EDD September 2013 Mummies

A mummy

Urgh I had a little accident twice. I was on my way to the toilet and sneezed just before I got to relieve myself. guess what I couldn't hold my bladder as well as I used to, leaked a little, drives me insane.
Gosh... raoow and you knew you accidentally relieve yourselves. But I don't know what's going on with me. I don't think I peed. But, these 3 days, it was not pleasant down there... it's no longer discharge it's watery...

I tried doing kegel muscle. They say about doing 10 times counts of 8seconds each controlling our ''muscle'' everyday will help for those who cannot control. Great for giving birth too.

But, is it something else leaking?? Cannot be baby amniotic fluid right>???ok I'm freaking out!

A mummy

Haha, A mummy, you are so knowledgeable in terms of health. I don't see it as luck. I do believe on investing in our health and that it will make a difference in the health of our next generation. A friend who was anaemic during her early pregnancy and later on she was ok. But after her birth, even a little bit of blood lost also made a difference to her health. Doctor suggested a blood transfusion but she rejected it. Hope she felt better by now. I take spirulina instead of iron tablet as the iron in spirulina is more digestible in our system.
I hope things change for my mom too. Sad for your friend. Hopefully she's doing fine.
Ya it's true health is important and we got to invest in it. Can we eat spirulina now?? I probably will recommend it to my mom.Thanks=)

However,for some of us sadly,we need a little luck. Think morning sickness,my cousin experience none for her 2 pregnancies. Just too good to be true. And think menstruation cramps. Some of them don't get them at all. Not even a mild one!
I tried pollen (my reflexologist recommend)and some great Indian friends suggested soft boil egg and me and mom tried. Her's immediately stopped but must consume early in the morning before the pain starts. My younger cousin pain subside a lil.But me? So suay. =( This pregnancy is like a big break for me.

I dont cry when i was in my early teens,i can stand the pain but seems to get worse for me late teens till now. The pain is like somebody twisting my ovaries.

I'm not knowledgeable. I had to study them. Part of modules when I was back in uni. So, I'm just refreshing as we go along.haha!

A mummy

Anyone got beauty secret to share? My skin is so pale. What should I eat to make my face red ? I look sick.
I gained 10kg officially. Week 24. I don't look fat , baby is small. I suspect the intake of calcium makes my bone denser and I'm a cup D now. from B. I want to cry.i suspect milk weight in my breast too=(

I could not sleep at night now because of my breast and my heart keeps on palpitate if I move in any position when I'm in bed. That caused me to panic. That's not good for baby's health. Am I alone in this?

A mummy

I have watery discharge too... and i asked other september mummies whom i am chatting with over whatsapp, it seems like all these are normal.. nothing to worry about..

Sunbeams

Me have water discharge too!! Scared me initially.. I m wearing panty liner now! Need new bra too. Think no need get those with metal wire. Painful :(

chweewy

I just wear panty liner for just in case there's leakage. I attended the antenatal class, trainer mentioned that we no need to buy nursing bra now in case u r thinking to change to this type of bra..cos the boobs will grow further if u bf. So i m wearing those wireless bra..less painful

chweewy

mrsvistamio:788259 said:
@chewwy, just buy normal wireless bras will do is it ? Now bras are so exp, don't knw which wireless is comfy..
I bought those sport bra type that r sold in guardian currently..it serves me well. Can even wear to sleep n still comfortable.. I grow from size c to dd I think..hiaz :(

raoow

My discharge varies. Was watery one period of time now thicker. But not as much as first trimester.

Went for my anatomy scan today! Hope all is ok cos the doctor's review only on the 28th May as she is on leave.

I bought the Guardian bra ( Belvia ) too and now it's getting tight. And the nubra I've been using now makes me itch if I wear for too long. How I wish we don't need to wear bras!!!

littlej

Sigh - I tot once preggers, can do without panty liners, pads and tampons... How wrong I was...

Bra - well, I find Those camisoles with built in cups from uniqlo very comfy. And these are more practical as after birth can still wear. i reckon it is quite silly to just buy new bras right cuz this size increase is only temporary... I have also been wearing my existing bras but I got the extender so that it is less tight across the width and I adjust the straps so that it is looser.

A mummy - I hope you are feeling better. For me, I am still using my usual skin care. But i find myself getting never-go-away pimples! But well, i find light makeup works for my happiness level. i use natural foundation to even out the tone, eyebrow pencil, mascara, blusher for more color to the cheeks and lip gloss. I have gained 8kg... And the areas below my breasts sometimes hurt. Erm I think it is impt to remain optimistic and happy lah. Sometimes, it is mind over matter. So I do things that make me happy like listening to calm music (when I am feeling agitated), window shop online (when I am feeling sad), write down my feelings on a piece of paper (when I am feeling overwhelmed) - helps to put things in perspective I feel. I will also daydream on how baby will look... Cute fingers and toes and Michelin like arms and thighs.. Hahah but sometimes I think of that then I start panicking cuz oh my - what if I make a lousy and hopeless mum =)

skt

I agree with chweewy, no need to buy nursing bra at the moment till nearer to delivery date when the cup size is more defined. Right now, I believe our cup size will still increase. I no longer wear wired/padded bra which are really uncomfortable like suffocating my chest.

I wear my bikini sometimes. For a trial, I actually went to those neighbourhood lingerie shops (with fitting rooms to try) and buy those cheap ones, 3 for $9.90, so that I won't feel so heartpain should I not wear them anymore after delivery.

Last weekend I actually dropby Expo for the small-scaled baby fair, and bought one wired nursing bra (slightly bigger to cater for anymore increase in cup size later on) at only $12. I thought this may comes useful incase I need some wired bra support on and off for now when the cup size gets bigger. Though wired, it doesn't feel as hard as those from counter brands.

Motherhood expo fair from 31st to 2nd June, hopefully there will be cheaper ones!

What about panty? I feel my current ones are getting a little tighter, thinking of buying, but again, may not wear them again once we slim down.

I hope things change for my mom too. Sad for your friend. Hopefully she's doing fine.
Ya it's true health is important and we got to invest in it. Can we eat spirulina now?? I probably will recommend it to my mom.Thanks=)

However,for some of us sadly,we need a little luck. Think morning sickness,my cousin experience none for her 2 pregnancies. Just too good to be true. And think menstruation cramps. Some of them don't get them at all. Not even a mild one!
I tried pollen (my reflexologist recommend)and some great Indian friends suggested soft boil egg and me and mom tried. Her's immediately stopped but must consume early in the morning before the pain starts. My younger cousin pain subside a lil.But me? So suay. =( This pregnancy is like a big break for me.

I dont cry when i was in my early teens,i can stand the pain but seems to get worse for me late teens till now. The pain is like somebody twisting my ovaries.

I'm not knowledgeable. I had to study them. Part of modules when I was back in uni. So, I'm just refreshing as we go along.haha!
Yes, you can take spirulina. It is a whole food supplement. More digestible protein than eating beef and you get iron too. It's the sea vegetable. What pain are you referring to? Are you experience cramp?

mrsvistamio

you can buy bra extension, cost only $1.50 - 2.50 only, instead of buying new bra which you may not wear later.
As other mummies mentioned, we can buy nursing bra nearer to delivery date

chweewy

Hi skt, currently I bought this 5pcs pack panties from Marks&Spencer where it's below belly..rather comfy and it comes with full cotton and one w/o vpl so im happy..u can take a look there..

Sunbeams

When we r nursing... Do our boobs go back orig or same as pregnancy. Where to buy the bra extension faithmummy? Sometimes I feel it's cup size. Not just the length :(

When we r nursing... Do our boobs go back orig or same as pregnancy. Where to buy the bra extension faithmummy? Sometimes I feel it's cup size. Not just the length :(
I m also keen to know where can I buy the bra extension ?

I also feel is my cup upsize not the length .. Already buy bras once in. Wk 12.. Now need to buy again :p

Sunbeams

Same Mrsvistamio! I bought bra that time too!

btw mummies, have u guys started shopping for bb stuff?
What brand of breast pump u getting? So ex.. Medela freestyle double is what I m keen in!

for the bra extension, you can get from Shops like Sinma, and those that sell undergarments specially...

Sunbeams, i bought the Medela Freestyle pump 2nd Hand from other mummies... you can check out Mega Baby Store online, they sold the US set.... much cheaper than local Set... but of course no warranty given, but many mummies feedback that the set they received worked well.....
otherwise, you can look out for the "Want To Sell" Section of the other Forum..... some mummies sell their Second hand set too...