EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Alamak didn't finish my MSG n accidentally post.

I usually keep in fridge becos one time express is not enough to feed baby so usually I will pool twice then feed him. Warm up usually less than 5 min but yah it's troublesome to warm up when baby is yelling his head off. I'm trying to set alarm clock so I will wake up before he does so I can prepare all these stuff but somehow it's hard to wake up!!

Ladynana, nuk teat don't fit Avent becos nuk is slim bottle n Avent is wide neck

nature59

Hi mummies, anyone using the philip Avent steam sterilizer? Do you find that the metal part of water reservoir turns brown easily?

nature59

Hi mummies, how long does your bb take to finish his milk from bottle? mine is taking 45 mins and I'm wondering if the hole in the teats is too small. I'm using NUK ones..

Hi Bzhai mummy

My hand knuckles is very aching whole day especially morning wake up..but till now 3rd week after birth Liao..still didn't get better..very worry abt rhumetisim..anyone know when will it recover? My gyane say its water retention..maybe 1mth.

Thanks

B zhai

Hi nature, ya I hv same prob w avert sterilizer. It's starting to rust!!! Hv to wipe dry end of day.

Hi Barneybaby, dont think it's rheumatism!! Don't worry it will slowly go off... :) did u do post natal massage. I ask the Malay auntie to massage more on those problem areas.

Hi B zhai

i did the Malay massage areadi..the auntie got help me rub the knuckles abit..hope it goes away. Ur one recover areadi?

Hi all
can check if u all put the baby cot in ur room to sleep with u or sleep with CL at nite? If bb sleep with me in a room n CL sleep herself in another room..how CL look after bb at nite? Will it be troublesome? Anyone look after bb at nite n CL look after in day? My CL keep dozing when feeding bb at nite so I wan to take care of bb at nite. CL still hv 3 weeks to stay with me..I ask her for 6weeks last time.

Hi SGNZ, oh dear how can the NZ midwife throw the bb to your without helping. I hope u r better now.
Thank you for ur encouragement , I'm better now but still trying to adapt. Please take care SGNZ , handling bb alone is really tough but u will be stronger than anyone of us here , I feel really useless after hearing ur story . I will stay strong n try my best. Nothing can be done if u never try so let's work hard together.
Congrats Cindy.

Hi Wobblymummy,

I understand how you feel, I have not share with all of you my experience in the NZ hospital as I been crying for days ever since I was there. I was being thrown into deep end because over here, they leave baby with the mum 24/7 the minute baby was born. My husband was with me from morning till night 10.30pm everyday so he can help me out. But even that, it was quite tiring as we need to look after the baby ourselves(feeding, change nappy etc) and when baby cry, we ring the nurse(so -called midwife), they will just come in and see what you need or help a bit and leave the room again. And at night, once my husband left, I was by my own looking after the baby all the way till next day when my hubby arrive. I had sleepless night for 4 nights because the midwife did not even help me to look after the baby and give me time to rest. I never felt so tired in my life and also I had no idea why baby was crying, I was going through the breastfeeding process for the first few days where only little colostrum. Nipples was sored and baby constantly crying and over here, they heavily promoting breastfeeding here and discourage formula unless we insist. And silly me, without experience, not realizing baby was hungry as I trusted them and did ask them whether baby need to top up formula since he keep crying, they say is normal. Then on the 3rd day, due to malnutrition, baby was diagnos with jaundice and I was really angry. But I can't do anything and I really want to go home badly as I was so tired , my back is breaking imagine I had to change nappy , fed the baby, calm him down and most nights, I was running around continuously for 3-4 hours without even had the time to sit down or lie down. Plus I had a c-section. Luckily, my wound was good and i hardly felt any pain otherwise I can't imagine looking after the baby. And I can't discharge earlybecause baby was under the UV light treatment hence i need to stay and look after him. And guess what, I need to look after the baby myself again under the light making sure he is lying there and covering his eyes. So I had another sleepless night.

So that was the tramautising part of the first 5 days.Currently at home, everytime when baby is very unsettles like this few days and it seem that I am not able to burp him very well, that might also cause him to feel uncomfortable. And I felt very useless at time, as I do feel overwhelming and helpless I guess from the experience I been through even from day 1. Conversely, my hubby is very good and calm at handling the baby, so whenever hubby not around, I had to handle baby by myself and he is not settle, I get panic and nervous. So imagine for us, we are so on our own, so wobblymummy, not to worry so much as we all face the same.

Hi Teriwinkle

i heard from frens that breast milk can leave outside for 4hrs only but I oso read in a website that say only 1hr after u warm breast milk n oso hv fren that stick to 1 hr method. But I stick to 4hrs method now. actually i feel unsafe though i use 4 hrs method as think 4hrs quite long.

SGNZ

Hi Katherine,

Yes, i do but my hubby say because we did not clean the bottle properly. But we use soapy water to wash first ,now is better.

joasiss

nature59:725164 said:
Hi mummies, how long does your bb take to finish his milk from bottle? mine is taking 45 mins and I'm wondering if the hole in the teats is too small. I'm using NUK ones..
About half an hour for mine. Sometimes when he stops for too long, we tap or pull out the bottle and he will start sucking.

B zhai

Hi Barneybaby, I'm 2 wks after birth. Last night one of the finger still very pain. Wake up at night n crack n fold the fingers to aggravate the pain but morning will be better. It shd go away soon!

Hi B zhai

hope the fingers get better..in fact, I think my whole body ache too. :$

anyone has cl but bb sleep with u instead of cl at nite? Will it be disturbing to us as at nite, cl will hv to come in n change diaper, etc? But my cl keep dozing when feeding..so very worried. Thought of looking after bb at nite..is it gd idea? Cl still hv 3 weeks with me.

Thanks. :)

nature59

nature59:725164 said:
About half an hour for mine. Sometimes when he stops for too long, we tap or pull out the bottle and he will start sucking.
Hi Joassis, which teat are you using?

SGNZ

Hi SGNZ, oh dear how can the NZ midwife throw the bb to your without helping. I hope u r better now.
Thank you for ur encouragement , I'm better now but still trying to adapt. Please take care SGNZ , handling bb alone is really tough but u will be stronger than anyone of us here , I feel really useless after hearing ur story . I will stay strong n try my best. Nothing can be done if u never try so let's work hard together.
Hi Wobblymummy, I think for first 3 months is the hardest usually people say. Let's jiayou together as we all are going through together. There are times I guess we will lost it so I guess the support we giving to one another is quite important. As long as we know our baby is healthy, and we are still learning to understand and handle the baby, we will get there.

Hang in there SGNZ...

many hugs from mothers here - its tough being a new mom, let alone in a foreign country without support... we are always here for you for emotional support.

I am supplementing with fm as my bm is not enough. I only pump every 5-8 hours as I am too busy and tired honestly as baby need to feed every 3 hours. And at time he wake up at 1-2 hours want to suck something, so I just give water. I think if I pump more regularly like you, will have more healthy supply of milk. Currently, I only manage to give about 2-3 bm to baby and rest with fm due to the frequency and supply of my bm.