EDD April 2013..cont

pigletbao

Hi mummies,

Anyone went for the Dr's talk recently at SCGS? Can share what topic was covered at the session? I missed it as I was too tired from work...:(

Hi mummies,

Been a month since i last log in.. Hope everyones well..

Im into my third trimester, currently 28 wks 4 days.. 11 weeks more to go.. A little anxious though...

Im down with a flu and cold... Went to see my gynae and was prescribed with cough mixture. Any idea if having a cold during pregnancy will affect the baby's development? So worry that baby will be affected... :(

alag

Take care! Don't worry too much. As long as you take care of yourself, baby shouldn't be too affected. Plenty of women out there have been ill while pregnant, but baby's development isn't affected. :)

Yasumi

Hi all mummy-to-be! I'm new in here. Currently 30w +1d as of today and expecting my first child, a baby girl. Only about 10 weeks left. Getting more and more nervous! Anyone doing their hair for CNY? Rebonding, colouring etc.. I am so tempted to do something to my hair but worry it will affect baby's health/ development. Been feeling ugly for soooo long! :(

alag

Congrats belz and sherlee! :)
Have you guys picked out names for the baby boy?

I have flipped thru baby name books and boy names are so hard to pick!!

Congrats belz and sherlee! :)
Have you guys picked out names for the baby boy?

I have flipped thru baby name books and boy names are so hard to pick!!
i have tried several names but none seem to fit too ... now trying to nail down to 1 name only .. this is my #2 so seems harder to choose as compared to #1 .. both are boys .. dont know is it because thats why make it more difficult? hahhaa

Hi all mummy-to-be! I'm new in here. Currently 30w +1d as of today and expecting my first child, a baby girl. Only about 10 weeks left. Getting more and more nervous! Anyone doing their hair for CNY? Rebonding, colouring etc.. I am so tempted to do something to my hair but worry it will affect baby's health/ development. Been feeling ugly for soooo long! :(
i read about an article in mother and baby magazine .. if u wan do coloring, do highlight as its safer since the chemical does not touch your scalp and absorption to skin and blood vessel is lower but think better dont do now still the safest. better be safe than sorry bah. only 10 weeks to go ... after give birth if you not breast feeding then you can do whatever you like with your hairs. if you want to breast feed then you have to wait till you stop breast feeding.

i expecting a boy... active at nite.. omg!
same here lo ... super active at night .. make me cant sleep. luckily i am on home rest so need not worry about no energy go work. but my sleep pattern is totally distorted because he moves alot and i cant sleep when he moves.. but 10 weeks more to go .. i will tolerate! when he comes out .. hahaha he will get it from me .. hahhaa

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is coping well! 3rd trimester now and I think probably just 10 more weeks to endure for most of us :) have started my first parentcraft lesson with mrs wong las week and the next lesson is after cny, really worried I will.be toooo big by then...

Did anyone purchase insurance for baby? If yes, when is the best time to buy? Before birth or after that? And anyone banking with stemcord or cordlife? Was thinking of donating it to public hospital as there is still no statistics to prove if its useful...

Anyway baby clothes I only started buying recently.. any lobangs for cheap infant wear?

pigletbao

Hi all! Am expecting a little girl and she too is real active at night! Everyone seems to be mistaking her for a boy tho based on the shape of my bump... Better not be coz I've already completed almost ALL my shopping!!!

Yasumi

i read about an article in mother and baby magazine .. if you want do coloring, do highlight as its safer since the chemical does not touch your scalp and absorption to skin and blood vessel is lower but think better dont do now still the safest. better be safe than sorry bah. only 10 weeks to go ... after give birth if you not breast feeding then you can do whatever you like with your hairs. if you want to breast feed then you have to wait till you stop breast feeding.

Dear iceydragon81, thanks for the information. :) Didn't know it is not advisable during breast feeding as well!! Guess I will just have to tolerate a couple more months for baby's sake.

Are you having your first baby as well? Are you going to buy the breast milk pump before giving birth? All other mummy-to-bes planning to breastfeed?

Yasumi

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is coping well! 3rd trimester now and I think probably just 10 more weeks to endure for most of us :) have started my first parentcraft lesson with mrs wong las week and the next lesson is after cny, really worried I will.be toooo big by then...

Did anyone purchase insurance for baby? If yes, when is the best time to buy? Before birth or after that? And anyone banking with stemcord or cordlife? Was thinking of donating it to public hospital as there is still no statistics to prove if its useful...

Anyway baby clothes I only started buying recently.. any lobangs for cheap infant wear?

Hi autumnlady! I am in my 3rd trimester with 10 more weeks left to go as well. Is it your first baby? Are you having baby boy or girl? I had wanted to sign up for classes with Mrs Wong too but just came back from overseas then worried won't be in time to complete the classes so didnt sign up. Kind of regret though. Hope you are enjoying your classes!!! Ganbatte and take care when travelling to classes!!

Regarding insurance, i think its a very good question. Hopefully can hear some valuable info from other mummy-to-bes. My husband's company will be getting insurance for our baby after birth. So haven't exactly considered this. But I personally feel if you are having a normal pregnancy with no complications, it is alright to buy after birth.

Regarding baby clothes, i bought alot on gmarket recently. Like alaq, i bought Carters for my baby too and the quality is indeed good and comfy!! Designs are soooo~ cute too!! 5 pcs of carters rompers (with short sleeves/ long sleeves) for around S$14-17 depending on design. I bought some 'Next' brand baby sleeper suits/pyjamas as well. Paid about S$25 for 3 pcs. Very cheap in my opinion. You might want to check them out? This is the website>>> https://my.qoo10.sg I bought some other misc stuff like baby bibs, mittens, swaddle etc from gmarket as well. So far the quality are all up to expectations.

So far where have you bought yours? I am now trying to look for diaper bag & baby cap but have yet to find any nice ones. Anyway, its so fun shopping for baby!!! Enjoy shopping!!!!! :001_302: