Edd feb 2014

mummy dee

I think 80ml seems to be a reasonable amount to be feeding now. Baby girl is 17 days old and feeds every 2 hours but 80ml of breast milk doesn't seem to last for long. We have to increase to 90ml of formula now..

My last day of massage today. Sort of mixed feelings- want to be slim sooner but the wrap makes it difficult to feed baby or try to latch on. The therapist told me that the Malays do it for 40 days! How to tahan and also it must be so expensive.. She also recommended I get the Wink Ultimate 2x Blaster compression suit to wear. Sgd199 not sure if I want to spend that kind of money..

Experiencing the same thing... For me I now pump every 6 hours instead (electric and hand express). I also use pacifier and try to train my son to feed every 3 hrs (he used to want to feed every one hour, every two hours, and everytime it's different amount he feeds. -_- He is 11 days old now, drinking 80ml each feeding. :err: Don't know whether that's normal. So now, I every 3 hours prepare to feed him, sometimes even before he cries.

If you can, try latching again and maybe pump half, the other half latch? Will be trying to latch my son again after my massage sessions end next week.

Gabrielle86

Was finding for friso. Don't have leh. I go their web. Also don't have. Before 6months must fully breast feed , but what if mommy's supply unable to catch up w the baby's demand ? :(

I only starting my massage next week, 3 weeks after my c sec. Shd be Oki hor?

My nipples also v sore from bb's suckle so I bought medela nipple cream (purelan 100) over the weekend to try. I guess it takes time to sooth the pain.. Till now 2 weeks I only manage ard max 40ml bm even though I pump or latch diligently every 3 hrs except night time :(

In hospital we supplement bb with similac so came Hm we also bought similac stage 1 but CL says it cld be too heaty for bb judging from
her stools so I will be trying nan after finishing similac. According to her, many of her doctor clientS like nan as the powder is v fine hence easier for bb to absorb

babystarz

Doing total breastfeeding now.. So totally have no clue how much baby is taking in ml..
Last night my right breast got engorged, hand express out 20ml only. Couldn't get it down.. In the end baby slept too much in the day, was very awake at night. Kept feeding her my right breast to get it down..

Do cold cabbage really work for engorgement?

rtcy

Doing total breastfeeding now.. So totally have no clue how much baby is taking in ml..
Last night my right breast got engorged, hand express out 20ml only. Couldn't get it down.. In the end baby slept too much in the day, was very awake at night. Kept feeding her my right breast to get it down..

U try to use hot pad on ur breast. It's work for me. I'm expressing milk for my bb as he don't know how to suck out the milk he only like latching :confused:

Gabrielle86

Erm... I'm doing latching during the day. But my baby only can successfully latch on in lying position. Wonder if she will choke?
Today her tummy no good leh. Like got lots of wind. N keep burping out a lot of milk. Dunno Izit due to the position. I tried other position to latch her, football, cradle, but seems like making her more uncomfortable n angry :<

any solution?

Got burp her after feeding?

Gabrielle86:858627 said:
Erm... I'm doing latching during the day. But my baby only can successfully latch on in lying position. Wonder if she will choke?
Today her tummy no good leh. Like got lots of wind. N keep burping out a lot of milk. Dunno Izit due to the position. I tried other position to latch her, football, cradle, but seems like making her more uncomfortable n angry :<

any solution?

i heard cabbage will reduce engorgement but it is because it slow down or stop milk supply. so do becareful when using cabbage.

mummy dee

Try putting her with her tummy against your shoulder and pat her back. That helps to get rid of wind. And you can try using Ru Yi oil. Put some on your hands and rub your hands together before you place your hand over her tummy.

any solution?

Maria Wee

mommies who pump their breastmilk, whether to feed when baby demands or to store and feed later.. take note not to push yourself too hard by over-pumping otherwise breasts may get inflammation.

my son is now 3 weeks 1 day old. initially still okay but these few days he's been fussier. he'll sleep halfway and wake up crying :(
when we feed him, he doesn't finish his milk and always have leftovers. since he's not a drinker (requires a lot of coaxing), we're at our wits end trying to have him finish his feed so that he can last longer. any good suggestions?