EDD Mar 2014

Taboo

oh noo.. mayb I will ask my gynae tml when I see him for review...

1st time mummie tummy will look smaller esp if you expecting boy.

mine is #2 n is a girl, I tink I look like 6-7mth preggy as compared to my #1 time. :err:
Hehe.. Me too... No 2 tummy is much bigger..

Eleanor

oh noo.. mayb I will ask my gynae tml when I see him for review...

1st time mummie tummy will look smaller esp if you expecting boy.

mine is #2 n is a girl, I tink I look like 6-7mth preggy as compared to my #1 time. :err:
Really? i'm expecting a boy...and i'm first time..maybe that's why..
But i thought baby boy will be bigger than girl?

jadeite

Haha rachie playpen is cheaper... But cot can convert to toddler bed!

Went for detailed scan today - aiyo, really super long. Stayed in the hospital for 5.5 hours!! Appt at 11am but only got to see the technician at 1pm then baby refused to turn and show spine and heart.. So had to come back after the tech lunch break at 2pm. 2.30 got in again and baby showed spine but absolutely would not shift to show the heart... Aargh!! Had to go in a third time, after I hid in the toilet and really jiggling and rubbing tummy and begging baby to move... Drank 5 cups of ice water... Finally at 4.30 baby decided to shift!!

Confirmed is a baby girl, and she weighs estimated 440gm :x so I also have a fat baby even tho tummy is small.. I put on 4kg alr during this pregnancy!

rachie82

Went for detailed scan today - aiyo, really super long. Stayed in the hospital for 5.5 hours!! Appt at 11am but only got to see the technician at 1pm then baby refused to turn and show spine and heart.. So had to come back after the tech lunch break at 2pm. 2.30 got in again and baby showed spine but absolutely would not shift to show the heart... Aargh!! Had to go in a third time, after I hid in the toilet and really jiggling and rubbing tummy and begging baby to move... Drank 5 cups of ice water... Finally at 4.30 baby decided to shift!!

Confirmed is a baby girl, and she weighs estimated 440gm :x so I also have a fat baby even tho tummy is small.. I put on 4kg alr during this pregnancy!

Wah tats very long woh. But at least nw u know everything turns out fine for ya bb ger.

Cos i am shifting house in 2 yrs time so i tot of buying just a simple cot/playpen then when i shift house then change to a proper bed for bb.

jadeite

quicksand: girl (2nd time mummy) - 3 Mar
myln02: girl (first time mummy) - 3 Mar
maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar

yellow: girl - 7 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar
angies: boy (first time mummy) - 9 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
Xinyu: girl - 14 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
AnxiousMama: girl (first time mummy) - 16 Mar
lltan: prob girl (first time mummy) - 17 Mar
eleanor: boy (first time mummy) - 20 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: girl - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
Melody: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
karmene: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: girl - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
marchbabe: prob girl - 28 Mar
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
tpy: girl

zhumei

Confirmed is a baby girl, and she weighs estimated 440gm :x so I also have a fat baby even tho tummy is small.. I put on 4kg already during this pregnancy!
Congrats jadeite!!! To a baby girl!

Wah so long even it's a weekday? At least all is well and u finally went for detailed scan!
u drink so much water? If your gynae feel it's ok then as long both baby and mummy ok then shld be fine I guess

zhumei

Wah tats very long woh. But at least nw u know everything turns out fine for ya bb ger.

Cos i am shifting house in 2 yrs time so i tot of buying just a simple cot/playpen then when i shift house then change to a proper bed for bb.

Good thought! I also haven decide which one coz I am in the same situation w u... Moving house in 2 years time.

But play pen is very low, can't adjust the height correct? Have to keep bending down to attend to baby is bad for back.

Mayb buy a cheap cot ?

jadeite

Haha Zhumei it's those really small cups... The cups from the free water dispenser in the waiting room. Actually shld drink more water before ultrasound, the tech mentioned that the water will help the ultrasound be clearer!

Oh the Graco pack and play pen is adjustable, my friend has it.

Last edited:

jo1402

Haha Zhumei it's those really small cups... The cups from the free water dispenser in the waiting room. Actually shld drink more water before ultrasound, the tech mentioned that the water will help the ultrasound be clearer!

Oh the Graco pack and play pen is adjustable, my friend has it.
Ahh... I have the same dilemma! But I also find play pen either too low or too high. Think baby can climb over when she can stand up.. Thinking of cot bed but rather bulky and not cheap too...Maybe recce at OG and IKEA.... I saw Spring Maternity and Mothercare cots are ultra pricey....

LH779

am thinking of letting baby to sleep with me on the bed then hubby get a mattress and sleep on the floor. Cause getting a mattress is probably cheaper and can last longer then a baby cot or playpen. A bit regret now we did not get a king size bed so that the 3 of us can fit onto it. Anyone tot of sharing bed with Baby? I saw those 'basket' looking type of bassinet where it's for you to place on your bed for BB to sleep close to you. It seems small to me, so probably can only like last < 6 months. is it worth getting?

jadeite

I don't dare to co-sleep cuz babies can suffocate with pillows and blankets...another option is to put the cot next to your bed with one side removed and sandwiched tight between the wall and your bed so that the cot can't move. then baby sleeps in the cot but it's like an extension of your bed... but still safe since baby will have her own bedding and won't be squished by you by accident. I have friends who can co-sleep successfully, but I just don't dare to do so cuz accidents can easily happen I feel.

I am getting the basket/bassinet from my friend to put in my bedroom for the first few months, so that it's not so far to walk to bf at night. daytime baby will sleep in her own crib in the room.