Edd march 2012

xiaodaisy

any mummies here start feeding babies puree already?
My PD said can start feeding rice powder/cereal after 4 mths, so i started after their 5th mth injections.
So far, they have eaten rice powder, blended porridge, sweet potato and currently pumpkin...wonder what can i make next?
actually tot of making vege puree like broccoli, but don't know y my mil said broccoli wait they older even tho internet says ok...>.<
i started on 4 mths .. broccoli might taste not good if its alone by itself , the grassy grassy taste and was said will cause wind in baby's tummy so observe after letting baby try =)

can give some fruits puree .. =)

my girl now at 6mths eats everything well , cos she knows how to chew n self feed (end up with messy floor and clothes lol)

hayashi43

i started on 4 mths .. broccoli might taste not good if its alone by itself , the grassy grassy taste and was said will cause wind in baby's tummy so observe after letting baby try =)

can give some fruits puree .. =)

my girl now at 6mths eats everything well , cos she knows how to chew n self feed (end up with messy floor and clothes lol)
hey xiaodaisy, so for broccoli, how did u feed ur bb? cook it with other ingredient?

i started on brown rice, then oatmeal and now on carrots. u can make peas, pears, avocado, carrots? i read that its better to start with yellow veg then greens. broccoli n spinach taste slighly stronger so advice to start later i think
Hi Stay, for e brown rice, did u further blend it? i also read that avocado is gd just that myself dont like to eat...haha
ya, thinking of carrot too...for e peas, do u buy those frozen pack?

Stay

hey xiaodaisy, so for broccoli, how did u feed ur bb? cook it with other ingredient?

Hi Stay, for e brown rice, did u further blend it? i also read that avocado is gd just that myself dont like to eat...haha
ya, thinking of carrot too...for e peas, do u buy those frozen pack?
Hihi, i didnt blend it. just add to bm will do. i dun eat carrots but my kid was ok with it. haha! i dun take avocado too but i think it will be good for him. haven gotten peas but i dun intend to buy frozen ones. coz im already going to freeze it after making into puree, dun feel its good to freeze again...

leesc

Hihi, i didnt blend it. just add to bm will do. i dun eat carrots but my kid was ok with it. haha! i dun take avocado too but i think it will be good for him. haven gotten peas but i dun intend to buy frozen ones. coz im already going to freeze it after making into puree, dun feel its good to freeze again...
Hi, did u feed ur boy everyday? My girl has just started rice cereal since 5mths. N I just fed her twice a week in the morning. I can feed her everyday? n introduce her fruits now at her 5mths?

Hi, did u feed ur boy everyday? My girl has just started rice cereal since 5mths. N I just fed her twice a week in the morning. I can feed her everyday? n introduce her fruits now at her 5mths?
I feed daily two times when girl turns 5 months. Pd told me that research says starting at 4 months can reduce the number of food allergies. But there's so many school of thoughts out there. For me, I see my girl can sit upright and hold head strongly and also can't sit still when I'm eating. So morning 11am, rice cereal (alt white and brown daily) and afternoon advocado. I introduced advocado only after I see she's taking her cereals well. She gets very excited when she sees her waterproof bib.

Oh by the way, does anybody knows where to get full body apron for a baby? I find that bib still very messy.

hayashi43

I feed daily two times when girl turns 5 months. Pd told me that research says starting at 4 months can reduce the number of food allergies. But there's so many school of thoughts out there. For me, I see my girl can sit upright and hold head strongly and also can't sit still when I'm eating. So morning 11am, rice cereal (alt white and brown daily) and afternoon advocado. I introduced advocado only after I see she's taking her cereals well. She gets very excited when she sees her waterproof bib.

Oh by the way, does anybody knows where to get full body apron for a baby? I find that bib still very messy.
haha ya, ever since i started feeding my boys food, nowadays whenever they see us eating, they will keep staring, more like they are wondering how come our food look so much nicer...=P

haha ya, ever since i started feeding my boys food, nowadays whenever they see us eating, they will keep staring, more like they are wondering how come our food look so much nicer...=P
That astonished and I-want-to-eat-whatever-you-ate-eating look is soooo cute. Hee.. Melts all hearts. :)

Stay

I fed Once everyday for a week before moving on to the next type of cereal. Then when I started on carrot, I shifted the cereal feed to the evening. So that's 2 solids a day now.

Wai Tze

Hi WaivTse, are you referring to the Gentle Skin cleanser or the Restoraderm skin restoring body wash? Are both rinse formula?
Gentle cleanser for face and body. It's soap less. Usually I'll put 2-3 pumps into the tub and wash like that. No need to rinse off.

katsg

Wow, seems like many of you have started on semi-solid food for bb already. Haha...:D So are you guys going to move on to Stage 2 follow-on formula soon or intend to use Stage 1 until one year old? ;)

Stay

Wow, seems like many of you have started on semi-solid food for bb already. Haha...:D So are you guys going to move on to Stage 2 follow-on formula soon or intend to use Stage 1 until one year old? ;)
Mine is still on bm but will start with stage 2 when I introduce fm

hayashi43

my boys will turn 6 mths in 10 days, my mil told me to slowly mix with stage 2 fm so they hv time to slowly adapt to it

katsg

my boys will turn 6 mths in 10 days, my mil told me to slowly mix with stage 2 fm so they hv time to slowly adapt to it
But I think if you are using back the same brand should be okay. No need to mix them unless you are going to switch to another brand for Stage 2. By the way, what brand of FM you are getting for them? :)

hayashi43

But I think if you are using back the same brand should be okay. No need to mix them unless you are going to switch to another brand for Stage 2. By the way, what brand of FM you are getting for them? :)

currently they are taking mamil gold, so intend to let them just try mamil gold stage 2 directly, partly also becos mamil gold sales agent sent us 2 bottles to try...haha
i also have a friso stage 2 worr....which is better out of this 2 brands?

katsg

currently they are taking mamil gold, so intend to let them just try mamil gold stage 2 directly, partly also becos mamil gold sales agent sent us 2 bottles to try...haha
i also have a friso stage 2 worr....which is better out of this 2 brands?
Currently, Friso milk powder seems to contain black particles. They have sent my tin for investigation. Until now, haven't give me a reply yet on the lab test results. But when I compare the vitamins between these 2 brands, Mamil Gold seems to be better than Friso...with the new advanced formula, Mamil Gold now is quite competitive vs the other brands...:)

Last edited:

leesc

I fed Once everyday for a week before moving on to the next type of cereal. Then when I started on carrot, I shifted the cereal feed to the evening. So that's 2 solids a day now.
Oh ic. Thx Stay! think I'll feed daily when she is 6mths. :)

leesc

Oh yes.. I'm gonna introduce avocado to her too. Thx ya!!!