Edd march 2012

Stay

Yah.. She indeed is gaining weight. ^^

Tml she is turning to 6 mths. These few days I fed her 1 tablespoon rice cereal with 40mls bm. Only can last her fr an hour. After that she will ask fr milk.

Should I replace her milk to full cereal or porridge during her feeding time? N how?
Based on what I read, milk should still be the main feed until 1yr old. Solids should be complimentary n not as replacement. So I will still give milk followed by solids.

katsg

she's a terror =( at 3mths, she sit by herself, now 6mths , she's cruising .. a big headache for me ah! hyper active , not a moment of peace lol

could it be teething ?
Wow, last time heard from you that she sleeps most of the time. Now become hyper active liao ah? @@

Ya, there are 2 teeth sprouting out from the lower jaw...:)

katsg

Based on what I read, milk should still be the main feed until 1yr old. Solids should be complimentary n not as replacement. So I will still give milk followed by solids.
So how many feeds of milk do you give your baby daily? If not using solid to replace a milk feed, wouldn't the baby feel very full??? Do you mean if previously bb is on 4 feedings of milk daily, after starting on solids, they shd still be given 4 feedings of milk per day while inserting the solids in between milk feeds?

Last edited:

Stay

So how many feeds of milk do you give your baby daily? If not using solid to replace a milk feed, wouldn't the baby feel very full??? Do you mean if previously bb is on 4 feedings of milk daily, after starting on solids, they shd still be given 4 feedings of milk per day while inserting the solids in between milk feeds?
Used to be 5 feeds before solids. After solids were established, he slowly cut off the last night feed. So now it's 4 feeds with 2 solids in between. I keep the amount of milk constant except for the morning solid feed where I reduced by one oz.

katsg

Used to be 5 feeds before solids. After solids were established, he slowly cut off the last night feed. So now it's 4 feeds with 2 solids in between. I keep the amount of milk constant except for the morning solid feed where I reduced by one oz.
So after feeding solid, you waited for how long before feeding milk again? My bb last time dun use to split out milk but now it seems he starts to split out milk after I started him with about a tablespoon of cereal daily. Wonder is he too full?

sherin86

didnt get it cos she's sitting well by herself on floor or sofa so i just feed her like that =)

Daisy Tay | Facebook

add me up =)

the purpose of feeding solid is to teach them how to eat fm spon , so better to spoon feed den adding to bottle cos elder ppl sometimes lazy slowly feed so they just add in bottle n feed them .. my mom used to did it when she look after my boys last time lol ..

yes , i will start feed water after starting semi solid but not much still , just a few tea spoon cos i usually latch her after that =)
added u le.. ;D

katsg

By the way, does ur bb rejects milk after tasting the sweetness of fruits purees? I wonder if bb will reject milk after tasting sweet stuffs?

Stay

So after feeding solid, you waited for how long before feeding milk again? My bb last time dun use to split out milk but now it seems he starts to split out milk after I started him with about a tablespoon of cereal daily. Wonder is he too full?
I feed immediately. If ur bb regurgitates, then u might need to reduce the milk intake. How much are u feeding him now?

katsg

I feed immediately. If ur bb regurgitates, then u might need to reduce the milk intake. How much are u feeding him now?
Oh I see...I am feeding him total amt of 210ml. I let him digest for about an hour or so before I feed milk again. Today I tried to burp him after feeding water to him after the cereal and now he didn't split out milk. Predict could be due to the air that he had taken in when feeding him water. Will continue to monitor till end of the day...if still split, then will reduce the amt of milk after the cereal feed...

katsg

Does any of ur bb pass out solid stools after starting on cereals and porridge? My bb seem to pass out a small round stool this morning...@@

katsg

Mummies, do you shorten the duration of milk feeds once ur bb starts on cereal? Like for eg if previously the timing is every 4hr now shorten to every 3hrs? If not seems not able to fit in 4 milk feeds per day with the solids in between lei...