EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

Actually is it necessary to use bf pillow... Normal cushions and pillow cannot? My mother said last time no such thing as bf pillow so they just use normal ones. Also if you have bought pregnancy pillow, it can be used as bf pillow.

If your mil can't cook confinement food, now there are a lot of places catering confinement food every day! Just google for confinement food. Even have trial to taste the food if you want.

lltan

Yah i heard of catered confinement food...but i want my MIL to learn from the confinement lady...then if i have 2nd bb, she can cook and i dun hv to engage one..lol :p

Actually is it necessary to use bf pillow... Normal cushions and pillow cannot? My mother said last time no such thing as bf pillow so they just use normal ones. Also if you have bought pregnancy pillow, it can be used as bf pillow.

If your mil can't cook confinement food, now there are a lot of places catering confinement food every day! Just google for confinement food. Even have trial to taste the food if you want.

Eleanor

Oh yea..another option would be to order the catered food...cos my mil willing to take care of the baby..just that for confinement food i dont think she knows how to cook it..

jadeite

Here are some of the sites my friend and I researched before...almost all sites also have early bird discount if you order in advance.

http://confinement-meals.com
- no trial, 28 day lunch + dinner $1379

http://www.natalessentials.com
- got trial, 28 day lunch + dinner $1588

http://www.chillipadi.com.sg
- no trial, 28 day lunch + dinner $1568

http://newbaby.com.sg
- got trial, 28 day lunch + dinner $1600

http://thomsonbaby.com
- got trial, 28 day lunch + dinner $1980

All meals are for mummy only. Thomson baby has add on father's meals though, must pay extra.

jo1402

Actually why normal pillow cannot ah. My mom said in their time no such thing as bf pillow, just use cushions or normal pillows! Haha! Anyway my pregnancy pillow can also be used for feeding so likely won't get a bf pillow..
Ohh.. maybe =) haha i wait and see

tpy

any good recommendation of salons doing Brazilian wax b4 our delivery? How long before EDD shd we go for it?

jadeite

I have a package with Honeypot... but you must ask for the experienced girls, don't let them give you the new girls. Can ask for Cavy or Kim at the Takashimaya branch. I do mine every 6-7 weeks... just hope that it coincides before my EDD lo hahah. usually regrowth is within 1.5 weeks so as near your EDD as possible I guess... if you're doing first time wax, regrowth can be quite itchy for you

LH779

TPY - it can be a bit weird if it's for first time, but I don't find it painful.
hasn't done it for a long time already. BTW any of you have rashes at 'that' area? I think i have some, cos it's a bit itchy. i suspect cause i'm easily getting hot and sweaty during pregnancy so that's why that area got rash, but so far I didn't tell my gynae about it, cos at bit pai seh to ask :p

jadeite

without package it's $63.. it's called the Hollywood I think. with package I pay only $48 per session... v worth it. Some more I share with my bestie so we finish package quite fast...

Strip salon is $62 but I've never tried before. I don't like Pink Parlour cuz the girls are all not v good and service also not great. So sad though my regular waxer at Honeypot also got pregnant same time as me and returned to Malaysia... sobs!! but those two girls Cavy and Kim are also not bad.

haha LH I also don't find it painful.. maybe built up tolerance already. haha. you can try wearing more breathable cotton panties with skirts/dresses... don't wear synthetic fabrics and pants. won't be so hot and sweaty!

Last edited:

milkmybaby

milkmybaby organic latation cookies

Hi all mums to be,

Congratulations to all of you. Wishing all of you a smooth delivery.
First step is to ensure that you can BF ur LO exclusively. And this is where we can help you.
Check us out on facebook. We are called milkmybaby.
Have a great weekend.

Layla0401

I go to Strip but have not been there for a long while coz no time. In the 3 years or so that I've been there, no bad experiences - maybe it was extra painful once but that was probably because I had let too long pass from the prior session.

I got another "fat" baby too (450g acc to gynae, 435g acc to sonographer at FA scan at 21w +3d), put on 3kg in 1 month which is a lot since I managed to keep around the same weight since start of pregnancy. But sonographer was nonplussed and said that 435g was about 45th percentile. As long as we're eating healthily, baby's weight should be fine. Besides, these numbers are not super accurate. I waited 15 min for FA, took about 45min for the scan because baby was super active (probably too happy from a nice lunch) and sonographer also managed to go through body parts with hubby and I. Came back 1h later to pick up results - 2 copies signed by a doc which I presume I have to give my gynae at next appt and she will explain, but from what I read all seems good. I also got a CD but haven't checked what's inside.

Last edited:

tpy

I m now at week 23 n Juz seen my gyne bb weigh 661g two weeks ago during the detailed scan was 357g. Yeah yeah yeah hope bb continues to gain more weight!

jo1402

Ya I was surprised too n eating durians really will make the bb weight rise faster for my case.
I heard from a cousin that durian will make the bb's weight increase fast. So if too light towards the end, the mummy can eat some durian. But not too much too.