EDD October

hotmilktea

you have experience already, if its me , i will say ok ok today !!! :)

the weight will differ so much? the scan so not accurate by almost to a kg.

Went for my gynae appt this morning.
Currently 38 weeks and 3 days. Cervix already opened and 3 cm dilated.
Gynae gave me the 2 options.

Give birth today by artificial bursting of waterbag or continue waiting.
I told her I prefer to wait and asked her roughly when, she said anytime within the next 5 days but not confirmed.

My bb's estimated weight is still 2.6kgs but am not that concerned cause my daughter is 3.66kgs at birth though her last measured est. weight was 2.8kgs :)

Triquetra

you have experience already, if its me , i will say ok ok today !!! :)

the weight will differ so much? the scan so not accurate by almost to a kg.
Usually it's around the estimated weight but as long as baby is over 2.5kgs I think it's okay.
Maybe my daughter happened to have a small tummy and chubby face, arms and legs :p

I already told myself after my first delivery that if I ever give birth again, I shall try to delay admitting into the hospital as much as I can.

After admission, you will be strapped to the CTG machine to monitor contraction/baby's heartbeats.
Then after your waterbag is artificially broken, you cannot eat or drink...
Last time didn't know, ended up 'tied' to the bed to feel the discomfort with nothing to distract.
I couldn't endure and jumped out to walk a couple of times and the nurse -.-""""""

Walking when you are in labour will not only help to distract yourself from the pain but also helps to increase the dilation so I think I will walk walk walk walk walk when in labour this time until really cannot endure then go hospital.

lyra

Thnx for the reply! I'm thinking of getting lucky baby iBreathe from Kiddy Palace. Dunno gd or not... It's the only firmer mattress we saw at the shop.

I got mine from Kiddy Palace.
One side is firmer which is more suitable for newborn.
Then when bb's spine etc more developed then turn to the softer side.
I don't rem the price though...

lyra

I read in Mayo Clinic preg book that it is dilating but this can happen weeks or days b4 a real delivery, esp if we r first time mothers, so its nothing to worry abt yet.

I keep feeling sharp pain inside vagina when walking is this consider it diliating?

Sarobabe

Yeap yeap.. me have been feeling this pain whenever i take a few steps since 30 weeks which is 5 weeks ago... Went GYN follow up today and BB weighs at 3.27 kg at 35 weeks... Doc suggest to consider giving birth earlier if the pain is too much to bear... @______________@

I read in Mayo Clinic preg book that it is dilating but this can happen weeks or days b4 a real delivery, esp if we r first time mothers, so its nothing to worry abt yet.
I keep feeling sharp pain inside vagina when walking is this consider it diliating?

yinching

Yeap yeap.. me have been feeling this pain whenever i take a few steps since 30 weeks which is 5 weeks ago... Went GYN follow up today and BB weighs at 3.27 kg at 35 weeks... Doc suggest to consider giving birth earlier if the pain is too much to bear... @______________@
wow... how come ur baby weight so big? Duno how much now my baby weight?

Hi Mummies,

I went to checkup on yesterday. 35 weeks, my baby is 2.5kgs. But my baby very naughty, her head turn up again. Last month checkup her her head already turn down, but dont know why this month her head turn up again.
My gynea book me in c-section, she told me if baby's head not turn down 2 weeks later, then may need to c-section. Cannot wait for natural.
Appointment csection will be on 12/10/2011...
Hi mummies, any idea let baby's head turn down again... I actually hope can be natural. Cause my first boy was natural delivery.
Thanks mummies.

yinching

Hi Mummies,

I went to checkup on yesterday. 35 weeks, my baby is 2.5kgs. But my baby very naughty, her head turn up again. Last month checkup her her head already turn down, but dont know why this month her head turn up again.
My gynea book me in c-section, she told me if baby's head not turn down 2 weeks later, then may need to c-section. Cannot wait for natural.
Hi mummies, any idea let baby's head turn down again... I actually hope can be natural. Cause my first boy was natural delivery.
Thanks mummies.
Try massage ur tummy see whether her head can turn down.. Im going for my next checkup on 30 Sep at 35 weeks, wondering how much weight my bb girl has gain? Last checkup is 2kg on 16 Sep. Hopefully can gain more than 2.5kg cos my gynae say she is abit small. Did ur gynae say ur bb small?

Alisa

Hi Mummies,

Thanks mummies.
i read you can kneel on all four, like u mopping the floor using 1 pcs of cloth only for a while but try to go on your four more frequent and the baby head will turn down.

Try massage ur tummy see whether her head can turn down.. Im going for my next checkup on 30 Sep at 35 weeks, wondering how much weight my bb girl has gain? Last checkup is 2kg on 16 Sep. Hopefully can gain more than 2.5kg cos my gynae say she is abit small. Did ur gynae say ur bb small?
Ya, now every night will try to talk with my baby and massage the tummy. The gynea said the weight of baby is normal.

surreyian

Hello all, I'm new to this. Not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm expecting an oct bb too. EDD is on 16 oct. So far the pregnancy has been great, went for a scan today, and bb is in head down position.

I would like to ask if anyone is doing belly binding, would like to know their experience. And where i can get bengkung. I interested to get one.

surreyian

Yoga, cat position, exercising on birthing ball can help. Moxabustion is also a good alternation. Doctor can also help to turn the baby. Hope it all gies well for you.

bunnymum

I started feeling that too... my doc says it might be braxton hicks.

BTW, your baby is big. Mine's ony 2.4kg @ 35 weeks. :S

Sarobabe

I started feeling that too... my doc says it might be braxton hicks.
BTW, your baby is big. Mine's ony 2.4kg @ 35 weeks. :S
wow... how come ur baby weight so big? Duno how much now my baby weight?
Yinching dear: The doc shd estimate during your visit and advise you wor.. u may wanna to just ask at the next time ;)

Err.. i dun know :( but pple tell me tat boys shd be heavier.. so I guess tat may be the reason ba.. but this will add pressure to the heart and pelvic area, resulting in sleepless nights and movement difficulties which are both super uncomfortable.. Im praying that I can tahan until the scheduled C section date on 14 Oct... :(

Mindyling

Would like to check if anyone used cologne to "clean" hair during confinement before? This method was told to me by mother in law but im not sure if it can be used. Greatly appreciate any advice. If can be done, it will save my life cos my MIL say it is very shiok .... haha