EDD Mar 2014

rachie82

just gotten back my Oscar test result yesterday.. happy with the result . trisomy 21 = 1:11000 , trisomy 18 = 1:26944 ,trisomy 13= 1:84504

tpy

Hi rachie82 u gng by tour gp?
my result was 1:12334, 1:34373 and 1: 28458 forgot to ask abt the adjusted risk shall see my gyne this friday to ask hehe

rachie82

my result was 1:12334, 1:34373 and 1: 28458 forgot to ask abt the adjusted risk shall see my gyne this friday to ask hehe
I believe this is ya adjusted risk result =)

Yeah going by grp tour, hope i gt time to rest rest

chocolicious

I finally got my result back.
but it says for all 3 risk is 1: 11000
Hw cum all of u haf such diff numbers @,@

chocolicious

Sigh really miss Europe! Went to Spain last year and we were planning to do Italy this year but then got pregnant haha. I'm teaching so can only travel in dec.. Some more I'm the kind that loves to walk a lot and do a lot of things on holiday... Especially in Europe. Don't think I have the energy to do all that at 6 months preggy. Now is the best time to travel but got work ): enjoy your trip rachie!!

Allie I love HK! But been there twice in the last two years so we decided to try Taipei this year. I heard ppl who like HK won't like Taipei and vice versa though :x so I hope I enjoy my Taipei trip. Haha. Anyone has recommendations for things to do there?
I love both taipei n hongkong!
Taipei if u haf jus short trips.go for e night markets.esp shilin which is v big n theres a v popular one near e university..lots to eat there.other than that the taipei 101 n theit theme cafes. Lile hello kitty cafe.cars cafe.toilet cafe etc
Ximending is a must go.
Wu fen pu is their wholesaler . beta chk online.there is a day that they close for jus wholesaler to buy.tink mon.
Hope these helps :)

maviss

hey! my EDD is 8 March.
Currently drinking Enfamama, thought of changing to NAN Mom & Me. Any suggestions?
Anyone of us are considering not to BF?

tpy

Hi Maviss i cannot tahan the taste of enfamama lol...Mom & Me is better. Currently i am drinking dumex and taste fine for me. was thinking to buy breast pump during the upcoming baby fairs but i am not sure if i have sufficient breastmilk to even pump out the milk or will tahan bf for 1 yr or not...thinking to get sec hand pumps or borrow from friends.

I actually have a fren wanted to lend me ... but after considering ... wat if I use 1/2way the motor spoil or sth? Den I still hv to buy new one return? So decided to grab the good offers in the Baby Market. I also was worried that my milk not enuff ... but with the $$ invested .. wilk make sure I persevere. Serve as a form of motivation.

tpy:829120 said:
Hi Maviss i cannot tahan the taste of enfamama lol...Mom & Me is better. Currently i am drinking dumex and taste fine for me. was thinking to buy breast pump during the upcoming baby fairs but i am not sure if i have sufficient breastmilk to even pump out the milk or will tahan bf for 1 yr or not...thinking to get sec hand pumps or borrow from friends.

tpy

I actually have a fren wanted to lend me ... but after considering ... wat if I use 1/2way the motor spoil or sth? Den I still hv to buy new one return? So decided to grab the good offers in the Baby Market. I also was worried that my milk not enuff ... but with the $$ invested .. wilk make sure I persevere. Serve as a form of motivation.
oh my friend told me can go and service the breast pump b4 we use, they can help to clean the milk stuck inside too. She was telling me the svc fee was quite cheap like 80 dollars.
Baby mkt Medela electronic breast pump usual price was 799 and offer price will be 599. Not sure which r other gd breast pumps other than medela.

Last edited:
I tink good or not really depends on individual. The baby market's deal for swing maxi is really too good to miss. Haha.

tpy:829166 said:
oh my friend told me can go and service the breast pump b4 we use, they can help to clean the milk stuck inside too. She was telling me the svc fee was quite cheap like 80 dollars.
Baby mkt Medela electronic breast pump usual price was 799 and offer price will be 599. Not sure which r other gd breast pumps other than medela.

maviss

i see! i just got the samples from NAN! very impressed! they send me the whole tin!
i see i see!! i think borrow better unless you intend to have many kids then buy more worth it. hahaha! :)

maviss

wah!! if im like you got strong motivation, will be good. but i dont think i will be able to make it )):

jadeite

the summary figures different for everyone cuz the ratio is dependent on the baby's development... everyone will have different figures. it merely represents how likely your child is to have certain problems I think... so the higher the second number, the safer your baby is.

choco thanks for the taipei info!! will definitely check it out :)

I got two sample packs of similac mum when I went to the gynae, their promoter was wandering around the clinic giving out samples and things. my friend says she drank before and it tastes terrible :x so I don't think I will drink any of the powdered milk... too used to the taste of fresh milk alr even though I grew up on dumex powdered milk haha. anyway doc told me that as long as you're taking the pregnancy supplements with folic acid and all, fresh milk is good enough.

I'm also aiming for the Medela Swing Maxi...I don't have any friends who have pumps willing to pass or sell to me... most of them are planning to have #2 or still using their pumps for #1.. and I am reluctant to buy from people that I don't know. heard the swing is better than freestyle as freestyle has low suction power.

I was also told not to buy car seat second hand because you never know if the car seat has been in accident before and the safety could be compromised... so will be looking for a car seat at baby market too :) hopefully maxi cosi or cybex, to fit onto my gelite stroller...

LH779

wow seems like you mummies really plan far ahead. already jot down what to buy etc... I hasn't even clear the room meant for BB.
we have a spare room and my hubby had been treating it as his own personal storage place and it's really really pack with all his collections. without a clear room i seriously don't know what to buy, cos don't have place to keep. (hubby used the entire storeroom also!!).

BTW just curious, is it a must to drink milk? cos so far i tried a few brand of fresh milk, UHT milk, but I can't seems to stand any of it. so now i've been drinking soya milk. mainly drink milk is for the calcium intake right? soya milk also have calcium hor?? any issue i have with soya milk is, also cannot drink too much, cos scare later have excess uric acid also not good. I'm really quite afraid of milk, cos i'm also a little lactose intolerant.

maviss

wow seems like you mummies really plan far ahead. already jot down what to buy etc... I hasn't even clear the room meant for BB.
we have a spare room and my hubby had been treating it as his own personal storage place and it's really really pack with all his collections. without a clear room i seriously don't know what to buy, cos don't have place to keep. (hubby used the entire storeroom also!!).

BTW just curious, is it a must to drink milk? cos so far i tried a few brand of fresh milk, UHT milk, but I can't seems to stand any of it. so now i've been drinking soya milk. mainly drink milk is for the calcium intake right? soya milk also have calcium hor?? any issue i have with soya milk is, also cannot drink too much, cos scare later have excess uric acid also not good. I'm really quite afraid of milk, cos i'm also a little lactose intolerant.
my doc didnt say its a must to drink because he got provide calcium pills as well, so maybe you dont have to drink it everyday or you can tell your doc about it maybe can increase the dosage for your calcium pills.

jadeite

LH you can take calcium pills instead?

yeah we are trying to get some stuff now cuz we wanna see what 2nd hand stuff we can get first that we won't need to buy. so far got a lot of baby clothes, newborn diapers, stroller. just put in my master bedroom first... it's messy but no choice until we clear out the baby room haha! plus with the baby market and good prices coming up, wanna see what we can get there to save $$. babies are really expensive -_-" so must take stock of the 2nd hand stuff so that we don't have to spend too much $$.

especially for things like newborn clothes, they grow out of them so quickly so it's a bit of a waste of money to buy. some more friends and relatives will give a lot of presents, so really no need except for maybe one or two really nice pieces for special occasions like 1 month party, baptism, temple blessing etc