EDD September 2013 Mummies

Sunbeams

Hard cheese can but nit soft cheese! But I'm still careful when eating cheese. Cheese in Mac burger is ok. Cheese must come from pasteurized milk then safe to eat :)

Naangfaa

Wahh..never log in for a few days and soo many pages liao! hehehe! @StellaC: Anyway, I also support Uniqlo's no-wire bras! They are so comfy and leave no marks, I feel so liberated! hur hur hur! ^_^

A Mummy: was smiling reading your post! I can't wait to see my baby moving too but I guess I still have to wait for awhile! I do have the exact same paranoia as you every single day..a trip to the toilet is worse than going to the exam hall! I wish I wasn't so gan cheong all the time!

And, urm, I dun wish to my baby bump to show yet leh..a bit paisay, I duno why..hahaha! I have been losing weight too and I'm kinda happy about it, still continuing with my exercise routine coz I dun want to put on unnecessary weight plus stretch marks!(ok, I'm super vain!) I've been using Palmer's since I found out I was pregnant! ^_^

P.S. Not planning to get a confinement lady too..must save money! furthermore I will be staying with my mum and she's an awesome (healthy) cook..so yea! Thumbs up for our mummies! =)

StellaC

What's soft cheese and what's hard? Cheesecake can eat? Hope cheese fries is ok? I crave for that too though I never fancied KFC...

@Naangfa ^5! It's really comfy ya? I'm going back to get more.. Hehe

I'd be engaging confinement lady, it's a norm among my friends and relatives. My mum won't want to do for me and I won't want to ask my MIL to do for me too. Hehe. I guess it'd be easier for me to get through my confinement month!

raoow

What's soft cheese and what's hard? Cheesecake can eat? Hope cheese fries is ok? I crave for that too though I never fancied KFC...
Basically cheese with veins and mould rind ( have a white "skin" covering ) cannot. Eg: Blue cheese, Camembert, Brie. But not many Singaporeans appreciate such cheeses.

The standard mozzarella, cheddar , cream cheese ( found in cheese cake ) , mascarpone ( tiramisu ) are fine. And actually cheese fries isn't made from real cheese.

raoow

I'm definitely having a confinement nanny. Cos doing at my own place plus I want someone to help with baby while I rest at night. Will feel bad if I get my mom to do it.

StellaC

My sister-in-law engaged the confinement lady for 1.5 months. She said if she had known, she would have engaged 2 months...

Sunbeams

Oh yea... How much is the uniqlo bra again u guys talking about? Can't find when I search online lei.. Thanks. Any idea what type of shoes that's comfy with good support to wear? My flats broke on fri :( had a pair of heels though at office.. Phew!

StellaC

Oh yea... How much is the uniqlo bra again u guys talking about? Can't find when I search online lei.. Thanks. Any idea what type of shoes that's comfy with good support to wear? My flats broke on fri :( had a pair of heels though at office.. Phew!
I think it's $34.90
Im wearing flats from pretty fit, they've got really comfy cushioned shoes. I'd like to check out hush puppies too

Naangfaa

I think e only confinement rules I will be following will be the food and staying home part. Am planning to wake up at night to tend to baby with e hubz so mum will only help to cook..hehe..job hazard, coz parents' touch is the most important during first few mths..;)

Newae, one thing abt Uniqlo bras is tt they come in very limited colours. But comfort-wise,win hands-down! As for shoes, flats make my feet painful so am wearing Birks..the contours kinda ease my feet when wearing..^_^

A mummy

A Mummy: was smiling reading your post! I can't wait to see my baby moving too but I guess I still have to wait for awhile! I do have the exact same paranoia as you every single day..a trip to the toilet is worse than going to the exam hall! I wish I wasn't so gan cheong all the time!

And, urm, I dun wish to my baby bump to show yet leh..a bit paisay, I duno why..hahaha! I have been losing weight too and I'm kinda happy about it, still continuing with my exercise routine coz I dun want to put on unnecessary weight plus stretch marks!(ok, I'm super vain!) I've been using Palmer's since I found out I was pregnant! ^_^
Ya actually you are right. But gynae wants me to put on weight as I am only 48kg pre pregnancy.
At least put on 0.3kg per week kind it's quite ok.
My baby bump can be seen only a bit but doc said it's not suppose to show yet as much so no worries. So, I was happy my tummy is under normal category.

=)
So much energy you have. So jealous. I am so sleepy everytime.

Naangfaa

Erh no la...I sleep aaaaa lot too! Sometimes at work, I will have to drag myself to go through the daily routines even though my body is saying sleep!sleep!sleep!hahahah!

I wanna ask gynae for pills to wake me up! Coz I do practically nothing but sleep,eat and watch tv during the weekends!hahaha!

skt

StellaC: nope, I didn't sign out for it. I find he invited speakers not very helpful. I will prefer speakers like Ivy Lee, Zoey Tay, experienced mums. I was actually looking at how to look good during pregnancy. But the invited speaker was Jacelyn Tay and I was like huh, she has not even pregnant before, how will she know how tiring is it for pregnany mummies to do makeup?

I haven't been putting on makeup since I was 8 weeks pregnant, too tired for it. Not even simple hairstyling.

Sunbeams: yes you are right, good to drink red dates with dried longan during confinement. But also good to drink during pregnancy I was told, to sort of boost our energy during our tiring days. Mum says not too often as it maybe be heaty.

skt

Basically cheese with veins and mould rind ( have a white "skin" covering ) cannot. Eg: Blue cheese, Camembert, Brie. But not many Singaporeans appreciate such cheeses.

The standard mozzarella, cheddar , cream cheese ( found in cheese cake ) , mascarpone ( tiramisu ) are fine. And actually cheese fries isn't made from real cheese.

raoow: What about cheese hotdog? is the cheese alright for us?

StellaC

@skt they invited an image consultant but what she shared was quite basic, I think most of us already has simple grooming ideas and also what to wear... The information they gave during the congress was really not very helpful.. Or maybe I was too tired to listen hehe. Actually jacelyn Tay has a son! :) Ben Yeo has two.

skt

StellaC: Ooooooh! I didn't know jacelyn Tay has a son! My bad!
Did the talk touch on taking care of the new born?

StellaC

StellaC: Ooooooh! I didn't know jacelyn Tay has a son! My bad!
Did the talk touch on taking care of the new born?
actually, like what you mentioned, maybe if they invited zoe tay or ivy lee will be more insightful... hehe. the sharing from jacelyn tay wasnt too helpful. have a feeling they are trying to get us to buy similac milk.