EDD May 2013

marmalade

Hey congrats marmalade!

Haiz...me still waiting...though bb already 3.1 kg last week...feel so heavy n bloated...huhu
my baby was 3.37 kg so ya, i understand the feeling but just hang in there. u shld not wait too long since end of may is coming.....
if your water bag is not broken yet, don't go for induction if possible unless really medically necessary. Good luck !

my baby was 3.37 kg so ya, i understand the feeling but just hang in there. u shld not wait too long since end of may is coming.....
if your water bag is not broken yet, don't go for induction if possible unless really medically necessary. Good luck !
Yah....bb is of good size yet still quite active inside...so nothing to do but wait as my gynae says...lol

Hi all,

I already given birth on 18 may through a long process (24 hours labour) and end up went for emergency c-sect. Cannot imagine my bills T T.

Here my history:
18 May
1 am till 9:30 am = water bag leaking plus light bleeding but didn't notice.
9:30 am = called my gynea clinic to check
10:30 am = gynea advised me to quickly went to hospital coz I already in labour stage for 12 hours although no sign of contraction.
11:00 am till 13:00 pm = went home to get hospital bags, shower and rush to hospital.
13:00 pm = lunch (gynea advised me to go for lunch first before go to labour ward)
13:30 pm: inside labour ward
14:00 pm: induce
15:00 pm: epidural
16:00 pm: gynea check my dilation only 2cm and increase the level of my drip
22:45 pm: gynea came to check again my dilation and only 3 cm. she adviced me for emergency c-sect coz my water bag leaking almost 24 hours and I agreed for it.
23:48: baby borne to the world

My baby weight 2.925 and 50 Cm

After 2 hours of my c-sect my left eyes and face suddenly swollen due to allergic of painkiller.

Right now my baby abit yellow even though the pediatrician said no need to worry as long the baby got enough supply of milk.

Btw, I already having milk even though not much and still combine with formula.
Hiya congrats Poppui & thanks for sharing

Hello mummies :) i delivered on 17 may. Due date was 16may, but on my last check on 15, gynae said might need tobe induced on 19may lol.
Here's my account on that day

17may midnight - 5am: lots of brown pinkish discharge
7am: called kkh call a nurse, saying pink discharge is normal after vaginal check on 15.
7am-12pm: mild contraction, but geels more like stomach cramps. I was in bed the whole day, only weny to toilet
cos got the wanna pass motion feeling
1pm: called kkh call a nurse again, but she told me i was heard okay cos i could still talk properly hahaha
1-3.30pm: terrible stomach cramps
330pm: my mom n inlaw called cab n i went to kkh
415pm: checked, 3 cm dilated. I was literrally screaming every 2-3mins. The laughing gas didnt work, just made me dizzy
430pm: ask for epidural.
6pm: 4 cm dilated, doc on duty broke my waterbag
Then i slept for a while
930pm: nurse said bb heartbeat dropped. Called doc on duty n he checked... Could see my bb head!!!
Nurse immediately called my gynae
1000pm or so: gynae arrives.
1019pm: delivered my boy :)

He was 3.890kg, 53cm. Big baby hahaha

Now still trying to get used to the routine

Congrats all mummies here :) and for those who havent, jiayou! All your pain will disappear when you see your bbs :)))

Oh, that time my bb's right hand was a bit blue in color n they sent him to the special care unit... Bill was 1k plus for bb :(

So he was fm fed when in special care unit n nursery. But now try tofully bm

Snowycat

Hi anyone having confinement at mother in law's place? For me i am worried about having post natal depression because my mother in law speaks without thinking and nags a lot. She is a nice person just that rather indian chief . Hope i can tolerate her nagging and ignore her blunt words.

marmalade

Hi anyone having confinement at mother in law's place? For me i am worried about having post natal depression because my mother in law speaks without thinking and nags a lot. She is a nice person just that rather indian chief . Hope i can tolerate her nagging and ignore her blunt words.
from personal experience, i would advise you against having confinement at mil place. best is at your place with a confinement nanny.
else there is a high chance that you have post natal blues.

Snowycat

Thanks for the advice! But i have no choice because my parents in law assume i am having confinement at their place so already booked a confinement lady for me months ago. And they want to take care of my baby. Hiaz, they are nice pple just that it is always more cosy staying at mum's place and dont have to put up a smile even when i am in a bad mood.

cony

Hi all mummies:)
I've just pop! here's my birthstory.
9Am : contractions, keep wake up thought I want Shit.Haha.
(Goes on till 9.30am while i time my contractions 4mins - 5mins apart)
10:30am went for quick breakfast after shower.
11.30am went in kkh check for contractions . 4.5cm dilated already!
11:50am went in labor ward
Contractions 3mins apart..
Nurse told me waterbag leaking but no broken yet. Expected to fully dilate after 6hours. (Nearly fainted upon hearing that)
1.40Am pain kept coming 2mins apart . Got feel want to Shit already. Checked, 6cm dilated only cannot push :(
2.10pm cannot stand it already. Really want to push. Doctor check dilation intending break waterbag.
While checking waters broke. Already fully dilated! was told to start pushing.
After 2 pushes? Baby heads out. 2More pushes shoulder and body halfway out. Last push and my dear babygirl finally out at 2.20pm :) faster than expected to my relief:D
No stitches just a minor slight scratch like tear.

thats my birthstory. Edd 27may born 25may weighing 3058g . Natural with no epi:)
Sleepy baby I have here who latches very reluctantly. still hanging in there!
To mummies who still waiting, jiayoo!
Congrats, zy123!

Really? It can be just because of hormones, it happen to me last time as well.

Btw, I popped last week baby gal. It was fast and easy, natural, no tear, no epi :) Now getting used to new lifestyle :)
congrats Cony dear! haiz..mayb hormones..wad to do.gt to tolerate five yrs before flat comes..sad..

Thank you, Destinee! Don't worry, post natal blues will be over before that ;) do u have conf. lady to help?
my depression kinda jialat..even ping also knw..sigh..MIL doing confinement for me.recently had disagreement wif her.somehw our way of caring for e baby is different.end up hubby quarrel wif her too.so sick and tired.aft confinement,im still stuck in this hse.. :'( i kinda wanna turn back time..sobz

cony

my depression kinda jialat..even ping also knw..sigh..MIL doing confinement for me.recently had disagreement wif her.somehw our way of caring for e baby is different.end up hubby quarrel wif her too.so sick and tired.aft confinement,im still stuck in this hse.. :'( i kinda wanna turn back time..sobz
Oh, no, this is so sad! MIL should not insist on her way of caring for the baby! She's supposed to help, not make things difficult for you(( I understand you completely, my MIL tried to gave me lots of useless advices with my #1, but I asked my hubby to talk to her and it helped. Now with my #2 she doesn't try to be "useful" any more and I'm taking care for my baby by my own way))

Oh, no, this is so sad! MIL should not insist on her way of caring for the baby! She's supposed to help, not make things difficult for you(( I understand you completely, my MIL tried to gave me lots of useless advices with my #1, but I asked my hubby to talk to her and it helped. Now with my #2 she doesn't try to be "useful" any more and I'm taking care for my baby by my own way))
i told my hubby but end up backfired cos he wasnt in a gd mood n scolded her tat day..super drama.MIL likes to listen to those useless advice her sisters told her.precisely!wad else can i do except to tolerate.there is an elder sis in the hse to listen to MIL complains too.Cony,thanks for listening to my unhappiness.. i still cant get out of my post natal box..

Maggiequek

Thanks for the advice! But i have no choice because my parents in law assume i am having confinement at their place so already booked a confinement lady for me months ago. And they want to take care of my baby. Hiaz, they are nice pple just that it is always more cosy staying at mum's place and dont have to put up a smile even when i am in a bad mood.
From my experience, just listen to them with open mind. But if u are not comfortable with their way of handling ur baby, then do it ur own way.
I did my 1st confinement at my mum's plc with a breeze cos we can always be "free" at our own parents plc.
for my 2nd n current confinement. I'm doing it at my inlaws plc as I'm staying with them n my kids are attending Sch near to this plc.
Whatever I think I m right, I will do it my way.
But if they wanna do it their way, just give in.
Cos think about it, confinement is just a month. After our body recover, we don't need to depend on anyone except ourselves :)

take care.

Maggiequek

i told my hubby but end up backfired cos he wasnt in a gd mood n scolded her tat day..super drama.MIL likes to listen to those useless advice her sisters told her.precisely!wad else can i do except to tolerate.there is an elder sis in the hse to listen to MIL complains too.Cony,thanks for listening to my unhappiness.. i still cant get out of my post natal box..
hugs.
It's never easy staying with inlaws, ESP ones who don't know how to respect is as parents to our kids..
I think our hubby's support is very important. Talk to him n tell him ur concern.
I hope he'll be able to help u.

hugs.
It's never easy staying with inlaws, ESP ones who don't know how to respect is as parents to our kids..
I think our hubby's support is very important. Talk to him n tell him ur concern.
I hope he'll be able to help u.
Thank u dear for ur advice.i realli have to close one eye as i have no choice.MIL lookin aft bb when i return to wrk..hubby is supportive but sumtimes stress by me and was so piss off when he said tat if anythg happen in future to my boy,i need to answer to his dad as bb is his only grandson.made me feel lik im just there to give birth n tats all.at times my depression will be back but i try shutting my brain off.its hard but like wad Ping said,my boy needs me.. sigh..

marmalade

Hang in there destinee think at least they are willing to look after than u go find a maid or infant care ...

Living together is not easy but sometimes just close one eye like u said.