EDD: August 2012

Yingver07

Wow they are willing to do it for you for free? My package does not include such scans - if I ask for them, I'm sure I'll have to pay extra so I figure I can live without it!!

Yah, my doc did the 5th month detailed scan for me himself instead of asking me to go TMC to do it.
Yeah coz they have the machine & say it's free so i go with it lo..why not right?

Hmm I think my baby has not turned. I'm feeling it mostly lower tummy central and lower tummy left. So I think she is still in breech position and has not turned. Will ask my gynae - he has never told me what the baby's position is.
I also felt the kicks and movement mostly in the lower abdomen. Last checkup, my gynae says baby still in breech position. Told me to prepare myself for cesarean if baby does not turn when full term. I hope she does turn by then.

Bertrande, me too! When my gynae and the nurses at the clinic told me this are her hands, her eyes, etc... I'm like where?! How to see? Hahaha! My clinic doesn't do 3D/4D scans and I was also thinking I can live with it.

Problemgal, try talking to her? I'll touch my belly button too and tell her that's the umbilical cord and I ask her not to play with it cos if not, the umbilical cord goes around her neck and I'll have to do C-sect! Praying hard too though my baby is already in position when I was in week 24-25.

bertrande

I also felt the kicks and movement mostly in the lower abdomen. Last checkup, my gynae says baby still in breech position. Told me to prepare myself for cesarean if baby does not turn when full term. I hope she does turn by then.
Hmm, I just realized, maybe the kicks that I think i'm feeling (haha I'm so lousy at this) are actually hiccups. If they are hiccups and it's at the lower part of my tummy, means my baby has turned. But never mind, I will know for sure tomorrow!!! I'm now reading articles about getting baby to turn. Looks like breaststroke may help...more swimming for me!! Actually, a baby can be delivered vaginally even if the baby is breeched right? I hope to avoid c-section and epidural as far as possible.

bertrande

haha perkyperky, I'll just pretend that I can see and go "oh ok, orh orh orh" when they point out the various parts. But it all looks so hazy to me. I can't wait to see the gynae tomorrow morning. Hopefully after tomorrow (29.5 weeks) he'll ask to see me every fortnight instead of every 4 weeks still!

You're not going for epidural? Wow! Means your pain threshold is great! I think I'll want epidural... My appointment is on Thurs! Seems like most of us have appointments this week! :D

zaclin29

I find that the machine from the clinics are not as good as the one at the hospital...
When I go to the clinic, I usually cant see anything too... like all look the same to me... haha...

But when I did the scan at NUH, it is very clear... like I can see the head, nose, legs, hands and even the thumb-up sign...
my hubby will usually "secretly" take a video of the scan... hehe... and we can see the whole thing from the video...

Agree that at current stage (wk29 scan), I cant see the whole thing in one screen.. the gynae have to take pic of different parts of the body.. she has grown so fast... :)

bertrande

You're not going for epidural? Wow! Means your pain threshold is great! I think I'll want epidural... My appointment is on Thurs! Seems like most of us have appointments this week! :D
Haha i HOPE not to...whether or not I can tahan, we will see!! But my husband is supportive either way. I'm thinking of hiring a doula to help give me the emotional support but i need to check with my gynae if he's ok with the extra person first...

Yingver07

perkyperky:656124 said:
I'm having my checkup now every once in 2 weeks.

zaclin29

zaclin, how many pictures do you get each time? I only get one picture every time and it's always the head hahaha

I used to get 2 pics of whole body (thats until wk20) ... but for the last scan, my gynae forgot to pass me the pic!!!
So I will get it from her next visit... but I saw her taking pic of the head + hand at wk29...

you mean from the beginning u only get a pic of the head?

bertrande

I used to get 2 pics of whole body (thats until wk20) ... but for the last scan, my gynae forgot to pass me the pic!!!
So I will get it from her next visit... but I saw her taking pic of the head + hand at wk29...

you mean from the beginning u only get a pic of the head?
In the beginning the baby quite small so can get 1 pic of EVERYTHING. Now, it's just head and shoulders. Cut off somewhere there depending on the baby's position haha.

MommyDioR

In the beginning the baby quite small so can get 1 pic of EVERYTHING. Now, it's just head and shoulders. Cut off somewhere there depending on the baby's position haha.
mine is only head now.. it can be also rather blur.. can't even see properly.. the gynae always says here is the heartbeat, kidney.. how to tell!!

Yingver07

MommyDioR:656164 said:
mine is only head now.. it can be also rather blur.. can't even see properly.. the gynae always says here is the heartbeat, kidney.. how to tell!!
My gynae will show heartbeat, head & body. Baby will grow ma of coz now can't see baby in a whole.