date/day would be good?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LittleWorm

Hi Mummies

any of you are sending your baby to infant carecentre? Will be going back to work soon and most likely my baby will be going to infantcare...any advices that may help us to mentally prepared for the transition?
have been feeding baby bottles in the daytime to prepare her for the change...she like pigeon instead of avent..haha..
Hey mummies,

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!! Hope you enjoy this special first Xmas with your lil one...my Janelle just loves to watch the Xmas lightings on our Christmas tree hAaha she will also laugh especially loudly when we say Ho Ho Ho Merry Xmas (so cute!!)

Happybaby, Janelle is attending infantcare since last wed but she caught her first flu just on her third day n until now yet to fully recover. I was angry that the teachers never inform us that she was sick when my hubby picked her up last fri, I was then wondering why she was swaddled so tightly when she was home n only found out that she has serious blocked nose when she awoke for her milk. I put her out of infantcare until 2 days ago but whenever she goes to infantcare, her flu got a little worse than when she was at home...really feel very heartache!!

So Happybaby, this is the disadvantage of putting our lil one in infantcare. I know she will get sick but had not expected it to b so soon! We will monitor for 2 more wks n if she keeps getting sick, we will consider putting her out of infantcare n get a nanny. Btw make sure you pack all long sleeved shirts n pants n swaddlebag or cloth for your lil one when go infantcare. Janelle is on FM so we only need to bring four milkbottles, can't advise you on the breast milk part.

Hope everything will b smooth sailing for you when you put your lil one in infantcare.

LittleWorm

i send my baby to nanny's house. she takes care of my baby from monday to friday 7am to 9pm (cos long distance from my wkplace to nanny's house) & Tuesday to Thursday night stay over at there. :001_302:
How is your baby coping at nanny's place?? I may explore the idea too of getting a nanny. The difficult part is how to find a good nanny...was yours introduce by someone? How do u ascertain she's good? Is ur nanny also looking after other children?

Any mummies know a good nanny around sengkang/punggol/hougang area?

LittleWorm

Hi mummies,

I have not logged in for quite some time..merry Xmas to all mummies n babies n daddies hehe

Been busy with Xmas parties held at my place cos for convenience sake..

I been saying good morning to my bb every morning n he will smile at me..
Maybe u do a simple test. Ask ur Hubby or anyone to carry him n u call out ur bb name n see if ur bb respond to u.. Prob u have to talk to him everyday so ur bb recognize u..

Are ur bb playful? Mine was cos when people come visit us.. He will not zzz n waiting for people to play with him . But he needs some warm up first cos the first time he saw strangers he will cry haha but resume back to his smiling face after a while..

My bb has been drinking lesser n lesser ! He cannot finish even 100 ml when he wakes up in the morning after long hours of zzz..any bb has similar trends???
Oh yes my baby is very playful n not at all shy. In fact she welcomes any new or old face with a big smile n waving hands n legs excitedly! Recently we imitate her cough sounds n she will cackle especially high squeals of laughter whenever we do that...my mum simply loves playing with her haha. She loves to talk too n is very excited when people start talking to her, she will talk n coo back haha! What about you mummies, care to share enjoyable moments with your baby?

Erin07

yes mrs_eg, i agree that our forum like very quiet these days. i wonder why. hmmm...

oh mrs_eg and Erin07, what r the 2 of you studying? i was like the 2 of you when i had my elder one. i gave birth in may and started school in aug. it was tough, very tough. i'm sure the both of you will cope well. good luck ok.

where is everyone? hmmmm
Mrs_eng, you can do it cos 母爱是伟大的!! When you are back to study, you getting any help on taking care of your baby?

I'm taking acca..hw about you and LittleLady?

Happyqueen, my baby like to play too but from what I observe he play well with grandparents, daddy n uncles..when I call him he dont always look at me too..wonder if i am too impatient to get his attention and backfire instead. But whenever I see him fall aslp in my arms, I will feel contented keke..

mrs_eg

Happybaby, Janelle is attending infantcare since last wed but she caught her first flu just on her third day n until now yet to fully recover. I was angry that the teachers never inform us that she was sick when my hubby picked her up last fri, I was then wondering why she was swaddled so tightly when she was home n only found out that she has serious blocked nose when she awoke for her milk. I put her out of infantcare until 2 days ago but whenever she goes to infantcare, her flu got a little worse than when she was at home...really feel very heartache!!
hi littleworm, may i know which infantcare isit??? heeeee......

Hi mummies,

I have not logged in for quite some time..merry Xmas to all mummies n babies n
Are your baby playful? Mine was cos when people come visit us.. He will not zzz n waiting for people to play with him . But he needs some warm up first cos the first time he saw strangers he will cry haha but resume back to his smiling face after a while..
yup... baby's been playful... loves us to sing her songs or play with her... but sometimes need us to keep playing with her..... she loves going out too.... very curious abt everything ard her... but she is cautious... if unfamilar things or ppl gets too close.... she will get upset...

Mrs_eng, you can do it cos 母爱是伟大的!! When you are back to study, you getting any help on taking care of your baby?

I'm taking acca..hw about you and LittleLady?
hee... going back nxt yr... studying communications studies... :)
cos it is part time, my hubby or parents or inlaws will take care lo... no choice...

prince

I also have both. My view is that the baby bjorn is easier to wear when you're alone; its comfort level varies according to the model, e.g. the more expensive Synergy will have better back support than the Originals. I think the ergo will be useful when our baby outgrows the bjorn, it will be a lot more comfortable for the wearer when carrying an older child because of its support at the waist and thicker shoulder padding. Currently I use the bjorn for my 3 mth old girl - can already feel the strain on the back and shoulders (I'm using the Spirit Original). Hope this helps!
Hi Nightingale,
Does your baby cry when you first ride her in the bjorn ? I have just bought one and try it on my son (3 mths). But after around 20-30min he will get upset. Wonder if it's normal for first timer coz not used ot it or he is uncomfortable with it. Mind to share your first experience with bjorn ? Thanks in advance. Btw I'm using bjorn comfort carrier (The new model)

nightingale

Hi Nightingale,
Does your baby cry when you first ride her in the bjorn ? I have just bought one and try it on my son (3 mths). But after around 20-30min he will get upset. Wonder if it's normal for first timer coz not used ot it or he is uncomfortable with it. Mind to share your first experience with bjorn ? Thanks in advance. Btw I'm using bjorn comfort carrier (The new model)
Hi prince,
Hmm.. actually 20-30 mins is considered pretty good! My girl likes to be carried facing outwards (3mth+) - normally we don't let her stay in the carrier for more than 30mins anyway: for one, it's tiring for the daddy / mummy and secondly, she tends to become sleepy quite easily so after that we will put her back in the stroller to sleep. The carrier isn't really a stroller replacement for us - it's just to take her out if she starts to fuss after lying in the stroller for too long, and let her have a good view of the surroundings. We only bring her out in just the Bjorn / sling if it is going to be a short trip, like buying lunch from nearby or when I need both hands to do household chores.
Don't give up on the Bjorn just yet! Sometimes baby may just be grumpy for other reasons, and may look as if he/she is rejecting the Bjorn. It's such a fun ride - I can't see any reason why any baby wouldn't like to be carried around in it! :)

nightingale

Oh yes my baby is very playful n not at all shy. In fact she welcomes any new or old face with a big smile n waving hands n legs excitedly! Recently we imitate her cough sounds n she will cackle especially high squeals of laughter whenever we do that...my mum simply loves playing with her haha. She loves to talk too n is very excited when people start talking to her, she will talk n coo back haha! What about you mummies, care to share enjoyable moments with your baby?
Hehe sounds like my girl too~ I think this is where the 'fun' really begins! It's really heartwarming when our babies respond to us instead of simply crying for milk, yes? :) We also try to make baby laugh - recently been letting her 'interact' with her own reflection in the mirror, very amusing to watch. She's also starting to giggle in response to swinging and twirling. But so far she hasn't shown signs of being 'ticklish' yet! hehe!

happybaby

Hey mummies,

So Happybaby, this is the disadvantage of putting our lil one in infantcare. I know she will get sick but had not expected it to b so soon! We will monitor for 2 more wks n if she keeps getting sick, we will consider putting her out of infantcare n get a nanny. Btw make sure you pack all long sleeved shirts n pants n swaddlebag or cloth for your lil one when go infantcare. Janelle is on FM so we only need to bring four milkbottles, can't advise you on the breast milk part.

Hope everything will b smooth sailing for you when you put your lil one in infantcare.
Hi Little Worm
Thanks for your sharing. Will be sending my girl to infantcare next Monday. Just went for the the orientation, not many babies there yet...about 5 babies and there are 4 caregiver, the centre is quite new, just opened not long....
Could it be the aircon? The centre i went to, the aircon is quite cold...22 degree...but the teacher say they will adjust it accordingly...

lovemk87

How is your baby coping at nanny's place?? I may explore the idea too of getting a nanny. The difficult part is how to find a good nanny...was yours introduce by someone? How do you ascertain she's good? Is your nanny also looking after other children?

Any mummies know a good nanny around sengkang/punggol/hougang area?
i gt the nanny contact from forum and found it 1 day before i start work..quite lucky :001_302:
she looking after my baby only.

hi mummies, do you all buy toys for your bb to play? Please share what toy do you buy for your bb? I am running out of ideas to entertain my bb.