EDD May 2014 (maybe)

miso

Hi hi, long time din log in here to read up. Haha... Been busy with work. Went for my appt last sat and bb is now 1.3kg!! Omg... But gynae seem to hint that bb is on the small side as she told me to not work so hard. I was 28 weeks when i saw my gynae on Sat.

Anyway, i'm planning to start prenatal yoga this week as i am having problems with my back. Last night, my hips hurt so bad i couldn't sleep. Sigh... I thought this only happens near due date? I have no idea as i'm a first time mum.

My MIL will be doing confinement for me. Likely she will also be taking care of bb for me when i return to work after my maternity leave ends.

Jia you to all mummies!! Let's continue to chug along. May is nearing!

mrsjlim

Hi mummies , this is the link for average bb sizes
Pls take a look:)
http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Charchia, so you're an ex pre-school educator... Must be very fun and rewarding to be seeing all the cute kids in school daily last time! Though they can also be super noisy and irritating... Hehehe!

I didn't check on the school belief, cos I feel they are all the same. The type of teachers, we will not be able to know unless we talk to them or see them conduct the classes right? The curriculum, I also have no idea how to compare.

When I visited the schools, I only see how the teachers conduct the class, how the students behave/how attentive are they (that'll show if the class is interesting), and of course, the environment.

My observations:
Lorna Whiston - Clean, neat and very tidy environment. I saw 2-3 cleaners constantly cleaning the school compound. Teachers were engaging and students were enjoying and paying attention to the teachers.
Chiltern House - Saw 2 students fell down and teachers weren't attentive.
Mindchamps - There were water droplets on the floor. Meals have to be taken in the classrooms, not separated like Lorna Whiston. The principal and teachers were not friendly and interactive enough.

Seems like Lorna Whiston is my first choice... Do you mummies check on these when visiting the school or there are some things that I missed out?

Same and I'm so tired... Not as energetic as the past few weeks. When I work, I tend to get sleepy in the noon (especially after lunch). I am never sleepy in the noon. I guess I must be really really tired. Tough to sleep too... have to change positions/sides so that I won't get any numbness.

Lingz12

Haha.. Tannie.. Hi5! I guess must be the CNY indulgence.. Haha.. Let's hope we can shed those excess weight after delivery!

Me too.. Feeling uncomfy these days.. Sit oso cant sit too long.. And finding it tough to sit comfortably too.. If I lean back wen I sit, the tummy felt horribly stretched.. So I end up sitting v straight which gives me a backache and tailbone ache.. And I find tat im waddling as im walking now! Gosh..

And I pee more frequently now.. The thing is wen im sitting down, I have no urge to pee.. But once I stand up, it's like e bladder got squeezed and I have to quickly rush to the washroom..

really must control our diet ahhhh!

Btw, which material should we buy for the cot mattress ah? Foam? Foam with spring inside? Cotton? Latex?

Lingz12

Jessybebee.. The mattress I got is foam, antidustmite with holes I think.. Got it from baby kingdom as part of the cot package.. Latex is apparently better but cost more.. Im glad I didnt top up for a latex mattress cos my girl hates to sleep in the cot once she can flip at 4mths.. And the cot is now sitting in e corner collecting dust, waiting for didi to come out.. Haha..

Tannie

I duno what is best but I got custom made from seahorse... Wasted the money cause my gal also dun like to sleep in cot.

I also started to waded when walking, really must go on diet....

JA13

Perkyperky, my brother uses ikea baby cot for my nephew n my nephew is okay with it up to 6 mths then he preferred to slp with bigger mattress after 6 mths.. But it is without wheel..

meltie

I got my 4-in-1 convertible cot from baby fair .. its some m'sia company called lovebaby or something.. the mattress is made of coconut husk, supposed to help in breathing? :p my no.1 slept in it till around 1yo and i transferred her to co-slp with me liao.. coz she was up standing around whole night, hourly i have to bend over and lie her on her back.. was pregnant liao hence too tiring to do so.. and she loves to slp w me and can sleep through the night soundly after that.. :p Now my cot sitting at a corner waiting for no.2 too... :p hmm well maybe every baby different.. depends on how they like it and how we train them.. definitely safer to slp in cot.. maybe u guys can read up abt cot safety coz not every cot is safe.. the bars must be of certain width and not beyond.. like a coke can or something so they won't get stuck... i also read about ikea cots getting mold easily.. don't really trust ikea stuff.. they are more of a temporary measure.. :p But maybe the more ex ones are better wood and stuff.. also lookout for the paint they use... and got the teething plastic cover or not.. coz most babies like to bite on the rail... :p

I'm getting clumsier too.. hard to get up to sitting position from lying down.. and walk like big hippo like that.. every night afew times to the toilet .. super sian.. haha

Haiz i went vivo yesterday and caught some acute sneezing bug.. sneezed like mad when came home.. kept leaking pee! Haiz took piriton to slp , woke up w super dry and sore throat.. today whole day still sniffing.. and now start to sneeze again.. gotta take med again.. :(

shiny81

thank you for the comment. really appreciate it! at the time come, hope everything's will be smoothly. may i know how many times for us to do the post natal massage ? one week 2 times or 10 times for one month ? if delivery with c - section , then how long it takes to heal before we can do the post natal massage ? and is it effective to lose eight if we do post natal massage ? now i'm on my 26 weeks , it's a baby Girl. i gain 5kg so far, my docter advice me to gain 0.5 kg each week. anyone will go down to baby fair this week ? i will go down by this saturday after finish my TMC Hospital tour . last week i went to baby expo, there's less booth and not crowded.

Tannie

I didn't do any post natal massage cause I duno how to handle if baby need milk whrn we r massaging half way... anyway I think breastfeeding is the best way to lose weight. But massage is good to relax, get rid of wind faster n tone up the flabby tummy.

I wanted to go to the baby fair this weekend but looks like my schedule dun allow. .. do post if there is good lobang.

I engaged a masseur who comes to my house weekly for 4 to 8 weeks. She is good. Not only did she help me relieve all muscle aches (from pre-pregnancy to post-pregnancy muscle aches), she also helped me clear all those blocked ducts and made my milk flow smoother. She is like my life saver back then when I had engorgements.

When I was having my massage for 1 and a half hours, I will chose those timing that I've finished feeding my baby and of course, making sure that there's extra pumped-out milk for her so I won't hear her fuss when I have my massage in the room. It worked out fine. If her crying didnt stop, the most I wear my clothes and go out and carry her. The masseur understood and waited too.