EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

mine quite often too, maybe 3 times in 2 days..? usually after he fusses and is annoyed then the hiccups come on. i usually then just latch him on n it hiccups stop in a minute or so

but its ok for baby to hiccups - its does not affect them adversely or so. apparently water doesn't help. so many differing thoughts!

Does ur babies hiccup often? My baby hiccups very often. Almost after every feed or 2 feeds. Cl ask me give water. How do u
Solve hiccups? :)

my boy had green watery poo twice in a month so far. his poo is always watery-ish though so its just the colour thats different. apparently its ok - might be something mother ate and gets absorbed in breast milk

Katherine, the other time you were saying green watery poo is ok right?

teriwinkle

But her green watery poo happens everytime she poops, not sure if she got a shock or sth, that's what my mum said.

babyeskimo:730458 said:
my boy had green watery poo twice in a month so far. his poo is always watery-ish though so its just the colour thats different. apparently its ok - might be something mother ate and gets absorbed in breast milk

Katherine, the other time you were saying green watery poo is ok right?

GG2012

Hi all, jus went to baby doctor yesterday cos he has been having whizzing sound at night when he sleeps . I realize it becos of the phlegm in his throat so brought him to see doctor. Dr said that we must burp bb all times. Must not give up burping if he din burp every feeding cos it will cos wind in his stomach n he get bloated n lost his appetite . Also if u let bb drink too much formula , do give him water. Firstly reduce heatiness in the body , secondly prevent drk milk in his throat causing phlegm . She demo the way to burp Bb n she rub my bb really hard in a rotational rub on his bk... N my bb burp immediately. After that bb appetite recovers. But my bb a bit big size she said. Now he is 4.8 kg.. Drinking 110ml every 3 hrs.
So everyone jiAyou. I'm getting busy now but think bm is really good so give bb bm as long as u can .. JiAyou :)
Thx for sharing Wobblymummy!
My baby also drinks around 90-120ml every 3 hrs, sometimes not enough, wanna drink more to fall asleep, she is 3 weeks+ now, I worried she drinks too much.

GG2012

But her green watery poo happens everytime she poops, not sure if she got a shock or sth, that's what my mum said.
We gave baby NAN pro at the beginning , then we tried NAN ha, her poo changed to green color, so changed back to NAN pro, her poo changed back to yellow.
But her poo sometimes quite dry, not watery....is it she hasn't drink water enough? Any mummies know about that?

MSK

Do u currently feed her any water? Maybe u can try give her some water after her feed... My baby is mainly on fm now and she doesn't really like to drink water. I noticed that when she doesn't drink water, her poo becomes dry. so now I always give her water after her milk time and it helps! :) but my pd says don't give young babies too much water, about 30ml of water a day is sufficient...

We gave baby NAN pro at the beginning , then we tried NAN ha, her poo changed to green color, so changed back to NAN pro, her poo changed back to yellow.
But her poo sometimes quite dry, not watery....is it she hasn't drink water enough? Any mummies know about that?

My Bb tends to get hungry easier when he is awake. Ard 2-2half hours. Other than that is 3hrs. I try to control his intake now. Fix to 110ml. If still hungry my mil suggest to feed a little water. My bb dun really like formula. N he drinks much slower when drinking formula than bm. I think as long as he is drinking.. A bit bigger is ok. Will make him exercise more when he grows.. Lol. Mire chubby Looks more cute too :)

PockyMummy

Wobblymummy... Did the baby doctor say anything about the phlegm in the throat? Did the doctor give medicine for your boy to drink? Any ways to make our baby feel better? Cause my boy also got phlegm in his throat.. =(

Hi all, jus went to baby doctor yesterday cos he has been having whizzing sound at night when he sleeps . I realize it becos of the phlegm in his throat so brought him to see doctor. Dr said that we must burp bb all times. Must not give up burping if he din burp every feeding cos it will cos wind in his stomach n he get bloated n lost his appetite . Also if u let bb drink too much formula , do give him water. Firstly reduce heatiness in the body , secondly prevent drk milk in his throat causing phlegm . She demo the way to burp Bb n she rub my bb really hard in a rotational rub on his bk... N my bb burp immediately. After that bb appetite recovers. But my bb a bit big size she said. Now he is 4.8 kg.. Drinking 110ml every 3 hrs.
So everyone jiAyou. I'm getting busy now but think bm is really good so give bb bm as long as u can .. JiAyou :)

chaw

Hi, we went to clementi polyclinic for baby' 1 month vacination and the nurse told us about 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 to be chosen in 3 month vacination time.. So it is still available there. Which polyclinic you go?
i went to woodlands polyclinic . It is still available there.

joasiss

Yes, im so exhausted.. my hubby works so ive been doing almost every feed since a week and half ago. I get like 1 hr then another 2 hours of sleep every night.
My lochia has turned bright red again and i read its because i do not have enough rest. Wrist and knuckles are hurting like crazy and cannot bend in the morning. Dunno how im going to continue...
SGNZ:729375 said:
Also, another questions to all mummies, does all your baby still feed on every 2-3 hours and do they sleep immediately after each feed? I am still trying to figure out the routine as at the moment, me and hubby quite burn out. My hubby is not working yet luckily. However, we rotate the shift and even that it is still very tiring and I can't imagine how I am going to handle when he get back to work. At night, from around 11pm-12am, I will sleep first in our room and he will sleep with the baby in the other room till around 4.30am. However, he often go without sleep as baby Tristan usually is quite unsettle ,at most he might manage to sleep 1-2 hours if lucky or as mention with the routine of feeding ,changing nappy and settling him down, you can only get that much sleep. And as for me, from 4.30am, I usually also did not manage to sleep just handling him till morning 9 or 10am. I manage to sleep probably 1-2 hours as well, mainly feeding him in between, settling him, then pump my milk etc.

But this morning is the worst, my hubby was complaining that he can hardly even rest for 5 min, as he was awake from 2.30am till 4,20am, he was not really crying, but very unsettle and wanting to suck the pacifier. However, every 5-10 min, he will drop and make noise and you need to keep putting back onto him. And when I took over form 4.30am to 7.30am, indeed he was like that. And I just feed him through at 7.30am ,he finally settle and fall into sleep. Then I manage to pump my milk now at 8am. Now is 8.24am my time while I am typing this, so I will try to catch some sleep again after this till he wakes up and can be quite soon sometime. So I just wonder how do your manage your routine as for us is seems round the clock and the night till morning is the hardest. Imagine if I am to manage him all the way form 2.30am till now, I will be so so tired. Friend told me the first 6-10 weeks is the hardest and once they can sleep longer will be fine. But for now, it just seems like eternity as every night we are going through the same phase. So just like to know if anyone face the same?

Teriwinkle, I had yellow watery poo last time, not green. Do u wan to check with doc just in case?

Did u mummies shave ur babies hair for the first month?? Where did u do it huh?

GG2012

Do u currently feed her any water? Maybe u can try give her some water after her feed... My baby is mainly on fm now and she doesn't really like to drink water. I noticed that when she doesn't drink water, her poo becomes dry. so now I always give her water after her milk time and it helps! :) but my pd says don't give young babies too much water, about 30ml of water a day is sufficient...
Thanks MSK! I will try to give her some water :)

teriwinkle

Thanks GG, i'll change fm and see how, if still green then have to see doc. Hopefully it works.

GG2012:730473 said:

teriwinkle

Alright, I will if after changing fm still green poo.

I went babyspa to shave my girl botak. But my friend said those malay barber also can and much cheaper but I worry about their roughness.

Katherine57:730696 said:
Teriwinkle, I had yellow watery poo last time, not green. Do u wan to check with doc just in case?

Did u mummies shave ur babies hair for the first month?? Where did u do it huh?

My bb doctor tells me it's better not to give bb medication. She gives me a nasal saline spray to be used 2-3 times a day to clean the nose clear the nasal airway... Elevate ur bb mattress a little while sleeping . Drink plenty of water cos phlegm might be caused by dry milk that's why burping is important. Avoid air con n keep bb warm.