EDD Mar 2014

allie

The one I got is the Mothercare Sleep Zone Body pillow. It is a long pillow that has 3 segments (easier to bend to fit different postures). Normal retail price: S$132. But I'm sure there are other brands out there with similar product that serves the same purpose.

Attachments

Janechin

Ohhhhhhhhh! I saw that pillow on one of the online stores that will be selling that type of pillow at next weeks fair! Will find out their booth number n inform mummies! Looks comfortable!

jadeite

I just saw the pregnancy pillow available at Kiddy Palace... didn't see the price though. The one I'm using also cost about $130.

Panic

Anyone visited the baby fair at Suntec City level 4?
i went on Saturday evening, bought the Phillips Avent single motorized milk pump and 2 sets of small and 2 sets of medium milk bottle..
Got Malay massage at $38 per session, never sign up, cheap or not?

Janechin

Hi Panic, i think a lot of us waiting for the baby fair at expo this week to buy... Baby bellies doing 1 for 1 offer there and also Philips Avent partnering with Puku and giving more free gifts.

went down to suntec but left in 10 mins

jo1402

Its still good u r able to pass gas out.....constipation actually is not a problem since u can pass gas out....the only thing u can do for constipation is u can go see ur gynae or gp. They will give u some mild laxatives for u to go toilet......or u can try fybogel if ur cpnstipation not too bad
Hi Phoebii,

I'm trying to eat more fruits, drink fruit juice and Yakult lor... I think Yakult helps =) Just hope the constipation wouldn't get worse

LH779

For constipation, another remedy that works well for me is to eat papaya. you may want to try.
Also if you are taking fybogel, remember to drink a lot more water. cos last time i drank, but did not increase my water, it seems to make it worse.

BTW I have this issue of no wanted to drink plain water. Cause nowadays just don't like to taste of plain water. Do you all know of any drinks that is non cooling and non heaty. Those that I know of is either cooling or heaty.
had been boiling longan tea, then when i wan to boil barley, luo han gou etc all these are cooling so not suitable :(

feel that my body really heaty now, cos whatever i eat gives me a bitter taste and according to a TCM doc, that's because I'm too heaty.

tpy

Anyone visited the baby fair at Suntec City level 4?
i went on Saturday evening, bought the Phillips Avent single motorized milk pump and 2 sets of small and 2 sets of medium milk bottle..
Got Malay massage at $38 per session, never sign up, cheap or not?
Hi Panic,

the malay massage at 38 dollars is for post or pre natal? I have asked a few malay and Chinese ML and most quote bet 50 to 70 dollars per session for post natal massage

Panic

Hi Panic,

the malay massage at 38 dollars is for post or pre natal? I have asked a few malay and Chinese ML and most quote bet 50 to 70 dollars per session for post natal massage
hi TPY,

is a Javanese per-natal massage, at $39 per session(1hr), it is the trial session offered by Babies Bellies Javanese Massage. But to enjoy the offer must sign up at the baby fair.

whimsymummy

After taking the prenatal vits, I got constipation.
Hi, you can try taking prune juice. I had some pink spotting when I had constipation and was straining during bowel movement so my gynae suggested prune juice and it helps. Hope you feel better soon!

jadeite

another thing you can do is to put a small stool under your feet when you go to the toilet... human body is not made to shit sitting down. Hospitals actually recommend you to squat, if can't squat cuz v uncomfortable, use a stool to prop your feet up, or lean forward when you are on the toilet bowl. just those small stools the ah mas use to sit on and scrub clothes kind... it really helps me. actually long term sitting while shitting can cause bowel issues.

Layla0401

Can anyone feel the baby yet? I'm at 15 weeks + 2 days, and was bending over in my seat to change my work shoes to slippers, and felt two finger taps in lower abdomen. I'm pretty sure it wasn't gas or any muscle spasms. Most online pregnancy literature state that fetal movements can be first felt between 16-22 weeks, so this might be it! :)

Last edited:

jo1402

yes can feel and its normal! i also felt movements and slight kicks at week 15 too.
Really can feel? But how diff are these from the usual feelings at the belly? Recently I only feel discomfort at the belly when I'm stressed at work -_-

jadeite

I don't feel anything yet ): although I'm only 14 weeks plus so hopefully in the next two weeks can feel! It's so exciting! Happy for mummies who can feel bb already!

tpy

Really can feel? But how diff are these from the usual feelings at the belly? Recently I only feel discomfort at the belly when I'm stressed at work -_-
feeling is like bubbles popping or popcorn popping continuously. past few weeks only can feel more when i lied on the bed but today at work i could feel the movements for 2 hrs. you will feel bb is moving eg left side slight kick then stop a while then rite side etc. i would think lie down on a bed and stay focus, you would be able feel it more:)

jadeite

I wanted to donate cord blood actually...but I also want to do delayed cord clamping...and it seems that the two things are not compatible. :(

Delayed Cord Clamping - How Delayed Cord Clamping Significantly Benefits Your Baby for those who are interested in reading about delayed cord clamping. it's only 2-3 mins so it's a small waiting time only.

Also have been chatting to other mummy friends who are delivering soon...really hope you ladies have discussed your decisions for birthing with your gynae even though you may think it's quite early. but my friend is v upset with gynae cuz she keeps pushing for c-sect, and says that if she wants natural then she doesn't want to let my friend get epidural. and since my friend is due next week, it's too late to change gynae alr... so best to make sure your gynae will agree with certain decisions you want, so that if you want to change gynae, it's not too late!

jo1402

feeling is like bubbles popping or popcorn popping continuously. past few weeks only can feel more when i lied on the bed but today at work i could feel the movements for 2 hrs. you will feel bb is moving eg left side slight kick then stop a while then rite side etc. i would think lie down on a bed and stay focus, you would be able feel it more:)
Oh, bubbles popping or popcorn popping? Hmm, will try to look out for these sensations =) I'm starting on my 15th week this week. Last nite felt a "flip flop" sensation at lower abdomen while watching tv, wonder if this is the same as bb movement?