EDD Oct 2013

Meowmummy

anyone bought breast pump already? i'm thinking of buying medela freestyle but duno if i shd buy now...anywhere that i can get it cheaper than in the stores? it's so ex...like $699...heart very pain
I just got it at $460, US set from blog shop. email: My Beauty Loft <mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg>; hp:94454828, should hv ex-stocks, i just get it last week.

The difference between US set and Spore Set is the Handfree Kit. Only the US set will have, Spore set don't. But no warranty for US set. Need to get adapter for US set.
This is very important, my friend who just give birth, her arms are aching while pumping milk out, with the Handfree Kit, ur hands are free to do others things.

Meowmummy

Hi Meowmummy, can't PM u cos ur inbox is full. Can I know which hypo birthing class you attended and if you find it useful and worth attending? TIA! :)

Sorry for hijacking.
Hi Crabby,
sorry, now one man show at work. Now got lesser time to check this forum. i went to parentlink. Just finish my classes in Aug.
www.[B]parentlink[/B].org/

Meowmummy

Hihi! i guess we're all counting down the days.

My baby's 2.7kg at 36 weeks. heavy according to my doc. i don wanna talk about my over the moon weight gain..sigh. otherwise all is good, though she's not engaged yet.

About induction - mixed stories la.. during antenatal classes the midwife did say inducing can be counter productive and stall labour in the end (just like other medical interventions), increasing chances of c-sect. i told my gynae i just want to avoid csect. but at the end of the day, the birthing process is so unpredictable and unique for each one of us, it's really hard to plan for!

Meowmummy, take care! more warm water and kiwi/vitamin C.. need to be well to push! Also try to avoid crowds? Just eat in at lunch time for example. when does your maternity leave start?

Personally for me, i just hope baby don't grow too big, and when contractions start, hope to stay at home as long as possible before checking in (you know hospital got a 2nights turnaround time right.. haha. our packages are 3-4 days!) so I am afraid to check in too early, then strap me to a bed and labour stalls, then i think quite jialat.. confirm will have to do augmentation etc and if it doesn't work within the time frame, will be c sect!

Yes yes, stay positive. happy midweek!
Yeah, i m taking more Vit C food, staying away from crowd by lunching in office too. I will start my maternity leave from 18oct onwards. My edd is aro 23oct.
like u, i hope to to get a natural birth also. I submitted my Birth Plan to my gynae, and he is going to act according to my wishes. My baby is getting big suddenly, at week 34, he is around 2.6kg! The time of testing has come, our threshold to endure pain!
what u starting maternity leave start?

TVH

I just got it at $460, US set from blog shop. email: My Beauty Loft <mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg>; hp:94454828, should hv ex-stocks, i just get it last week.

The difference between US set and Spore Set is the Handfree Kit. Only the US set will have, Spore set don't. But no warranty for US set. Need to get adapter for US set.
This is very important, my friend who just give birth, her arms are aching while pumping milk out, with the Handfree Kit, ur hands are free to do others things.
oh wow...ok thanks...shall try beautyloft....$460 really is a huge discount since retail stores are selling freestyle bundle at 799...i've seen freestyle bundle selling for 1039 in some stores too.... -__-

KBH

Hi eileenyoyo,

Caffine reduces birth weight.. (or so i've read from some articles..) i think it worked cos i stopped drinking milk AND increasing caffine intake and baby only grew 100g in 1.5weeks. but then again, i'm already week 37.. so maybe that's why there's a slow down in the growth now.. he's about 2.9kg as of last friday..

hi meowmummy, i tried explaining to the hubs how induction may not be a good choice etc.. but our gynae kinda backed him up when we met last friday.. gynae said it's safe and no impact to baby and also because my baby is in posterior position so regardless of induction or not, i'll be having a looooooong labour and highly likely will need vacuum to suck him out.. so no diff.. and then gynae went on to explain the pros and cons of inducing the baby's birth and coupled with the daily discomfort of vomiting (due to baby against my stomach), Sciatica (baby pressing on spinal nerve which causes my butt muscle to hurt super bad) and baby pressing on pubic bone.. and i have been whining to the hubs.. he wants the baby out and the whining to stop.. so we decided to schedule a date to induce... and thats this thursday... so... i just pray that baby will turn in time to proper position and that the pain won't be THAT extreme...

All the best KBH. try going on all fours for 30 mins at a time to turn baby around? i read from some websites that it'll help get baby to optimal position.

Meowmummy, i'm week 38 now, due 1st wk of october and i've started clearing my leave. Doc say my baby's getting too big for me :( 3.2kg already. this week's check up we'll decide if want to induce or not. or totally no hope to push her out then have to c sect. sigh :(

yah baby gain weight abt 0.2kg per week in the last tri. i nvr put on weight in recent weeks and even ate less but she still grew n grew! healthy baby...but please fit through my pelvis!

yenleesk

Hi thanku82,

In your list item 30, may I know what's the reason to bring marriage cert, bank stm for bb bonus...is it a must to do it in hospital?

babywipes:819621 said:
Weight 2kg at week 33 is good, I scared later baby born too big, will have more stitch.

Shared my swab test experience, my gynea never told me want to do swab test earlier, suddenly he pick up one long stick said want to do swab test, I stunned and think: Wah, so long stick want to poke inside? Before my think ending, my gynea has done the swab test. Haha, really a swab test, luckily he is fast and not informed me, otherwise I will feel scared and embarrassing.

I told my gynea to book me TMC yesterday, he will pass me the pre admission letter next week.

My swab test + prescription to ease contraction S$50.25 (not in package)

I have started to pack partial item, list of item intend to pack:
1. IC
2. admission letter
3. NETS and cash
4. Open button/nursing top
5. Sarung
6. Socks
7. Outfit after discharge from hospital
8. nursing bra
9. disposable panties
10. maternity girdle
11. Breast pad
12. maternity pad
13. Jacket
14. Towel
15. Facial tissue
16. Tooth Brush/paste/mouth wash
17. moisturiser
18. massage lotion
19. wet wipe
20. breast pump
21. Chocolate
22. Slipper
23. Comb
24. Thermal container for red date soup
25. plastic bag
26. Hubby clothes
27. Baby cap
28. camera with charger
29. iphone with charger
30. Marriage cert, citizen cert and bank statement for baby bonus
31. Pen

Yo, too much right.
you forgot:

- hairband (in case u have long fringe or something)
- baby blanket/swaddling cloth
- baby clothes?
- lip balm

babywipes

marriage cert is to register your baby's birth certificate in the hospital. i think they give you 14 days to register @ hospital, after that you will need to go down to ICA @ Lavender to do it.

yenleesk

Thanks babywipes for your reply. Noted with thanks.

babywipes:827123 said:
marriage cert is to register your baby's birth certificate in the hospital. i think they give you 14 days to register @ hospital, after that you will need to go down to ICA @ Lavender to do it.

june83

Hi everyone. I had give birth to my little princess at 17/9/2013 at 2343hrs via c-section. Was having pressure at my pelvis for the whole afternoon. Then hus called mt a at 8something to enquiries whether to admit to hospital anot they ask us to come downnfor observations. Reach mt a at 9.30pm. Check everything. Contractions is 5mins apart. But baby head ie facing upwards. So my gynae decide to c-section me via GA.

Hi everyone. I had give birth to my little princess at 17/9/2013 at 2343hrs via c-section. Was having pressure at my pelvis for the whole afternoon. Then hus called mt a at 8something to enquiries whether to admit to hospital anot they ask us to come downnfor observations. Reach mt a at 9.30pm. Check everything. Contractions is 5mins apart. But baby head ie facing upwards. So my gynae decide to c-section me via GA.
Congrats! Have a good rest!

yenleesk

Congrats to you june83. From now onwards I'm sure got many mummies will share their bundled of joy with us soon. Jiayou ya all Sept/ Oct mummies

june83:827538 said:

eileenyoyo

Congrats June83 with the new addition to your family.
Have plenty of rest.
Take care!

june83:827538 said:
Congratulations June! early surprise! bb cant wait to see d world

MTBs, ytd i had pink color streak on my panty liner (third time since last wk). but wiped toilet paper got nothing. afternn i called obs to query, her nurse say try to rest on bed. last nite i had 7 contractions in an hr, after tat slowly fade away. my edd is 19oct. i can feel my private part, mayb d cervix having discomfort. n increasing wetness at panty liner. does any of u have this feeling?

i think it's the time between 2 contractions.
my gynae advised if it's 5mins apart consistently for 1 hr can go hospital.

btw, how long does a contraction last? i've been experiencing some cramps but never sure if its contractions. while doing CTG scan in gynae's office they already noted im contracting but i dun feel much. hard to keep track of the cramps, they come n go.

am clearing annual leave now. so bored! dont take mat leave too early mummies.

how do you exactly time contractions? from the start of the first to the start of the second?
well i did. initially it's 5 minutes apart. then 15, 20, then 5 min again. lol. so i thought 5 min is something like 12 contractions in 1 hour.
haha... eventually i gave up and ignore as the intensity did not increase. and it's not that pain.