EDD September 2013 Mummies

StellaC

ZPF: I also haven't bought baby bottles, sterilizer, baby things like towels/ face cloth/ clothes etc!! Waiting for my hubby to return from his week long stag party trip in BKK before buying. He will go Platinum Mall to get some and we'll top up.

Eeks! Even the hospital bag I also haven't settle.

Has anyone started washing the baby's clothes? How early can we start?
I think I'm very kiasu! I already bought All the baby things as my EDD is 7 Sep. baby clothes, hankies, blankets, bedding, nappies also all washed. Bag also packed.

Sunbeams

Hi mummies, what to pack inside the hospital bag?
Kcws - I also had GDM :( just dectected at almost week 30. Abit late right? Hope not much damage done. FTM so very worried.
Just want to know if we can eat food like pizza? Or like other than brown rice.. Can eat others? Cereal what is good for bkfast? I m so bored of whole meal bread :(
need suggestions!
Thank you.

kcws

Kcws - I also had GDM :( just dectected at almost week 30. Abit late right? Hope not much damage done. FTM so very worried.
Just want to know if we can eat food like pizza? Or like other than brown rice.. Can eat others? Cereal what is good for bkfast? I m so bored of whole meal bread :(
need suggestions!
Thank you.
Sunbeams: I juz did the growth scan yesterday, baby at normal range :) few what a relief. Also meet the dietician after 1 month diet. My weight gain only 300g but they said ok.

don't worry, maybe u juz get GDM recently. Now juz need to monitor the carbohydrate intake will do. Did u buy glucose monitor machine? Doc advise me to test 2 days a week. I can email u the chat if u want.

For breakfast, u can eat 2pakage of whole meal/wheat cracker or 1 small bowl of cornflake + 1 cup low fat milk/ reduce sugar soy milk. They recommend Julie wheat/ Jacob hi-cal/ iron/ fiber cracker or plan cereal. Some time I toast the wholemeal bread n make a sandwich (veg+cheese) Ya, agree that the diet plan very boring :( Just play around with the food lo. But its worth when the doc n dietician say the result good n ask me to keep it on :)
I found Eco Brown's brown rice is nice. Other than that u can eat bee Hun/kuay tiaw soup. I think spaghetti /pizza is fine but don't eat too much. If me I will test the glucose level before n after the food. If 2hrs result fall btwn 5.5 - 7 than is fine. So u will know what food u can take n which cannot.

Also a short walk 15-20min after food is also important as the body will digest the carbohydrate more efficiently. So I always force myself to walk around after eat.

Hope this will help. Cheers :)

ZPF

need suggestions!
Thank you.
Sunbeam, I am so bored with whole meal bread too! So i will change my breakfast menu a bit by cook mee suan with mushroom n veggie for breakfast.

ZPF

I think I'm very kiasu! I already bought All the baby things as my EDD is 7 Sep. baby clothes, hankies, blankets, bedding, nappies also all washed. Bag also packed.
StellaC, you are super efficient! I have not wash my baby clothes yet.. what kind of things put inside the hospital bag? our clothes, baby clothes and food? I heard of some couple brought biscuits to hospital. haha

Sunbeams

Thanks kcws for ur sharing!! :)
appreciate it. Have also pm you.

Apparently there r different grades of whole meal bread! Like 50% or 80%! N bread no matter what contains flour which is carbo..

StellaC

StellaC, you are super efficient! I have not wash my baby clothes yet.. what kind of things put inside the hospital bag? our clothes, baby clothes and food? I heard of some couple brought biscuits to hospital. haha
In the bag, there's the cordlife kit, matenity pads (but I'd check if hospital provide, if they do then I can don't bring), a maternity dress for gOing home, pyjamas, nursing bras, disposable undies, blanket for baby, one set baby clothes for going home, baby cap, baby mittens, nappies, hankies, wet wipes, my own facial foam and moisturiser, dry shampoo, some simple makeup :) I'm thinking I might bring a pillow there too hehe.

Did any mummies also watch "One every minute UK" on cable tv? It's pretty interesting to see how different women respond in labour.

kcws

In the bag, there's the cordlife kit, matenity pads (but I'd check if hospital provide, if they do then I can don't bring), a maternity dress for gOing home, pyjamas, nursing bras, disposable undies, blanket for baby, one set baby clothes for going home, baby cap, baby mittens, nappies, hankies, wet wipes, my own facial foam and moisturiser, dry shampoo, some simple makeup :) I'm thinking I might bring a pillow there too hehe.

Did any mummies also watch "One every minute UK" on cable tv? It's pretty interesting to see how different women respond in labour.
StellaC, where u get the dry shampoo? Which brand n how much?

Sunbeams

StellaC - which channel on tv? See if I have that channel! Ha..
I think I m feeling the Braxton hicks strongly n it's painful. Split second kind of thing?
i really think it is n to think that it will be like 1000 times worst during actual labour scares me!!
i need those pain relief methods! Ha

Sunbeams

Btw! Has anyone bought the Huggies from expo?
stocking up? Didnt managed to go today nor yday :(
maybe if worth to go.. Will go tmr after church! Duno lei.. Hmm

StellaC

StellaC - which channel on tv? See if I have that channel! Ha..
I think I m feeling the Braxton hicks strongly n it's painful. Split second kind of thing?
i really think it is n to think that it will be like 1000 times worst during actual labour scares me!!
i need those pain relief methods! Ha
Its Lifetime, channel 514. I watched it yesterday late afternoon.

yanting

ZPF: I'm having body ache, headache n feel my body not healthy as before pregnant. My SIL having the same, we both think that we not resting well during confinement. Immediate after birth I drank 1 bottle mineral water cos too thirsty. I wash my hair really soon 2-3 days after giving birth. Soon after I feel well I walk around happy taking care of my 1st baby. My mom nag me but I'm thinking of the 'A mo style'. I end up water retention n can't loose weight.

Now I know, we r not 'a mo', the traditional Chinese confinement way had its benefit. Or it juz our subconscious make we feel weak if we don't follow the rules????
My SIL having her 2nd last year n she really well rested n follow the rules especially don't get wind n touch water. N most of all, drink tonic/herb. She regain her health back n her hand no more pain.

i definitely will taking this chance to regain my health. Rest well in bed n ask my mom to prepare tonic/herb water before go to delivery suite :)
That means cannot take shower and wash hair? Or ok to use herbal?

yanting

kcws, may I know any high protein foods suitable for GDM? My result at high end, so my doctor said she won't asked me to do the monitoring at home, but to cut down sugar intake.. And no sweet drinks anymore.. My baby's weight is at low side, need to do another growth scan in two weeks time..

Sunbeams

Yanting - u mean ur sugar level at high end? Do u know the level/ number or something? High in proteins ... Hmm me have been eating more n more veg! Lean meat also good source of protein. Maybe kcws can add on.
If u have high sugar level but baby weight on the low side? That's odd.. Thought usually it goes together..
anyway, glad u r spared the agony of monitoring ... Can be difficult n abit stressful.

How's everyone? I finally finished my renovation and moved. Still have some boxes to unpack.

Anyone going for prenatal massage? Is it good? I had bad water retention from standing so long from the move and unpacking. Now have to prop my leg up on the bed headboard to sleep. But I'll still get leg cramps. Sucks!!

Baby is kicking harder and higher now. Just below my boobs. When do they turn? I'm only 29 weeks.
Try Preg Massage Therapy. they are all well trained.

yanting

Yanting - u mean ur sugar level at high end? Do u know the level/ number or something? High in proteins ... Hmm me have been eating more n more veg! Lean meat also good source of protein. Maybe kcws can add on.
If u have high sugar level but baby weight on the low side? That's odd.. Thought usually it goes together..
anyway, glad u r spared the agony of monitoring ... Can be difficult n abit stressful.
My 2hrs plasma glucose result 139 mg/dL and > 140 mg/dL will be considered gestational diabetes.