Need recommendation

Angel9

Re: last minute replacement will she turn up???

i totally understand and agree! i rang up this person as well, and she is not what i expected at all.

mummies beware of the internet and forums claiming to have good CL to recommend. most testimonials - as i have found out the hard way - are FAKE!

Engaged this CL quite last min ard one mth before my EDD in mid may. Was desperate to find one so I look here for recommendations and found this post. All was arranged and until I delivered last wk, we called her and was told she cannot make it due to husband got cancer... No offence but due to so many horror stories here it is hard to believe if it is true. Though she got us a replacement but she can only make it one wk after my delivery which is today. Now I'm worried that if this replacement will even turn up since it is a last min arrangement AFTER i delivered! The past week without a CL was terrible as i had a c sec wound and my mum couldnt cope with knees prob. I'm very upset and angry at somehow being informed at such last min no matter what reason she might have i think she could have inform me earlier. I shall wait and see if this replacement will turn up today at all as she had been uncontactable since last night :(

Re: last minute replacement will she turn up???

Hello!

I just had twins late February 2012 and engaged a super nanny! Her name is Ya Mei.

I am very thankful to have her as my confinement nanny and I highly recommend her. Ya Mei has been a great source of support and took good care of my needs as well as my babies. Do give Ya Mei a call if you want someone reliable to care for your babies and yourself. She's in high demand so it's best to book her early! Ya Mei: +60 16 612 3115

Have a wonderful confinement!

angeluv

i totally understand and agree! i rang up this person as well, and she is not what i expected at all.

mummies beware of the internet and forums claiming to have good CL to recommend. most testimonials - as i have found out the hard way - are FAKE!

Engaged this CL quite last min ard one mth before my EDD in mid may. Was desperate to find one so I look here for recommendations and found this post. All was arranged and until I delivered last wk, we called her and was told she cannot make it due to husband got cancer... No offence but due to so many horror stories here it is hard to believe if it is true. Though she got us a replacement but she can only make it one wk after my delivery which is today. Now I'm worried that if this replacement will even turn up since it is a last min arrangement AFTER i delivered! The past week without a CL was terrible as i had a c sec wound and my mum couldnt cope with knees prob. I'm very upset and angry at somehow being informed at such last min no matter what reason she might have i think she could have inform me earlier. I shall wait and see if this replacement will turn up today at all as she had been uncontactable since last night :(
Hi Angel9,

I've already delivered on 9May! All the best to you a hope you have a smooth delivery :)
Did the CL actually start work for you? Can you elaborate why she is not as expected? My mum was doing the liaising with her and actually met up with her in person and she seem nice and even told her her daughter is studying in Singapore one of the polytechnic and also gave her her sons contact no.
Anyway the replacement CL is here but she is unfriendly, rude and impatient. So far she took care of bb ok but can't stand her attitude and cannot imagine I got to bear with her for a month. She sleeps with door closed and bb is with her I don't feel comfortable. Thinking of changing CL but don't know where to find a good one that is available now! Anyone can help?!! Should I even continue looking here for recommendations or where else?

Angel9

hi angeluv, i PM you the details of the ladies i will be using for my confinement starting next week. they seem very nice... you could try them... they do not advertise anywhere so they might still have CL available as they are more flexible... let me know if you do engage them!

Has anyone used CL from A-team amah and cleaners?
it says on website prices are $3500 for live-in CL...
Website looks professional and good testimonials but its really hard to place trust on the web these days!

Mummibaby

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

Ive known a confinement lady too she not bad quite modern and she caters the food u wanted for its better than u cater from those catering services can't change last min. But need to book 3-6 mths in advance .

Mummibaby

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

Hi baby Eskimo when ur edd? Still looking for CL? The one I recommend is not bad modern n the food is good.not too sure she stay w u anot but she caters the food to u n can help out to clean up .price okie too

Angel9

anyone looking for good confinement nanny, let me know. i am not an agent and don't make a single cent from recommendations. just sick of agencies liek PEM ripping people of. good luck, dragon babies!

My edd is end aug. I've also found a confinement lady through some forum recommendations. This lady that I have booked refuse to come and meet me. In feb when I called her, she say she will be out in March to Singapore and will call me when she's out then to meet. I waited till April, she didn't contact me. I gave her a call and she told me that her client gave birth earlier and so she was out before March. I don't understand why she couldn't contact me then. Anyway, she said she be out again in end May. This time round, I had trouble contacting her. When I finally did get her, she say she's not in Singapore and request to meet me only in middle of August. I told her what if I gave birth before end August? Then she bobian say meet me end July. I don't trust her anymore. My hubby also asked me to source another one. So I need help. Wonder if any confinement lady is free end Aug? Thanks in advance!

Hello problemgal,

I too would lose trust if my confinement nanny was like the one you mentioned. Try contacting my nanny, Ya Mei. I had a wonderful stress-free confinement and it's all thanks to Ya Mei. Here's Ya Mei's contact: +60 16 612 3115.

mummyval

hi angeluv, i PM you the details of the ladies i will be using for my confinement starting next week. they seem very nice... you could try them... they do not advertise anywhere so they might still have CL available as they are more flexible... let me know if you do engage them!
Hi Angel9, could you PM me the details as well? thanks :)

mummyval

So far i still can't decide whether to go with agency or freelance? anybody had good reliable confinement ladies to recommend? it'll be a great help to me.

I didn't go with an agency as I wouldn't know if the nanny assigned to me is any good so I decided to go with a freelance nanny. The nanny I had was great! She was so good till I engaged her for 3 months to care for my twins. Her name is Ya Mei and is contactable at +60 16 612 3115.

mummyval

Hi WonderTwinPowers, what are her charges like? mine happens to fall on CNY 2013, so i think the charges will be sky high...

Hello mummy Val! Oh wow! A Chinese new year baby! How wonderful! :) I believe the rate will be higher than usual during chinese new year. I wouldn't be surprise if it's double the usual rate however it's worth every single cent. Most important is that you recuperate well and your child grows healthily.

I am not sure what her charges are like as twin rates is higher than single baby but I am certain it's within the market rate. From what I know of Ya Mei, she's not the kind to rip people off. Do give her call and you will then have a better idea.