EDD Mar 2014

rachie82

actually i just use a document clip (those black ones) to clip the seat belt at the belly area. The top part across the chest is still tight.
with the bump belt, it feels comfy, I don feel the tightness. else every time I will be adjusting the seatbelt. keke

jadeite

Taboo I think I will also be donating to the public cord bank but I will speak to my gynae abt letting the cord finish pumping all the blood into baby first. If he says no diff then I will donate...

flowerie123

jadeite, do update us what's your gynae view on that?
I read the article that not clamping the cord immediately after delivery actually helps the baby in certain ways, the nutrients, oxygen etc.
Will also check with my gynae on that.

jadeite

my next appointment is one month's time so quite far away...

saw online that by now 22 weeks can hear baby's heartbeat with stethoscope. I borrowed my friend's stethoscope to hear but can't hear anything leh. hahah. only my own heart! but baby is definitely active and kicking... so maybe I just can't find the right spot.

anyone went for the Mt Alvernia parentcraft lessons already? My hubba thought we should go but according to the website, it's mostly on labor and childbirth, I thought it would have more info about newborn care like bathing and feeding. Is the delivery info in the class really worth it? I would like to sign up if it's really useful, if not can just read stuff online.

website is here: https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/parentcraft/

tpy

i have booked for the Mt A parentcraft lessons which will start in Jan. At 1st i was also thinking whether shd i go or not but if i don't go i am worried that i might feel stress as i know nothing abt the labor and childbirth lol. Next time when we are having our second baby we don't have to attend the classes again.

Taboo

I checked with my gynea regarding the clamping of cord, he mention that he will clamp fast. Too much blood flow to bb will cause jaundice. He also mention that asian bb jaundice level is much higher compare to western bb. Sound kinda weird...:embarrassed: My no 1 does has slight jaundice.

Last edited:

jadeite

Ya it does lead to slightly higher risk of jaundice but the increased haemoglobin and iron level supposed to outweigh the risk of jaundice. Since bb likely to get jaundice anyway...

If gynae wants to clamp quickly, nvm la still can donate cord blood. So either way still ok for me.

zhumei

i have booked for the Mt A parentcraft lessons which will start in Jan. At 1st i was also thinking whether shd i go or not but if i don't go i am worried that i might feel stress as i know nothing abt the labor and childbirth lol. Next time when we are having our second baby we don't have to attend the classes again.
same here!!I signed up for the weekends one in Jan. i will c there then :) i scare too late though because 15 Feb then will end.

i sent them via email but have not receive their acknowledgement

zhumei

my next appointment is one month's time so quite far away...

saw online that by now 22 weeks can hear baby's heartbeat with stethoscope. I borrowed my friend's stethoscope to hear but can't hear anything leh. hahah. only my own heart! but baby is definitely active and kicking... so maybe I just can't find the right spot.

anyone went for the Mt Alvernia parentcraft lessons already? My hubba thought we should go but according to the website, it's mostly on labor and childbirth, I thought it would have more info about newborn care like bathing and feeding. Is the delivery info in the class really worth it? I would like to sign up if it's really useful, if not can just read stuff online.

website is here: https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/parentcraft/
I think for first child, it's better to go. I have friends who told me they regretted not going because it teaches on how to manage child birth and breast feeding. i thought i saw: Infant feeding
Importance of breastfeeding & bonding
Bathing and care of your newborn
therefore, i think it should be sufficient. the other things have to read up and ON THE JOB training liaoz.

zhumei

Oh I see. so interesting after reading that clamping the cord got impact on jaundice and also oxygen and nutrients.

i will ask my gynae about it and read up online.

I have decided to go for stem cord and sign up for ladies card at Mt A.

tpy

same here!!I signed up for the weekends one in Jan. i will c there then :) i scare too late though because 15 Feb then will end.

i sent them via email but have not receive their acknowledgement

They called me yesterday to ask the 1st lesson i want it to be on 30th Dec (Mon) or 3 Jan(fri) i chose Mon thereafter will be all on weekends liao hehe. U wait for the call ba.

myln02

I just went for my scan. Baby weight 800g at 25week plus. Dr say is normal although i google the range normally is 700g. My yeast infection is back again and dr told me nothing i can do. He say is quite common. 1/3 of the woman will get it. Since i have it on off during my pregnancy,he is not giving anymore anitibiotic tablet. He say it will goes off after i deliver. I ask him whether it will affect my baby development,he say the only thing will happen might be having a preterm labor. :(

zhumei

I just went for my scan. Baby weight 800g at 25week plus. Dr say is normal although i google the range normally is 700g. My yeast infection is back again and dr told me nothing i can do. He say is quite common. 1/3 of the woman will get it. Since i have it on off during my pregnancy,he is not giving anymore anitibiotic tablet. He say it will goes off after i deliver. I ask him whether it will affect my baby development,he say the only thing will happen might be having a preterm labor. :(
oic.. i also got yeast infection again.. sigh...

comes and goes..

u mean it will cause preterm labour?!

myln02

oic.. i also got yeast infection again.. sigh...

comes and goes..

u mean it will cause preterm labour?!
Yes, that's what dr say.Chances are higher but I won't worry much. Nothing we can do. He just say it might cause but not 100% also.

i also have recurrent yeast infection. worse still, i had strep B infection couple of months back... if you smell anything fishy (i mean literally!) inform your doc!

Taboo

I do have quite bad yeast infection during my first pregnancy. For this pregnancy, so far so good even with lots of discharge. Duno if each pregnancy is different?

zhumei

I just read up on strep B infection - seems rather serious!

Yeast infection usually come with a smell i thought?

Taboo > yes, i think every pregnancy is different though i am a first time mum but mummies told me, every child give different pregnancy experience