EDD July 2012

qiqi87

Hi mummies, my little prince have finally arrive at 4 July.. For me is I when appt doc check my cervical open 4-5cm n ask me stay in I rqt to go back but doc don allow.. Doc brust my water bag it took me 3hr to wait, 10min push baby come out

paul

Things to bring:

Identification card
Marriage Cert
Antenatal booklet (the booklet you bring for every checkup) or whatever hospital form
CAMERA
Handphone charger

Hairband, rubberband to tie your hair (My hair gets easily oily and it's damn gross to have oily hair in your face!)
Toothbrush, toothpaste, facial wash
Front opening clothes for easier breastfeeding
socks to keep your feet warm (i didn't bring)
jacket (i didn't bring)
slippers
Maternity pads (or the extra long pads for substitute. the blood flows like crazy for the first few days so this is very important!)
Disposable paper/cotton panties (just throw away after use, convenient!)
Shampoo & Soap (if you are intending to bathe. i did not bathe in the hospital)

Mittens
Towel/swaddle
1 set of bb clothes
(All depending if your hospital provides for bb or not)

For clothes, I wore back whatever that I wore to hospital on the day of delivery cos I changed before I went to hospital. Upon reaching hospital, they took my clothes and I was changed into the gown already. So my clothes can re-wear. Lol.

Most of the things I listed are based on what you need personally. AND there are ALOT of items which the hospital will provide you, so it's best to check with the hospital so that you don't bring too many things! For mine, KKH provided me with disposable paper panties and pads. I didn't bring socks and jacket, just cover myself with blanket and it's warm enough for me (i was in aircon ward). I didn't bring front opening clothes cos KKH provides hospital gowns. And I wear my slippers there. Lol... So for myself, I practically didn't have to bring anything at all lah. Don't forget to bring your cameras ahhhh! Take pictures of bb! ^^
For me, counting down to ML in 1 wk time and bb delivery to 2 wks time. I has 1 bag for Cordlife, 2 bags for myself (pyjamas and pads). Hesitating if to bring the breast pumps .... congrats to all those mummies who have delivered. -) Cant wait see bb

madangel

Don't worry mrsrayyan, have it as well.. N how much ever I do, feel something or other is left out :) don't think we will be ready even till baby arrives.. So slowly trying to think less about it..

All MTBs have arranged for CL? Anybody gonna do on their own?
im doing on my own not getting any CL

madangel

Hi mummies, my little prince have finally arrive at 4 July.. For me is I when appt doc check my cervical open 4-5cm n ask me stay in I rqt to go back but doc don allow.. Doc brust my water bag it took me 3hr to wait, 10min push baby come out
gratz qiqi87 =)

Oojo

Congrats qiqi87!!! Hope u both doing fine.. Take good rest!

Oojo

Don't worry mrsrayyan, have it as well.. N how much ever I do, feel something or other is left out :) don't think we will be ready even till baby arrives.. So slowly trying to think less about it..

All MTBs have arranged for CL? Anybody gonna do on their own?
im doing on my own not getting any CL
Me also doing on my own..

Mei2009, I intend to shower everyday as well.. Just to take care with hot water right?

madangel

baby cot finally arrive today!! super tired now... I'm starting my ML on wed but im thinking should i start on tues. cannot tahan walking around :(

engravedx

Madangel- omg finally arrive ah? 8 jul liao leh. That's such a crazy long delay!! Esp since u are alr nearing ur due date lor. At least it arrived..!

madangel

Madangel- omg finally arrive ah? 8 jul liao leh. That's such a crazy long delay!! Esp since u are alr

nearing ur due date lor. At least it arrived..!
Yeah.. wait like crazy keep telling my darling dun come out before that lolx... but hope my darling can come out this coming fri :)

F0r th0Se wh0 g0nna deliver at TMC.. d0nt 0verpack ur bagS.. aS ive 0verpack & m0Stly thingS i bring never uSed...
In TMC, they will pr0vide
-DiSp0Sable undieS
-Maternity l00pS
-Baby cl0thing
-t0iletrieS(t00thbruSh,c0mb,t/paSte,Shamp00,b0dyS0ap)
u can bring ur breaSt pump if u intend t0 BF.. c0z they d0 rent there.. & it c0St $35p/day...
AdviSable, t0 bring jacket & S0ckS aS itS quite c0ld at Nite..
U can wear ur 0wn g0wn 0r niteyS.. preferable fr0nt butt0n aS itS eaSy t0 breaStfeed.. :D
H0pe thiS helpS...

C0z the 1St day.. when bb waS given t0 me f0r feeding.. the lactati0n came.. t0 aSSiSt me in BF.. & Sh0w the pr0per way t0 latch the bb.. but bb d0eSnt latch.. mayB due t0 my Sh0rt nipple.. S0 im abit depreSSed & get the nurSe t0 give her FM... S0 any1 wh0 iS n0t patience like me.. adviSable t0 bring breaStpump... hehe..

mei2009

Wow, sounds really fast! Congrats!! :)

mei2009

Me also doing on my own..

Mei2009, I intend to shower everyday as well.. Just to take care with hot water right?
Yup, just take hot shower and dry hair asap. I bought confinement shower gel as a compromise with the elders. Also bought no rinse shampoo in case I'm too tired to stand long in the shower - have long hair and no intention to cut. But think I'll go layer it tomorrow...

Jenni

Mummies going Mt A, u can bring:

Pajamas
Pad
Disposal undies
Baby clothing
Married cert

If u wan pump out, they provide bottle too but Donno need to pay or not coz I jus use latch on when in hospital, I don care got milk or not jus latch baby and top up with formula milk...

They provide toiletries so u don need to bring...

Mummies which not deliver yet, may be u wan try nipple stimulate it help to dilate, that's what I search frm Internet abt induce naturally... I try before and really do feel tighten of stomach... I try to use breast pump to stimulate or other ways, maybe u can try search frm Internet or YouTube...

Oojo

FM not free in Kkh.. When I went for tour, they told I think $8 or smthing.. As they say pro-bf..

Jenni- thanks for info.. :)