EDD September 2013 Mummies

skt

Hi mummies!

FYI, Kiddy Palace is having 15% for non members and 20% for members. =)

Any mummies know the difference between Avent and Mendela bottle tits? I actually bought a newborn Avent bottle set during the previous baby fair but I am keen in getting Mendela electric pump. So now I am not sure if this will create any effects on the baby.

chweewy: thanks for the recommendation, will check out Marks & Spencer low-waist panties!

A mummy

Great article.:Dancing_wub:

Singapore is safe. All machines scanned thoroughly before bringing in and our docs are the best.Let alone the medical facilities.They know what they are doing.
Only small spoil rotten few of them that we have no choice but to be careful of. Some gynaes I heard quite insensitive to a stillborn baby!My heart sunk after I read some posts out there.
Once in 2 weeks are fine.I was told 3rd trimester like at 8months, we have to visit weekly?I think to check our cervix I guess. So uncomfortable.

Thanks for the article.Though I read articles which are from published journal sites. Like pubmed or ncbi or athens.More credibility.However, it's good to be on our feet sometimes and not rely on the doctors. They are just merely trying to do their job by dispensing medicines after medicines even if we are ok(sarcastic*) Imagine headache but prescribed to us 3 types of medicine which are unnecessary.

Back to the article:

Some angmoh articles scare me the way they complicated the whole pregnancy thing just make me dont wanna have babies. But it's smooth sailing thus far. Some posts from babycentre.com or .co.uk are scary compared to posts from babycentre.com.sg.

No offends to non singaporean / non asian mummies residing in Sg. Peace!:001_302:

A mummy

Hi mummies!

FYI, Kiddy Palace is having 15% for non members and 20% for members. =)

Any mummies know the difference between Avent and Mendela bottle tits? I actually bought a newborn Avent bottle set during the previous baby fair but I am keen in getting Mendela electric pump. So now I am not sure if this will create any effects on the baby.

chweewy: thanks for the recommendation, will check out Marks & Spencer low-waist panties!
SKT thanks for the updates!!

aiyo.. i had so many ultrasounds already...not forgetting the 1 hour detailed scanning...
I do get really scared when i reach such articles.. we all know that "natural" is always best. but in this day and age very hard to follow.

Actually in singapore, i think since we're more developed, doctors tend to over-medicate simply because they can ("just to be safe" mentality) ... in the US/EU, while they are also developed and advanced, but they have more options available to patients.. and when patients can easily choose these less mainstream options without much consequence. but over here, people don't deviate from the norm... so if norm is for doctor to purposely break waterbag to speed up labour..then that's the way it's going to be.
As patients we can make our own choices, but without support and adequate knowledge, and with pressure from doctors, very hard also.

then how? hahaha.. i also dunno.. still figuring things out during my motherhood journey!

Great article.:Dancing_wub:

Singapore is safe. All machines scanned thoroughly before bringing in and our docs are the best.Let alone the medical facilities.They know what they are doing.
Only small spoil rotten few of them that we have no choice but to be careful of. Some gynaes I heard quite insensitive to a stillborn baby!My heart sunk after I read some posts out there.
Once in 2 weeks are fine.I was told 3rd trimester like at 8months, we have to visit weekly?I think to check our cervix I guess. So uncomfortable.

Thanks for the article.Though I read articles which are from published journal sites. Like pubmed or ncbi or athens.More credibility.However, it's good to be on our feet sometimes and not rely on the doctors. They are just merely trying to do their job by dispensing medicines after medicines even if we are ok(sarcastic*) Imagine headache but prescribed to us 3 types of medicine which are unnecessary.

Back to the article:

Some angmoh articles scare me the way they complicated the whole pregnancy thing just make me dont wanna have babies. But it's smooth sailing thus far. Some posts from babycentre.com or .co.uk are scary compared to posts from babycentre.com.sg.

No offends to non singaporean / non asian mummies residing in Sg. Peace!:001_302:

A mummy

MUms the word,that's what I meant.Thus agree with you. This post was a follow up from previous posts as some state that regular scans can bring about autism.
Thus, I'm following up.

So, I'm afraid i'm going to offend any mummies who is like making the scans a big issue.Nevertheless I still feel safe delivering in Singapore than anywhere else. Unless there's really an article that's credible, I just heed whatever my gynae told me to do even if i had to make lots of scanning.It's for my baby's development. Furthermore with the cord wrapping around her neck issue, I have to see him quite regularly for the scans just to see how is the cord if it's already out from her neck.Before this,gynae always scans for every visit for baby's heartbeat.It's like a CRUCIAL thing as there's many stillborn cases.

Autism like some mentioned, rarely happens.

Peace!

babywipes

ok..i am starting to get itch on my belly and back. any good stretch mark creams to recommend? I am currently using clarins but don't feel the effect of it. my skin is usually dry to very dry even before pregnancy. sob!

chweewy

Personally I agree that clarins oil is more therapeutic than for stretch mark. So far, I used seba med anti stretch crm for past 6 mths, so far so good n my man said it's not too oily so he's willing to apply for me..:eek:

chweewy

Btw mummies if u r going to the motherhood fair, do go to their website motherhoodexhibition.sg for their brochure. It'll help u to plan n target what to buy that day..

chweewy

babywipes:790329 said:
ok..i am starting to get itch on my belly and back. any good stretch mark creams to recommend? I am currently using clarins but don't feel the effect of it. my skin is usually dry to very dry even before pregnancy. sob!
Hi babywipes, I tried aloe vera gel on my itch n I feel good..mayb u can try?

A mummy

I also was recommended snake brand powder. Chinese medicine shops sure sell. I apply on my rashes especially inner thighs abrasion and I felt good.This is more of a cure rather than preventive.Can try. Calamine lotion works but more for soothing instead of completely ease the itch.Aloe vera hmmm, the itch goes away but comes back again=( So, depends but can try!

raoow

I agree that we shouldn't be reading too much into such articles. I think for everything, there are pros and cons. My gf gave birth in Australia and they don't do much u/s. Only 3 throughout their pregnancies. So when she was giving birth, they didn't know baby was too big for her small hips and she nearly died during childbirth as a result. This is her second child but her first one delivered in SG.

And as for the studies, I think it isn't wholly representative. For eg: there are more cases of nuts allergies in Westerners than Asians. So does the autism studies segregate by ethnic groups?

But regardless, it's the parents' decision what they think is best.

A mummy

I agree that we shouldn't be reading too much into such articles. I think for everything, there are pros and cons. My gf gave birth in Australia and they don't do much u/s. Only 3 throughout their pregnancies. So when she was giving birth, they didn't know baby was too big for her small hips and she nearly died during childbirth as a result. This is her second child but her first one delivered in SG.

And as for the studies, I think it isn't wholly representative. For eg: there are more cases of nuts allergies in Westerners than Asians. So does the autism studies segregate by ethnic groups?

But regardless, it's the parents' decision what they think is best.
That's right. Also based on statistics, the pool of people they diagnosed and many more lah seriously.Lol.
Wow, too big until cannot push?? Wow that's horrific!

Actually in Singapore nowadays most gynaes are pro-choice.. Meaning if u know what n why u are asking for something (eg no breaking of waterbag; let it break naturally), they will usually respect ur choices.. As long as u write it in ur birth plan, discuss with ur gynae n make sure they endorse it.. Also, if for some reason the gynae makes u uncomfortable, u can switch gynaes; no problems.. Unfortunately, hospitals have SOPs, so if u dun get urself well-prepared, ur birth might not go the way u want it..

A mummy

Actually in Singapore nowadays most gynaes are pro-choice.. Meaning if u know what n why u are asking for something (eg no breaking of waterbag; let it break naturally), they will usually respect ur choices.. As long as u write it in ur birth plan, discuss with ur gynae n make sure they endorse it.. Also, if for some reason the gynae makes u uncomfortable, u can switch gynaes; no problems.. Unfortunately, hospitals have SOPs, so if u dun get urself well-prepared, ur birth might not go the way u want it..
yup...depends on gynae also.mine very the ...must go his way because its best for me n baby. No water bath because risk of infection is high and no squatting during labor like what many westerners doing because afraid baby may fall out of V and anything can happen because of gravity...if really need to go our way, we have to sign lots of indemnity form as he said lots of accidents happened before in Glens especially with 'angmohs'. It's like the hospital's policy.But he always suggest better not be so fussy while labor... Create problems for many people around us. Haha. So i guess that's what you mean by SOPs?

Hey everyone how's your baby doing!? Noone seems to talk about the babies here anymore....lol