EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Hi Barneybaby, I'm 2 wks after birth. Last night one of the finger still very pain. Wake up at night n crack n fold the fingers to aggravate the pain but morning will be better. It shd go away soon!
Remember dun Washburn hand with running water, all water must be boiled. N dun blow fan directly. Even air con.

B zhai

I nv follow confinement strictly. I wash my own socks n undergarments. Even went out 3 times! Hoho! So naughty hor. Every night I sleep in aircon too.

Hi all

anyone giving pacifier to 3 weeks old bb areadi? My cl ask me to give now..I saw bb start to nibble her own mouth too..or is it too early to start? Thanks :)

Hi Wobblymummy

i uses boiled water..tks so much. :)

but I actually thinking should I blow fan on wall or should I on aircon? Some say aircon gd, some say aircon bad. :)

i keep sweating... :)

nature59

Hi all

anyone giving pacifier to 3 weeks old bb areadi? My cl ask me to give now..I saw bb start to nibble her own mouth too..or is it too early to start? Thanks :)
I did! To stop bb from crying and to delay till his feeding time. He din like it tho. so its not very helpful.Haha

nature59

Hi Wobblymummy

i uses boiled water..tks so much. :)

but I actually thinking should I blow fan on wall or should I on aircon? Some say aircon gd, some say aircon bad. :)

i keep sweating... :)
Fan directing to you is no no so aircon is better. I've been sleeping in air con.. hehe

GG2012

My baby gal also...dun like it..but I use it sometimes to prevent she eats too much @@ She always like to drink some more to fall asleep...

joasiss

B zhai:725390 said:
Hi Barneybaby, I'm 2 wks after birth. Last night one of the finger still very pain. Wake up at night n crack n fold the fingers to aggravate the pain but morning will be better. It shd go away soon!
My pain came only 2 weeks after giving birth. Its getting worse now. I thought it was because i kept washing hands.

joasiss

nature59:725154 said:
Hi mummies, anyone using the philip Avent steam sterilizer? Do you find that the metal part of water reservoir turns brown easily?
Mine does too. Im thinking of using boiling water to sterilize the bottles since the brown colour has to be something contaminating..
Anyone using a brand of steamer that doesn't have the brown residue?

joasiss

nature59:725402 said:
nature59:725164 said:
Hi mummies, how long does your bb take to finish his milk from bottle? mine is taking 45 mins and I'm wondering if the hole in the teats is too small. I'm using NUK ones..
About half an hour for mine. Sometimes when he stops for too long, we tap or pull out the bottle and he will start sucking.
Hi Joassis, which teat are you using?
Using avent

joasiss

barneybaby:725513 said:
Hi all

I started giving around 3 weeks when he started making noise in between feeds. He seems to enjoy it and really helps to reduce crying.

My boy started feeding every 2 hrs on 90ml of milk. Sometimes fm can last until 2.5 to 3 hrs. Day time is tiring because not much time to rest and I'm trying to reestablish my 3 hrs pumping which is really tough. Also been disobeying my confinement rules recently. Started wearing shorts during the day, too hot to be true n also bathing with herbs once every 3 days with shampooing of hair as well otherwise hair too smelly, cannot take it. I'll probably order confinement catering after this month to continue with the bu and also to make life easier for myself when taking care of baby alone

teriwinkle

After hearing what you said, I place my ebm in the fridge straight after pump lol.

barneybaby:725311 said:
Hi Teriwinkle

i heard from frens that breast milk can leave outside for 4hrs only but I oso read in a website that say only 1hr after u warm breast milk n oso hv fren that stick to 1 hr method. But I stick to 4hrs method now. actually i feel unsafe though i use 4 hrs method as think 4hrs quite long.

teriwinkle

Same here, in my 3rd week I started going out and ate Macs and roti prata lol. Even slurped a bit of cold water. And I touched tap water too coz hubby is overwhelmed with washing and I wanted to help him ease the load a bit.

B zhai:725511 said:
I nv follow confinement strictly. I wash my own socks n undergarments. Even went out 3 times! Hoho! So naughty hor. Every night I sleep in aircon too.

teriwinkle

I already gave my girl pacifier when she was in her first weeK. Coz cried nonstop and we didn't know what to do then. Lol.

barneybaby:725513 said:
Hi all

teriwinkle

Hi Nature, sucking milk bottle in 45mins is quite long. Mine took around 20mins, I'm using pigeon. Did you make sure your boy continue to suckle the nipple and not stop for some time?