EDD Oct 2012 Mummies

Addee

My edd 9/11 of oct. my boss advise to take on 1st oct as it is Monday oso,so easier to calculate. Actually I wanted to start only when I give birth, but my 2 boss both male scare can't help me if suddenly half way working want to give birth. Hahaha. Hopefully baby comes out like a few days after I start ML so that I can rest a lil.
My EDD is on the 8th. Also planing to take my ML from 1st Oct.

kwokm

First time mom can take it slow. Coz the earlier u get to hospital they may put u on drip to induce you thus causing longer labour = prolong labour pain. Try timing your contractions to estimate when you are ready then go hospital.
http://www.birth.com.au/Physical-signs-of-prelabour/Differences-between-prelabour-contractions-and-first-stage-labour

CherieSyd

Hello! Which hospital r u going to give birth? My pregnancy so far so good other than my torturous slumber. Cos I sleep at ard 11pm-12am and get up between 9am-11am. I've constipation issue throughout my pregnancy and this week, almost every night, 1-2hrs after I fall asleep, I will have stomachache & have to get up and poo in the middle of my sleep. After which continue to turn & toss + toilet run till 5am then I will have my peaceful slumber. Baby keep kicking actively during this period as well. I'm thinking should I tune my bio clock to suit baby timing. I tried sleeping at 4am but I will get up at 8-9am. Other than sleeping problem, I feel tired very easily cos of my heavy tummy. I need to use both my palm to hold my tummy when I walk thats why I keep turning and tossing at night due to my heavy tummy...

How about you so far? Getting excited??
I'll be going to Mt E. how about yourself? Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems. I had sleepless night for 3-4 days and I guess my body got tired enough after that that I managed to get some good sleep in. As for the toilet break I guess I am used to it as I used to wake up ever hr when I used to work ( very stressed from work then ). Quite annoying I know. At least now I only wake 2-3 times . That is an improvement ! I do tend to get sore arms as I sleep on my side and yes she tends to kick very strongly when I turned to fast.

Haha, I thought I was the only one that hold her belly when walking ! Told my husband they need to invent a belly wheel to help us move around with the heavy tummy ;).

Evaling

Thanks.. i just hope when the day come i wont scream out and lose all the confidence.. hahhaha.. talking about and experiencing it i think is a totally different thing.. but i really hope the water wont break while i'm on the train, that one i think i will be panic too..

My colleague told me that when her friend's water broke at home around 2am, she still can go back to sleep, woke up again at 5am, bathe and prepare the documents and everything to go hosp, wake up the hubby, and go out of the house around 7am. not to hosp yet, but they went out to go eat prata!! Then go hosp at 9am, an hour later deliver.. lolz. and yes, she was first timer too.. hahahhaha..

POWER! But my doc say once my waterbag break, I must immediately admit hospital though..

Evaling

I'll be going to Mt E. how about yourself? Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems. I had sleepless night for 3-4 days and I guess my body got tired enough after that that I managed to get some good sleep in. As for the toilet break I guess I am used to it as I used to wake up ever hr when I used to work ( very stressed from work then ). Quite annoying I know. At least now I only wake 2-3 times . That is an improvement ! I do tend to get sore arms as I sleep on my side and yes she tends to kick very strongly when I turned to fast.

Haha, I thought I was the only one that hold her belly when walking ! Told my husband they need to invent a belly wheel to help us move around with the heavy tummy ;).
Ya carrying a ball infront which constantly increasing the weight of the ball is not fun at all. This few days he being kicking my internal organ so hard that I can feel sharp pain on and off & sometimes he just hide at my lower abdominal which compresses my bladder, making me go for toilet runs even more often & my pee is like a bit only-.- Laughs. My tummy very heavy~

POWER! But my doc say once my waterbag break, I must immediately admit hospital though..
Yup safer to go hosp straight away in case u have any complications that you might not feel or know of.

I wont think i follow her steps anyway, but i just hope it can make u all less nervous when your water breaks and able to think logically instead of being in panic..

I'm also first time mom, i also hope after sharing this i wont panic myself when it happens.. lolz..

good luck to all of us!!!!!

Addee

Tummy not only feeling heavy, it's so stretch that feel like bursting and also very itchy. I apply oil more than 4 times a day still itchy. So scared will have stretch mark

Evaling

Tummy not only feeling heavy, it's so stretch that feel like bursting and also very itchy. I apply oil more than 4 times a day still itchy. So scared will have stretch mark
Talk about stretch marks. I never apply bio oil every day but I apply quite often 2months back. lol. I apply my breast, tummy, love handler, thigh & guess what. Last week I realize my ass got stretch marks! Grow at my ass where I didn't apply-.- Damn depressed about it though it is only about 10 over plus strand of 1.5cm stretch marks but I'm so stress about it. Can't blame though cause my ass & thigh keep itch at night when I'm sleeping so I keep stretching it when I'm half awake-.- I HATE STRETCH MARKS!

Yeah! cot bumper.. I think must be extra careful see the baby does not sleep one side to prevent the baby from suffocating from the bumper.

Include cot bumper?
Alot of baby website comment that bumper is dangerous for babies, so I hesitated to get bedding set.
Currently just bought bed sheets only at S$13 each.

Sigh.. u must never never scratch.. as previously i have sensitive skin thus when i pregnant i will suffer from rashes but wat trigger my first pregnancy rashes was i used palmer's stretchmark cream and then the itch start, and in the end my stretch mark is very very very very ugly, until when i give birth.. around half a year later, the stretch marks colours lighten to skin colour with the help of evening primrose oil... and my this second pregnancy i never even apply any cream (fear of repeat history) but i got the rashes on my thighs and lower legs... and i went to see the dermalogists straight and luckily stop but the mark is still there and it will go away after giving birth...

PeiPei A

Talk about stretch marks. I never apply bio oil every day but I apply quite often 2months back. lol. I apply my breast, tummy, love handler, thigh & guess what. Last week I realize my ass got stretch marks! Grow at my ass where I didn't apply-.- Damn depressed about it though it is only about 10 over plus strand of 1.5cm stretch marks but I'm so stress about it. Can't blame though cause my ass & thigh keep itch at night when I'm sleeping so I keep stretching it when I'm half awake-.- I HATE STRETCH MARKS!
I got stretch marks on my buttock too.. lol.. I tot that area shld hv enough fats to expand so didn't apply the cream initally.
Since I noticed, I apply everyday but too late, it never got better :(

PeiPei A

Yeah! cot bumper.. I think must be extra careful see the baby does not sleep one side to prevent the baby from suffocating from the bumper.
Based on your experience, do you think cot bumper is necessary?
If so, I'm considering to get a breathable bumper which I think I saw smwhere selling at $30-40++

Evaling

I got stretch marks on my buttock too.. lol.. I tot that area shld hv enough fats to expand so didn't apply the cream initally.
Since I noticed, I apply everyday but too late, it never got better :(
=( I left 12more weeks. I think I'll apply everyday man...
Anyway breathable bumper is necessary? I got a mat with 2 bolster on the side to prevent baby from turning around instead.

Yes, because i scare the baby move so much will knock the fragile head or put the hands outside the cot.. So i afraid accidents might happen..

When i bring my daughter back from hospital, after a week later.. when we put her to sleep, she can wriggle herself and you will find her head facing the opposite directions after the next fed. Scare the hell out of me!... but luckily i put the bumper and i also did check on her head, legs and face to see if she gt any bruises..

If so, I'm considering to get a breathable bumper which I think I saw smwhere selling at $30-40++

PeiPei A

Yes, because i scare the baby move so much will knock the fragile head or put the hands outside the cot.. So i afraid accidents might happen..

When i bring my daughter back from hospital, after a week later.. when we put her to sleep, she can wriggle herself and you will find her head facing the opposite directions after the next fed. Scare the hell out of me!... but luckily i put the bumper and i also did check on her head, legs and face to see if she gt any bruises..
Scary.. then I must go buy it.

BTW, did you swaddle your baby? I read that it's good to swaddle.
And I guess if swaddled can't move around - safer? hehe :p

hubby mentioned that those type wont be much help.. i'm not sure though.. i intended to buy too, but hubby like so sure with his thoughts.. so i didnt buy..

Scary.. then I must go buy it.

BTW, did you swaddle your baby? I read that it's good to swaddle.
And I guess if swaddled can't move around - safer? hehe :p

I think swaddling is good for like the first 2-3 weeks maybe? Just to make the baby sleep better because newborns normally can get shocked or surprised during their sleep by their moving arms and legs which is not intentionally then they will woke up and cried. i think after few weeks ur baby will be stronger and can move out the arms out of the swaddling blanket. this is what happen to my friend and what my mum said too..