EDD October

yinching

Hi Yinching.
Nice to meet you here. I jus started my maternity leave, 1st day at hm alone. Resting n waiting...
Somehow still haven't feel anxious. Maybe a few more days. :))

I'll be delivering at Mt alvernia, my first baby. It's a bb girl!! Last sat gynae said my bb is abt 3.5 kg,
Big bb. But he din mentioned anything abt c sect, so think still can go natural. BB also haven engage
Although her head is downward position already.

Saw many posts on this link, haven finish looking through at all of them. I can feel BB pressing my bladder
Although she is not yet in engage position. If i'm not wrong you were asking what to eat to make Bb more
Plump, for me I ate lots of beef, milk n ice cream n cold water.
Wow.. ur baby quite big. My colleagues told me not to eat cold stuff like ice water, ice cream and etc.. I'm also expecting baby girl too. I'm going to deliver at KKH and going for my checkup this Fri for AFI and Fetal Weight.

nattynat

On 3rd day of admission then u were induced? Means u stay hospital to wait for delivery for 3 days before birth?
yeah.. that's the thing about govt hospitals. very slow.... haha

was admitted for observation on the first day at 12mn cuz bb had a drop for a few seconds in the heartbeat when i was strapped to the ctg. first day's exactly the first day of 37 weeks. was guessing that she will come out in the first week of being full term. so they sent me for a scan on the 2nd day which was supposed to be at 11am but they took me to scan at 2pm. by the time the gynae came to access the report, it was already 5+pm. Was given the option of induction as the fluid level was low. And since there were no beds left in the labour ward for that night, my induction was scheduled at 10am the following day, which is the 3rd day.

yinching

was admitted for observation on the first day at 12mn cuz bb had a drop for a few seconds in the heartbeat when i was strapped to the ctg. first day's exactly the first day of 37 weeks. was guessing that she will come out in the first week of being full term. so they sent me for a scan on the 2nd day which was supposed to be at 11am but they took me to scan at 2pm. by the time the gynae came to access the report, it was already 5+pm. Was given the option of induction as the fluid level was low. And since there were no beds left in the labour ward for that night, my induction was scheduled at 10am the following day, which is the 3rd day.
I tot you hv register for pre-admission before you admit to deliver? I tot natural birth only stay for 2 days den after that can discharge. You hv to stay for so many days and think ur final bill cost alot.

lyra

Oic! The hospital bill muz be quite shiong... So many days. But earlier better then later. If my bb still show no sign of coming out way after EDD, I'll b so worried. I'll b 37 weeks in 2 day's time and I still plan gathering with frens... Need to walk a bit of distance to meet up at the cafe some more. Hopefully bb dun decide to come out on that day!

yinching

Oic! The hospital bill muz be quite shiong... So many days. But earlier better then later. If my bb still show no sign of coming out way after EDD, I'll b so worried. I'll b 37 weeks in 2 day's time and I still plan gathering with frens... Need to walk a bit of distance to meet up at the cafe some more. Hopefully bb dun decide to come out on that day!
Hi lyra,

I think ur baby won't come out so soon, did you check with ur gynae roughly when wil deliver?

Tasia

Wow.. ur baby quite big. My colleagues told me not to eat cold stuff like ice water, ice cream and etc.. I'm also expecting baby girl too. I'm going to deliver at KKH and going for my checkup this Fri for AFI and Fetal Weight.
Ya... Hopefully can give birth naturally. My gynae fun ask me to do the AFI n fetal weight. What does AFI stands for? I actually brought my mum to my gynae to confirm that taking cold stuff is ok, esp when the weather is soooo hottt. Jus that having too much ice cream, the mother will be fat.
Total I hv gained 17kg+ and I have abt 10 mote days to go.

yinching

Ya... Hopefully can give birth naturally. My gynae fun ask me to do the AFI n fetal weight. What does AFI stands for? I actually brought my mum to my gynae to confirm that taking cold stuff is ok, esp when the weather is soooo hottt. Jus that having too much ice cream, the mother will be fat.
Total I hv gained 17kg+ and I have abt 10 mote days to go.
oh AFI stand for amnotic fluid. they told me eating too much cold stuff will get leg cramp.

Tasia

oh AFI stand for amnotic fluid. they told me eating too much cold stuff will get leg cramp.
Ohh... My gynae always did scan to check BB head diameter, heart beat, the placenta n whether the amniotic fluid is enough.
So far I only get 1 time leg cramp, after I went for pre natal massage at my salon. Think the lady is not vy good in msg.
Subsequently, I get Malay lady to do pre natal msg n no leg cramp. :))

Total how many kg u hv gained? Hope that I can shed off the 17 kgs that I hv gained. Cross fingers... Hehe

hotmilktea

Yes, too much cold drinks/ cooling stuffs will cause leg cramp.

not sure if you all observed, some ladies they have very very obvious veins pop out at their calves. those are the results of too cold stuffs lead to leg cramp. but these are the really extreme leg cramp.

nattynat

I tot you hv register for pre-admission before you admit to deliver? I tot natural birth only stay for 2 days den after that can discharge. You hv to stay for so many days and think ur final bill cost alot.
yup.. i did pre-admission. but pre-admission is just to save you the hassle of going through the admission procedures when you are to be admitted, then don't have to rush like mad when you want to give birth. doesn't guarantee you the number of days you will be staying inside cuz you won't know what will happen during the course. :) but the good thing was, i had a free upgrade to B2+ ward for the 4 days cuz there was no space in the B2 ward :D so far we didn't receive any bill yet. so.. from what i know, i only need to pay for the epidural and induction tablet perhaps if the rest is fully deducted from medisave.

nattynat

don't know leh.. haven't received any bill. Perhaps medisave has covered the bulk of it :) yah, earlier easier to deliver cuz smaller size
haha.. your friends can send you to the hospital if that really happens :) exciting eh? :D any strong feelings of bb wanting to come out in the 37th week?

lyra

Yes, EDD is 19 Oct but it's an estimated date and bb could come 2 weeks +- this date... I've got fren who delivered 35 weeks so it's just to be safe. My tummy is lower now and can feel sharp pain at vagina which means it's preparing for labour. Need to standby mentally :)

Hi lyra,

I think your baby won't come out so soon, did you check with your gynae roughly when wil deliver?
Gd that Medisave covers bulk of the bill! More money for baby :) now tummy lower and feeling stronger Braxton hicks as well as pain in vagina. I think shd be soon. Will watch out for more obvious sign. 1st preg so very anxious hehe

dont't know .. have not't received any bill. Perhaps medisave has covered the bulk of it :) yah, earlier easier to deliver cuz smaller size
haha.. your friends can send you to the hospital if that really happens :) exciting eh? :D any strong feelings of baby wanting to come out in the 37th week?

Alisa

ytd night i kept experience braxton cramp... im in 36 weeks liao, already book for c-sec on 10 Oct.. hopefully can endure till that day.:001_07:

yinching

Yes, too much cold drinks/ cooling stuffs will cause leg cramp.

not sure if you all observed, some ladies they have very very obvious veins pop out at their calves. those are the results of too cold stuffs lead to leg cramp. but these are the really extreme leg cramp.
Ya, my right leg ankle there is some purple veins show up. So don't drink too much cold stuff, will lead to leg cramp. Mine is muscle pull during sleeping time.

yinching

yup.. i did pre-admission. but pre-admission is just to save you the hassle of going through the admission procedures when you are to be admitted, then don't have to rush like mad when you want to give birth. doesn't guarantee you the number of days you will be staying inside cuz you won't know what will happen during the course. :) but the good thing was, i had a free upgrade to B2+ ward for the 4 days cuz there was no space in the B2 ward :D so far we didn't receive any bill yet. so.. from what i know, i only need to pay for the epidural and induction tablet perhaps if the rest is fully deducted from medisave.
is it painful when you take the epidural? Is it $500 for the epidural?

lyra

I also had Braxton hicks 2 nights ago, almost whole night, cannot sleep until morning. Then yesterday night couldn't sleep as baby keep stretching turning inside me, hurting me. Which ever side I turn also cannot sleep well. insomnia 2 nights in a row :(

ytd night i kept experience braxton cramp... im in 36 weeks liao, already book for c-sec on 10 Oct.. hopefully can endure till that day.:001_07:

yinching

I also had Braxton hicks 2 nights ago, almost whole night, cannot sleep until morning. Then yesterday night couldn't sleep as baby keep stretching turning inside me, hurting me. Which ever side I turn also cannot sleep well. insomnia 2 nights in a row :(
Oh... My baby also keep stretching and kicking me when I turn to left side to slp. You can try putting a pillow at ur side to support ur tummy when u slp. Maybe when u slp at ur slp, ur baby feeling uncomfortable that y stretching n kicking u.