EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Hi Babyeskimo

tks so much for ur contact..I called Alice but she no pick up..so went tmc to find any lactation consultant to help me first. The lady help me to massage but I feel my milk ducts still blocked as still painful n full..she say will be better soon. Hope so..feel very sad n pain of the engorged breast.

I should hv get a lactation consultant earlier to massage for me..didn't know of such services..was high fever for 4 scary days. Fever gone after they massage.

Hope my engogred breast will heal soon.

Hi all

i realised my bb got quite a few pimples on her face these 4 days..cl say is like that n will heal slowly..any solution coz it suddenly pop out. Y pop pimples? Need to see doctor?

My bb just 1mth..eating 80 to 90ml..is it ok?

Thanks.

nature59

Hi Babyeskimo

tks so much for ur contact..I called Alice but she no pick up..so went tmc to find any lactation consultant to help me first. The lady help me to massage but I feel my milk ducts still blocked as still painful n full..she say will be better soon. Hope so..feel very sad n pain of the engorged breast.

I should hv get a lactation consultant earlier to massage for me..didn't know of such services..was high fever for 4 scary days. Fever gone after they massage.

Hi all

i realised my bb got quite a few pimples on her face these 4 days..cl say is like that n will heal slowly..any solution coz it suddenly pop out. Y pop pimples? Need to see doctor?

Thanks.
Hi barneybaby, the pimples will clear away by itself so you don't have to worry too much.

Shirix

Ya..Barney, the pimple will slowly clear itself. See doc if u see pus in the pimple like it was infected.

My baby now 1month and 1 week drinking 50-70ml every 3 hour only. So I think your baby intake is ok..

Hi Nature & shirix

As the last 4 days I am sick, bb is on half breast milk n formulae..so I worry is the formulae heatiness that caused the pimples..do u think so? Cl say she feed 1 to 2 mouth water after formulae but my bb don't like water. So u think we must feed more water or can just ignore n pimples will go down itself? It only happen these 4days when I mixed formulae n breast milk. Beforehand, I give total express breast milk.

Thanks

Barneybaby, i feel your pain... after i cleared my blocked ducts, they still remained sore for half a day or so (when i touch them), but as long as there are no lumps, it will heal. Hope you feel better soon.

My baby get small pimples too - i think mine is from his spitting up of milk. we try to wipe whenever we know but sometimes during the night we are asleep. his pimples clear fast though, by the next day its gone but more new ones come up.
he feeds about 100ml every 3 hrs but lately he has been eating every hour ~40ml... sigh... my poor boobs

Hi Babyeskimo

Hi all

Thanks.

Hi babyeskimo

tks so much..I just pm u as want to find out more from u abt blocked ducts.

I just first time feed bb with 'fei Zai water'..wonder is it formulae that caused pimples.

its just an approximation... i feed bottle now once every 2 days, latching otherwise. 40ml is based on how much i pump in the same amt of time the baby suckles, adjusted for the lightness of breast after feeding... i can pump ~50ml-ish each breast for 10 mins. he feeds for about 8 mins and breast is ~80% empty compared to complete softness after pumping

Hi Babyeskimo

U doing latching on only? If so, how u know bb drink 40ml? Thanks :)

Thanks mummies for the encouragement, I'm glad that I'm not alone! I guess I really tend to take things a little hard and exact everything to fall into place perfectly. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen with the baby.

We had our full month party yesterday and i self declared my confinement to be over after 28 days, hahaha...

Was traumatised by baby yesterday afternoon when I was alone with him for the first afternoon and he cried for milk every hour. Plus he had wind in the tummy so was not able to sleep well n kept waking up after napping for 30min crying and I thought he wanted milk so stupidly kept feeding him until his tummy was so rounded. Then hubby suggested putting ru yi oil for him and finally he slept for 2 hrs and we are able to tune his feeding back to normal. Now he's feeding 100-120ml every 3 hrs so I have some time to rest and do other stuff, otherwise it was so exhausting to be feeding and burping the whole afternoon plus he's hard to Burp. I have to burp him for very long to make sure that he gets most wind out and he can still have wind in the tummy

EYA

Hihi mummies

How often does a breast fed baby clear bowels in a day? It is unusual if they only clear.once a day?

Hi all, jus went to baby doctor yesterday cos he has been having whizzing sound at night when he sleeps . I realize it becos of the phlegm in his throat so brought him to see doctor. Dr said that we must burp bb all times. Must not give up burping if he din burp every feeding cos it will cos wind in his stomach n he get bloated n lost his appetite . Also if u let bb drink too much formula , do give him water. Firstly reduce heatiness in the body , secondly prevent drk milk in his throat causing phlegm . She demo the way to burp Bb n she rub my bb really hard in a rotational rub on his bk... N my bb burp immediately. After that bb appetite recovers. But my bb a bit big size she said. Now he is 4.8 kg.. Drinking 110ml every 3 hrs.
So everyone jiAyou. I'm getting busy now but think bm is really good so give bb bm as long as u can .. JiAyou :)

Shirix

I thinking burping a baby is really difficult.. I didnt manage to burp my baby everytime, that's why I feel that she keep passing out gas and her appetite become smaller...

teriwinkle

If give fm, how much water should we give a day on average? A bottle? I'm only feeding a few mouthfuls each day.

wobblymummy:730364 said:
Hi all, jus went to baby doctor yesterday cos he has been having whizzing sound at night when he sleeps . I realize it becos of the phlegm in his throat so brought him to see doctor. Dr said that we must burp bb all times. Must not give up burping if he din burp every feeding cos it will cos wind in his stomach n he get bloated n lost his appetite . Also if u let bb drink too much formula , do give him water. Firstly reduce heatiness in the body , secondly prevent drk milk in his throat causing phlegm . She demo the way to burp Bb n she rub my bb really hard in a rotational rub on his bk... N my bb burp immediately. After that bb appetite recovers. But my bb a bit big size she said. Now he is 4.8 kg.. Drinking 110ml every 3 hrs.
So everyone jiAyou. I'm getting busy now but think bm is really good so give bb bm as long as u can .. JiAyou :)

teriwinkle

Mines poos once a day, she's on bm/fm mix. But I read online that if giving bm, baby will reduce bowel movements from 3-9times a day to once a day (or less) so it's normal. As long as the shit is not hard, your bb is not suffering from constipation.

EYA:730262 said:
Hihi mummies

How often does a breast fed baby clear bowels in a day? It is unusual if they only clear.once a day?

B zhai

Does ur babies hiccup often? My baby hiccups very often. Almost after every feed or 2 feeds. Cl ask me give water. How do u
Solve hiccups? :)

teriwinkle

Mine hiccups about twice a day. That's when I would feed her with water.

B zhai:730430 said:
Does ur babies hiccup often? My baby hiccups very often. Almost after every feed or 2 feeds. Cl ask me give water. How do u
Solve hiccups? :)

my cf lady says some babies transition to more regular - once a day bowel movements after full moon. depends on individual. its good - you can try to train baby to clear bowels every morning when baby wakes up!
as long as stools are not hard or abnormal and baby doesnt display any abnormal behaviour should be ok.

mine poos almost at every feed... cant wait for him to graduate to once a day!

Hihi mummies