EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

Honey, I get to do ultrasound scan every visit... With the pic to take home. This one is the 20 week detailed scan, also called anomaly scan... It's like regular ultrasound but much more detailed, can view baby's organs etc like what you said. can't wait to confirm baby gender! I know not all gynae will give their patients the pic to take home for regular ultrasound every month but mine will give...

Rachie, amazing yours so fast! Baby must have been in optimal position... Thanks tpy and honey for info. Heard from a lot of people that it took quite long wor. Anyone else who did scan at TMC lab at 4th floor?

zhumei

I had brought a big tub of yogurt. Hope it help. Thanks for the advise :)
Hi, i also have the same problem... keep recurring.. so besides eating yogurt, take note of sugar food.. like sweets or even sweetened yogurt. buy those yogurt non sweeten one even rice or noodles will also cause it. not saying totally dun eat but cut down... and u will see a difference! i am crossing my fingers as it has stopped for a while

zhumei

Honey, I get to do ultrasound scan every visit... With the pic to take home. This one is the 20 week detailed scan, also called anomaly scan... It's like regular ultrasound but much more detailed, can view baby's organs etc like what you said. can't wait to confirm baby gender! I know not all gynae will give their patients the pic to take home for regular ultrasound every month but mine will give...

Rachie, amazing yours so fast! Baby must have been in optimal position... Thanks tpy and honey for info. Heard from a lot of people that it took quite long wor. Anyone else who did scan at TMC lab at 4th floor?
I did the scan at TMC lab at 4th floor but because I did on 1st Nov - the day before deepavali, it was jam pack and i was late for 15 min but because i missed my timing, i waited for 2 hours -.- so don't be late ok? my friend wasn't late and waited 30 min to get in to do the detailed scan. so u buffer that waiting time but weekends, more people.

meanwhile, baby was very good... was in all the positions for us to scan. it took about 20 to 30 min. my friend went before me the same day took 45 min coz they need to take certain measurements and depends on your baby positions.

they will see your placenta position, baby fingers, legs, spine, heartbeat (especially), lips, nose, heart chambers (the blue and red blood flow), the brain, head size (make sure it's not too big else filled with water and not good), bones make sure it's properly grown, kidneys, lungs and of coz, the gender :p

my baby girl open her legs this time and can see the XX part. haha they label it as "XX"

oh and TMC lab will give u the results almost immediately for gynae to review and you are done! the report will mention about amniotic fluid too so not too worry.

they will take photos of kidneys, lungs, side view, placenta, heart and also the XX part for your keepsake in A4 size paper :)

it's enjoyable to see your little one doing all the actions and playing inside you then you will think it's not only when you can feel it, it's moving. it's ACTIVE AND MOVING ALL THE TIME!

Taboo

Im on time for the scan but still waited for half hr for my turn. My scan took ard 15 mins to complete.. lucky my ger is co-operative and all parts can be seen. Sonographer wouldnt reveal anything abt the scan. They will pass you the report and yr gynea will review.:)

Last edited:

LH779

my 20 weeks scan like got no review one leh. went for the scan at Mt A probably wait like 5 mins, i arrive on time just spend some time to register. then the sonographer is available already. the scan took like 20-30 mins, and sonographer will tell me wat she is scaning along the way. then 1 week later my gynae just say my scan is OK so pass me the scan copy. i guess my gynae is those got problem will say, no problem then not much update kind, which i'm fine with it lah.

OK Jade - then probably i may stick to the container, cos too much plastic bag like not too 'huan bao'

myln02

Hi, i also have the same problem... keep recurring.. so besides eating yogurt, take note of sugar food.. like sweets or even sweetened yogurt. buy those yogurt non sweeten one even rice or noodles will also cause it. not saying totally dont eat but cut down... and you will see a difference! i am crossing my fingers as it has stopped for a while
I already try cut down on my sugar intake. For rice, I also try to eat less but hubby always say I am eating for 2 so get me to eat more. Anyway still monitoring. This few days discharge is lesser. Fingers cross too! Btw anyone care to share whats the weight for baby? Mine weight 492g at 21weeks. Dr said everything is good and normal. Did not mention that baby is big but I did a google and found that mostly around 20week baby should weigh around 300plus gram. How about you girls ?

tpy

my baby gal at 21 week is 357g the sonographer supervisor said wow shd be easy to deliver coz baby is small :( but i goggle on internet is within normal range.
Mylin yours i think is like overweight(not v sure but u can goggle for more info:)) and maybe at later stage ur gyne will ask u to control your diet like what my friend faced. she could only eat yong tau fu without any rice or noodle.

myln02

my baby gal at 21 week is 357g the sonographer supervisor said wow should be easy to deliver coz baby is small :( but i goggle on internet is within normal range.
Mylin yours i think is like overweight(not very sure but you can goggle for more info:)) and maybe at later stage your gyne will ask you to control your diet like what my friend faced. she could only eat yong tau fu without any rice or noodle.
Wow all at ard 300g plus. I think I should start cutting dwn my food intake. I will check it out with my gynae on next visit. The previous visit I asked him,he say everything is normal. I scare too big hard to give birth.

Last edited:

jadeite

Checked online for fetal weight chart, 10th percentile is 331g, 90th percentile is 467. Between 10 and 90% is considered normal, average is 367g. Guess it's not so good for you to cut food intake also, just eat healthily and less fat and sugar? If doctor says you're okay, maybe baby's growth will slow over this month and even out next month. Better for baby to be healthy than you cut food without doctor knowing and can harm baby's health also...maybe you can call your gynae to reconfirm this.

tpy

mylin my friends were telling me when going to deliver maybe one or two weeks before baby weight will increase v fast too.

myln02

Checked online for fetal weight chart, 10th percentile is 331g, 90th percentile is 467. Between 10 and 90% is considered normal, average is 367g. Guess it's not so good for you to cut food intake also, just eat healthily and less fat and sugar? If doctor says you're okay, maybe baby's growth will slow over this month and even out next month. Better for baby to be healthy than you cut food without doctor knowing and can harm baby's health also...maybe you can call your gynae to reconfirm this.
Thanks for the info ! Actually I put on weight fast for the first trimester then now its slow down. So it might balance out eventually. Ok i will just eat healthily instead of cutting down the food intake. Thanks for the advise. Its good to share info here :)

lltan

Hi Iitan , ur gal is just lighter abit than mine. Did gynae say anything about the weight? I read mostly gal will be heavier than boy.
lol..my gynae say bb weight is within normal range :) i dun eat alot...i dun eat for 2..just moderation..hehe.

LH779

@ 21 weeks my boy is nearly 400g and gynae say he's not overly big, still normal.

BUT I put on a lot of weight loh!! i think from normal till now my weight gain is like 8-9kg!!! I'm really really shock when I went for my check-up. I don't have a scale at home, so only get to weigh at the hospital or gynae place. I can't seems to control my eating i feel. is like when i'm eating, i dun feel like eating. When i'm not eating, i feel hungry. It seems like my BB super like carbo staff, cause I can simply eat rice without any meat or vege, cause sometime eating meat or vege i don't really feel like having them. So now i'm really trying to cut down on the rice/noodles and eat more meat, fish, vege.

jadeite

Actually everyone is telling me my tummy is v small for 21 weeks... Hmm... Shall see what the result is tomorrow and how heavy (or light) baby is. We are considered 5 months pregnant now right?