What type of milk should pregnant woman drink?

ast0212

Mothers drinking formula?! Mothers don't need formula! These formula companies are taking it way too far and it is disgusting practices. What's next, formula for teenagers, seniors?

If you eat healthy or even if you don't, you definitely don't need formula!

Vivic

Ya. If you have healthy and balanced diet, you do not need any formula. Your gynae will prescribe you some supplement.

Brenbelle

I am currently on Similac mum, thought of switching to another brand. As advised that drinking milk is essential as it is high in folic acid, a nutrient clinically tested to support the growth of the foetus and reduce its risks of birth defects. It also contains Gangliosides, essential fatty acids and Sialic Acid. Is it really essential for every mum-to-be?

Tannie

I am a picky eater... Plus i dun get to eat home cook food everyday for dinner, Hence I Think formulat milk is good for me, with 2 glasses a day at least i get some nutrient n fibre...

Goldie00

I drink ensure during the first trimester because I have really back nausea. When the nausea is over, I drink HL milk

Brenbelle

I also do not have home cooked meals everyday, so trying to check where should I obtain the nutrients from. For HL milk is for normal consumption. I thought mtb should drink milk specially for mothers?

Tannie

Not necessary, like ast0212 mentioned, so long as u hv balance diet, u dun really need formula milk. besides ur doc will prescribe supplement to u which shld include folic acid etc. it is definitely better to get vitamins n mineral fm natural source.

for my case I m picky eater plus due to work location, I dun get to chose what to eat for lunch n for dinner I have to go light as my digestion system is slow, so I chose to drink FM to ensure I hv sufficient nutrients n fibre.

miracle25

I'm currently taking Annum Materna too, just started on my 2nd box.. but I only drink 1 glass a day in the morning.. as I merely passed my glucose test, my gynae advise me to follow a diabetic menu which states I should take plain milk or unsweeten yoghurt.. I've been taking HL milk for the past months but recently I'm switching to Meiji plain white milk which is pastuerised (which according to my colleague she said this is more healthy than the normal ones).. it's slightly expensive when not on offer and I often get them from NTUC..

Brenbelle

Thanks all for the replies. I am taking a glass daily before bedtime, will try Annum Materna as it's quite a popular choice. :)

Tannie

Thanks all for the replies. I am taking a glass daily before bedtime, will try Annum Materna as it's quite a popular choice. :)
Another reason why I like Annum is that u can make it with hot water, I prefer hot milk before bed. For Similac, u will hv to dissolve in room temp water thn add hot water if u like it warm... Otherwise it will turn lumpy...

miracle25

any one know if we can take such milk supplement if we have diabetics? I merely passed my glucose test so my gynae advise me to follow diabetic menu and it states that we should avoid milk supplements like Annum, etc...

Michelle85sg

Hi Mummies,
Can I actually mix cold water with anmum materna cause I don't like drinking hot milk or should I make it hot and leave it in the freezer???

min81

Actually, I've never thought about this.. Have always taken fresh milk (full cream) for years and just continuing with it now.. Is that ok? I normally buy what is on offer, Farmhouse, Marigold, etc.. I never buy HL as I find that it is not pure fresh milk.. There's added flavouring, that's why there's a vanilla taste to it, and sweet too..

Tannie

Hi Mummies,
Can I actually mix cold water with anmum materna cause I don't like drinking hot milk or should I make it hot and leave it in the freezer???
Now sure if u can mix with cold water cause the instruction is boiled drinking water... But for Similac u can mix with cold water and nestle nan mum hv to mix with water not more thn 45 degree due to the probiotic .

Tannie

Actually, I've never thought about this.. Have always taken fresh milk (full cream) for years and just continuing with it now.. Is that ok? I normally buy what is on offer, Farmhouse, Marigold, etc.. I never buy HL as I find that it is not pure fresh milk.. There's added flavouring, that's why there's a vanilla taste to it, and sweet too..
Lso long as u think u have enof nutrient, shld b fine. Having balanced diet is more impt.