What age to bring baby for swimming??

mandai

www.babyswimming.com.sg
My son swim at 6 mths with his float. He love it very much when carry him out he will cry. stay in water abt 30 mins.
Wear shorts without diaper.
baby are born swimmer.
Perhaps the best news of all is that swimming help to grow and develop the baby’s brain because the brain grows by use. Providing an opportunity for baby to move in the water is an ideal way to develop not only a stronger body, but a better brain.

How does physical activity cause the brain to grow? The simple answer is stimulation. If a baby receives extraordinary stimulation, the brain will store an extraordinary amount of information. This is the foundation of human ability.
swimming for newborn is popular IN USA, JAPAN, EURO. In Singapore, the company provide the course is HWA XIA INTERNATION P/L. Untitled Document.

MummyGrace

www.babyswimming.com.sg

baby are born swimmer.
Perhaps the best news of all is that swimming help to grow and develop the baby’s brain because the brain grows by use. Providing an opportunity for baby to move in the water is an ideal way to develop not only a stronger body, but a better brain.

How does physical activity cause the brain to grow? The simple answer is stimulation. If a baby receives extraordinary stimulation, the brain will store an extraordinary amount of information. This is the foundation of human ability.
swimming for newborn is popular IN USA, JAPAN, EURO. In Singapore, the company provide the course is HWA XIA INTERNATION P/L. Untitled Document.
Wow.. thanks for the info.. nw feel like bring my prince there.. :wong29:

I new here, so donno how to do the fanciful things yet. But just to answer some questions here:

It is advisable NOT to bring kids swimming till after 6 months old. before that, higher risk of ear infection, when pool water gets into their ears. It can not only be uncomfortable for the poor bb, it can also cause permanent hearing loss!

When bringing bbs swimming, try not to soak them for more than 15 mins. Their body temperature falls very fast, and that makes them prone to chills and infections.

While it is widely acknowledged that newborn can 'swim' because they were afterall in a water-filled environment before birth, the swimming pool is certainly NOT an ideal place - with all the chemicals, chlorine being just one of them, and the germs, etc. No need to elaborate what else you can find in public pools, esp if kids are involved! :weno:tsk tsk

I bot disposable swim pants (Huggies) for my boy when swimming. But not using them now coz he's able to hold his bladder. I make him pee pee b4 entering the pool, and pee again after his swim.

stonston

i brought my son for a dip at 4mths...but head nvr touch water cos i scared water go in his ears...

then after 6mths we brought him for regular swim sessions...my aunt's place has a private pool :) the chlorine is carefulli calculated by the pple who maintain n clean e pool :)

then recently, he is now 10mths+, we brought him to msia for family trip...we went boat ride we brought him along...he love the wind in his face!!

then e water was super clean n clear n warm, so my mum brought him in for a swim, with life vest of cos....he loved e water so much, he cried like siao when we brought him back on e boat!!

if introduced properly, babies love swimming....

btw, i use swim diapers....disposable ones, then those cloth swim diapers over the disposable ones :)

mandai

Hi, Muns

What HWA XIA INT'L provides is 1 to 1 baby swimming program. The water is fresh and warm. Attendant takes care of baby. Float warps around the baby's neck ensuring his head is above water. I visit the centre once a week since i joined the program Oct 2006. Contact no is 6489-4847. U, Muns can try it.

JenLee98

Mummies, just to share what happened before the new year. We went to Malaysia for a short trip and let my 9 m.o. bb swam in the resort pool, water looks very clean. She stuck out her tonuge to taste the water and may have accidentally drank some. The next day, she started to have high fever and the doc said it was viral fever. Do take note. :embarrassed:

mandai

Baby swimming program is not only for a strong body but also a better brain. attched picture fr a hospital in Hongkong.

Attachments

Last edited:

mmy_lizz

i brought mine at 4, i think turnin 5 already.. at first she was like scared wit e water as it was goin to rain then mayb cold. we tried again few weeks later n was ok.. in fact she loved it..aerly 7mths we brought her again n it was like heaven on earth for her.. very happy.. playin with e water also..cool act. n also mayb DH n me was fr a water environment jobs.. so pass down to her.

Newborns are born swimmers. If you allow them to continue to be in water, they will not lose that ability. Just give them the opportunity to use what they have learned in utero.---- Perhaps the best news of all is that swimming help to grow and develop the baby’s brain because the brain grows by use. Providing an opportunity for baby to move in the water is an ideal way to develop not only a stronger body, but a better brain. In USA, babies can swim as young as just birth.

JOANNA-

In fact, e swimming pool water is cleaned by a kind of powder which they sprinkle on it and it contains chlorine ( dunno how to spell ), its a kind of chemical . Tats y even we adults go swimming, our hair oso will be damaged by e water . So its not good for baby skin if baby stays in e pool for long . :tlaugh:

vodkager

i brought my bb for swimming when he was 3mos. he loves the water! i think it depends on individual.. bring him for swimming so many times.. but he has never fall sick bcos of e weather or e water.. lol.. i think as long as u bring them when the sun is out.. for short period of time.. wrap them up w towel once they're outta e water, it shld be fine..

yes, Public swimming pool water is not so clean and it is not good for baby's stay in pool for long . I use bath tub and let my dd to swimming. The bath tub is portable 80cm High, 80cm diameter. but need a lot of water.

I brought my DD to swim aft she got her hair shaved when she's 4 months old.

at first I was scare that she'll be afraid.
but I was wrong.
she enjoyed herself very much!!

mandai

PUNGGOL PLAZA is too far away from my place and the Harbourfront Centre is near my home. I will go Harbourfront Centre (Next to VIVOCITY) 3 rd floor.

myangela

Hi mommies...

what is the suitable age to bring baby to swim?? I also heard tat baby can only stays in swimming pool for 15mins (prevent infection).. is it true??:err:
I bought my dds to swim when they r about 5mths stay in the pool for 10-15mins. They use the Huggies disposable diapers tt r meant for swimming.:mlaugh: