EDD March 2013

Jkel

Hi Mummies,
Just went for my gynae check up. I am so glad that my baby has put on about 800g in 2 weeks. He was 1.2kg at 30wks 4 days. Now he is 2kg at 32 wks 4 days. Thanks to all mummies who have given me advices on how to gain my baby's weight. My gynae is happy with my baby's weight now and hopefully my baby will continue to grow well.

LYC

Hi Cagnes and MsSaggi

I have this kind of pain also. I'm at 35 week now. Sometime very pain till can not sleep. This pain is not come everyday.

I have that strange sensation too.. But what makes my sleep unrested is the pain at my hip area :( Need to flip from side to side every few hr each night. Any mummies feel the pain too?

Jkel

Thanks Neymo:)
I have increased my intake of dairy products every day. Like 2 glasses of fresh milk daily, and on alternate days, i will have yoghurt, milk shakes. Besides that, I also took durians once. I have put on about 1kg these 2 weeks as well. Haha..:)

Last edited:

NeyMO

Yup yup dairy products are good source of proteins, Jkel!! : )

Me too, I am taking Avocado milk shake always as addicted to the taste. Also I drink Enfamama everyday.

Wishing your baby is gaining weight exponentially from today onwards ya : )

smilem

me too.... try to put a small pillow under your lower pain.. it may reduce.. tat wat i did..

I have that strange sensation too.. But what makes my sleep unrested is the pain at my hip area :( Need to flip from side to side every few hr each night. Any mummies feel the pain too?

smilem

Glad to hear tat your bb grow :D Jia Yu

I have increased my intake of dairy products every day. Like 2 glasses of fresh milk daily, and on alternate days, i will have yoghurt, milk shakes. Besides that, I also took durians once. I have put on about 1kg these 2 weeks as well. Haha..:)

smilem

Went for my chk up for 35 weeks.. Gynae said finally my bb ger's head turn downward.. no more breech position but still need go thru C-Sec.

I take fresh milk everyday (original or strawberry).. i think my bb love durian (same as her dad)... when i smelled durian.. i ve urge to eat.lolz

luckymum

Same smilem I also wake up 3am everyday! Keeping fingers crossed!!

Last time for my number one my CL managed to train my girl to sleep through the night before she goes off.. Hope this time also the same!! Hehehe..

MHJT, omg head is engaged means ready to go anytime! Last check up head not engaged yet so maybe you will be much earlier! Hehehe..

I always wonder what my first sign will be, bloody show, water bag burst or contraction! First one was gynae burst my water bag druing week 39 check up so no surprises! So excited. But I'm not prepared yet maybe cos is number two, cot is still full of stuffs, I haven even packed the hospital bag and take the clothes out to wash! Better do it soon! Hehehe..

luckymum

Oh I just went shopping at Robinson they have bundle pack for nuk bottles, two big one and two small one with a pacifier at $47. Every spend of $188 will get discount of $28. So in the end I got three sets! Wahahaha..

l0r3tTa

wow..

Smilem and luckymum, I also get up at about 2+ religiously every night to pee..hahaha..but I always have to force myself to get back to sleep, sometimes take an hour to go back to sleep...cos the next day have to work..otherwise really zombie..hahaha..

mhjt baby's head is already engaged..wow...for first time mums it usually occurs few weeks before baby come out. For 2nd time mums onwards, baby head really engage when we are in labour.. that's what my gynae mentioned to me.

Went for my 36+ weeks check yesterday, baby is at 2.89kg, gynae asked me to go easy on the CNY goodies..hahaha..I gained a total of 13kg so far..this weekend I will be 37 weeks, so anytime from CNY day 1 onwards..hahaha..I'm experiencing braxton hicks pretty frequent..so really just monitoring them..haha.. Should be a FEB baby le ba..haha..

Jkel

Neymo mummy, I love avocado milk shake too. But I try to ask for less sugary syrup as I am afraid of getting diabetes. I have tried formula milk-Similac Mum but I dun really like it, so I stick to fresh milk.

Last edited:

Jkel

Smilem, did you opt or did the doctor suggest you to go for c-sect? My baby has also turn head down and the doc has not mention anything abt the mode of delivery. I suppose he is pro-natural, just like most of the gynaes in KKH.

Went for my chk up for 35 weeks.. Gynaecology said finally my bb ger's head turn downward.. no more breech position but still need go thru C-Sec.

I take fresh milk everyday (original or strawberry).. i think my bb love durian (same as her dad)... when i smelled durian.. i ve urge to eat.lolz

Ryca

wow..

Smilem and luckymum, I also get up at about 2+ religiously every night to pee..hahaha..but I always have to force myself to get back to sleep, sometimes take an hour to go back to sleep...cos the next day have to work..otherwise really zombie..hahaha..

mhjt baby's head is already engaged..wow...for first time mums it usually occurs few weeks before baby come out. For 2nd time mums onwards, baby head really engage when we are in labour.. that's what my gynae mentioned to me.

Went for my 36+ weeks check yesterday, baby is at 2.89kg, gynae asked me to go easy on the CNY goodies..hahaha..I gained a total of 13kg so far..this weekend I will be 37 weeks, so anytime from CNY day 1 onwards..hahaha..I'm experiencing braxton hicks pretty frequent..so really just monitoring them..haha.. Should be a FEB baby le ba..haha..
i hv gained almost 20kgs already....oh dear :(

mhjt

Yeah. Was quite surprise doctor mentioned he's engaged already 2 weeks ago. Lately been gaining more in size of my baby bump. But overall, get comments that everywhere is still normal in size, hips slightly wider, but my arms got slimmer. I've gained about 10kg till today. Next doctor appt is on Valentine's day. :)

Apr gal

Dear Apr Gal, you may read more on this here.
Group B streptococcal septicemia of the newborn - PubMed Health
You'll be fine. If it's positive, then your gynae will manage you accordingly. For those of us tested negative, there's also no guarantee won't get between week 37 to week 40 (or whichever date of delivery), although chance is low. Also in Singapore, there's no apparent practice to re-test nearer date of delivery.
I'm sure you are in good hands :)
Hi Lemonwater n Neymo, thanks for d concern!!! I did read bout d strep b bact prior to tis but never tot I would b +, anyway though I shd trust my gynae I am still a little worried of d slim possibility. Pray hard tat everything is ok ...

l0r3tTa

I gave birth le...

Last night about 9ish my water bag leaked. So have to go hospital and was admitted. They insert the pill at about 1am to induce the labour cos waterbag broke. So at about 3ish, contractions were at about 5-7mins apart, I used the gas mask and it speed up so quickly that I became too high..and too soon, the baby was out at 5.18am @ 2.84kg.

Jia you to the rest of u.. :)