EDD May 2014 (maybe)

ST Woo

Hi meltie, Thomson rate for one and two bedded also different by $1K. At the I chose two bedded to save $. Anyway to stay for 2 night if everything's goes smoothly.

Lingz12

Haha.. I din discuss with hubby.. I jus decided on my own tat I wanna a single bedder and went ahead to book one thru gynae.. Though I noe we can always change it later upon admission la.. 1k indeed sounds a lot hor.. but I tink I value my privacy leh.. and like meltie said.. if we are on e bed nearer the door.. sure get a lot of unwanted peeks.. I guess realli up to individual preference ba..

Tammie,

I went for the Mount Elizabeth (Orchard) tour 2 years back when I had #1. Everything was very explicit. I love it when I had the tour. The nurse explained very clearly to me when I went for the tour. Hope you like it too when you're there!

Tammie

Hi perkyperky, I'm not going for any tours but am going to deliver at mount e novena! Heard they just renovated so wanna know more about the rates etc :)
hoping to get some reviews for mount e novena!

gniy

hi mummies i've been a silent reader of this forum and haven't been contributing much due to lack of experience hehe. thank you all the experienced mummy for sharing your experiences and also i've learnt a lot from you all too.

just went for my 28th week checkup and baby is 1.2 kg. trying to maintain my weight gain and ensure that baby gets the most nutrients :)

just some random thoughts and worries that i've been trying to avoid - i always wonder what if baby comes out not well (cerebral palsy, autism, moles, undetected abnormalities) and all. so silly right. but right now i just want to have positive thoughts. do some of you have such thoughts too?

CharChia

hi mummies i've been a silent reader of this forum and haven't been contributing much due to lack of experience hehe. thank you all the experienced mummy for sharing your experiences and also i've learnt a lot from you all too.

just went for my 28th week checkup and baby is 1.2 kg. trying to maintain my weight gain and ensure that baby gets the most nutrients :)

just some random thoughts and worries that i've been trying to avoid - i always wonder what if baby comes out not well (cerebral palsy, autism, moles, undetected abnormalities) and all. so silly right. but right now i just want to have positive thoughts. do some of you have such thoughts too?
A happy mummy = a happy baby... my hubby n I used to have such thoughts too when I was pregnant with no.1... but realise no point thjnking coz it is not within our control... it is god's will... child already born we can only take a step at a time and see what we can do... let nature takes it course...

Dun worry and think too much... Stay happy and positive...

Tannie

Yap gniy, we already took measures such as Oscar test n scanning to make sure baby is healthy, the rest is beyond control, all fated... No matter what is still our baby, so no point thinking so much, just enjoy ur pregnancy, relax n rest so u r ready for any challenge when the baby is out.

meltie

Hihi gniy! I guess these thoughts did pass by our minds before.. but i guess there's nothing much we can do.. We've decided to keep this little life and nurture him/her in our bodies.. we take caution in the foods we eat, read up and learn how to take care of this little bb when he or she comes to this world.. there's no gurantee that life will be easy.. we never know what life throws at us.. but i believe this little new life that lives in us deserves the unconditional love and care.. no matter what it takes.. :) So don't worry! Enjoy your pregnancy and steps to motherhood! When challenges come, then we face it bah! You'll find yourself a different person (a mother), handling it! Anything for my baby! Happy mummy = happy baby! As long as both of you healthy , that's what we can pray for! :)

Jiayou! Focus on the joy of motherhood! And as a first time mum-to-be, enjoy your me-time and couple time with your hubby!! Rest more!!

Piglim

Mummies.. I m sooo upset. I m so down I think
i may soon get pre natal blues or depression soon..

i really can't stand my mil. Tell her to feed my son porridge that I cook but she end up eating them n feed the food she wants to feed tiny son. I have a maid at hm so I know all these (she reports to me) I was sooo angry I made a very general posting on fb like "why r some people like that?" Then my hubby's sister (I assume) called my mil n told her I complained bout her online..

When I returned from work my mil face was so black. I didn't think it was that comment I made cos firstly the statement is so general. It could b anyone n I think it's ok for me to vent my anger. Hubby came hm n mil moaned so loudly (as usual) cried n complained. Worst of all she said all the false things. Said I slam things cos I not happy that she feed rice. Purposely made bread for my hubby even though she bought bread for him. When my hubby (thankfully) seek for clarification cos he wanted to hear both parties stories I was so disgusted by how much she could accused me. All these while I make bkfast for hubby. N this is my hse why would I want to damage n slam my things???

I can't stand living with her but I hv no choice. My own mum has to work. While my son is going to CC next week I can't send my #2 to infant. It's too costly. N we all know infants immune r still very weak. Cried so much last night.

This pregnancy unlike my #1, I totally cried so many times cos then mil not staying with us now she has sooo many own thinking that she enforces..

:.......( I really want to b a happy mummy so that baby will b happy but with all these issues arising I really can't help but to feel depressed. Hubby says its small issues but u know guys being guys they r all like that. They don't get so involved as us they dunno how we feel. Can u imagine u cook the porridge with love n u tot u r giving the best to ur child when actually all these while he is eating some other things. My son is getting thinner n thinner. My son does eat the rice but only 5 spoons n like this my mil is contented. Keep saying he needs rice then can slp thru. Fact is he doesn't!

CharChia

piglim, I dunno how to comfort you... well everyone has problems with mil... have u tried speaking to ur hubby about being a sahm? with regards to food, I m also the kind who gives my no.1 everything to try... now at 9 months she is taking rice and noodles...

u really should talk to your hubby to work things out... otherwise more problems will arise...

gniy

charchia, tannie and meltie - thank you for the encouragement. yesh! joyful mummy joyful baby - enjoying the little movements and waves in the tummy now. we've done our best so we leave the rest to God :)

piglim - i know it's not easy living with your mum-in-law especially when there are differences in upbringing. but hey thank God for your fair husband :) men will always be men but remember there are men who only defend their mothers too and your husband isn't one like that so yeay!

meltie

Mummies.. I m sooo upset. I m so down I think
i may soon get pre natal blues or depression soon..

i really can't stand my mil. Tell her to feed my son porridge that I cook but she end up eating them n feed the food she wants to feed tiny son. I have a maid at hm so I know all these (she reports to me) I was sooo angry I made a very general posting on fb like "why r some people like that?" Then my hubby's sister (I assume) called my mil n told her I complained bout her online..

When I returned from work my mil face was so black. I didn't think it was that comment I made cos firstly the statement is so general. It could b anyone n I think it's ok for me to vent my anger. Hubby came hm n mil moaned so loudly (as usual) cried n complained. Worst of all she said all the false things. Said I slam things cos I not happy that she feed rice. Purposely made bread for my hubby even though she bought bread for him. When my hubby (thankfully) seek for clarification cos he wanted to hear both parties stories I was so disgusted by how much she could accused me. All these while I make bkfast for hubby. N this is my hse why would I want to damage n slam my things???

I can't stand living with her but I hv no choice. My own mum has to work. While my son is going to CC next week I can't send my #2 to infant. It's too costly. N we all know infants immune r still very weak. Cried so much last night.

This pregnancy unlike my #1, I totally cried so many times cos then mil not staying with us now she has sooo many own thinking that she enforces..

:.......( I really want to b a happy mummy so that baby will b happy but with all these issues arising I really can't help but to feel depressed. Hubby says its small issues but u know guys being guys they r all like that. They don't get so involved as us they dunno how we feel. Can u imagine u cook the porridge with love n u tot u r giving the best to ur child when actually all these while he is eating some other things. My son is getting thinner n thinner. My son does eat the rice but only 5 spoons n like this my mil is contented. Keep saying he needs rice then can slp thru. Fact is he doesn't!
Oh dear .. piglim.. i truly understand your sadness and disappointments! I just got out of my mil's house ! Well she still has some stuff to day but at least i don't need to face her! Hmm maybe things will pen out better when ur boy goes CC? at least CC will listen to you.. hmm i think the older generation always very stubborn and think they know better than us.. my mil was like a monster too at times.. see how hypocritical she can get and how she plays around saying one thing to hubby and another thing to me.. she thinks we don't talk.. fact is hubby knows what kind of peraon she is.. sometimes ask me to endure but sometimes he will confront and she will say him and say he no more 'mother' in his heart and tear him down with feelings manipulation, make him guilty and stuff.., super sarcastic one la... haiz i hate being under one roof.. heng i out of it after 1 yr.. I hope you n ur hubby can work some things out and see if any other way to avoid more of such stuff.. but seriously i know its super hard! Jiayou! No point getting depressed over ur mil.. focus on how u can work things out for ur 2 babies! i crued many times and felt so unjustified! But at the end of the day, that's what my mil want me to feel! I may as well try to ignore and be happy! I take everything by my own hand, insisted on baby's diet , feeding times, how and where she is fed.. nv let her feed .. anyway, mil holds herself like a diva /taitai.. won't get her hands dirty one.. everything also get maid to do .. but when outside with no maid, she will wanna show she is super hardworking mil, wanna carry bb , coax bb etc.. fact is bb doesn't respond coz she is not used to it.. haha oh well enough of my ranting.. think abt her will only make me agitated.. now we only see mil once a week when we go back for dinner...

Do take care of yourself! Don't allow yourself to slip into depression! Our toddler and bb inside will feel it one! Maybe take a break from work and rest afew days? Spend some time with both ur bump and boy? And maybe with ur hubby too? U guys need to work as a team...

meltie

charchia, tannie and meltie - thank you for the encouragement. yesh! joyful mummy joyful baby - enjoying the little movements and waves in the tummy now. we've done our best so we leave the rest to God :)

piglim - i know it's not easy living with your mum-in-law especially when there are differences in upbringing. but hey thank God for your fair husband :) men will always be men but remember there are men who only defend their mothers too and your husband isn't one like that so yeay!
Yup! There is no end to worries one!! Once bb is born, we worry even more! Jaundice, poop, fever, feeds, reflux, rashes, diet, falling sick, etc etc.. anything and everything!! Just gotta take one step at a time and do our best! I just worried through my girl's MMR vaccine.. she took it and seemed fine.. after 5 days, she got rashes and fever now.. still monitoring.. hoping its just transient normal side effects! Now she got loss of appetite and crankiness too, unexplainable stickness.. haha worry worry again if she is ok.. anything bothering her.. alot of guessing game esp our bubs still don't know how to relate to us .. so it's becoming part and parcel.. gotta take things easily, be zai haha (i myself trying very hard as i'm also a first time mum!) Perhaps with my no.2 coming, i can relax more with handling her... but still, as a mum sure will worry one.. no end one hahaa Coz we love our bubs!

Tannie

Piglim, guess u got to close one eye since u need ur mil's help. My mum is worst, she feed my gal with maggie mee n tibits... I can say much cause I need her help to look after my gal.

My fil is also feeding my gal with sour plum strips... somemore secretly. .. till one day I accidentally saw it n told my hubby, thn my hubby stop him... I can't say anything cause we r staying in his house.

sometimes just have to close one eye... dun be so harsh to yourself. Maybe u can feed ur boy with porridge when u r at home? Also nxt time when he join cc, whether he like the food or not, he will have to eat...

Take care n try to relax... at least when u r on maternity leave u may have some ctrl.

shiny81

Mummies, i just went for checkup today and did my growth scan. Currently baby is in breech position.

gynae says most probably her head will move down during 34 weeks. Should i be worried?
Melancholy, how many weeks then we do the growth scan ? is different with details scan ? last week i did my 28 weeks check up and in horizontal breech position, doctor said no need to worry because still have more time for baby to move, drink more water.

shiny81

Any mummies went for tour at mount elizabeth ? :)
Hi Tammie, i will go down for the maternity tour at Mount E Novena at 15 March and take their parenting workshop too. then will go to Mount E orchard maternity tour at 28 March. i have done a quick comparable with my doctor for the cost of staying at Mount Alvernia and Mount E novena, and find it cheaper at Mount E novena for single bedder because no need to pay for accompanion lodging.

shiny81

Hi perkyperky, I'm not going for any tours but am going to deliver at mount e novena! Heard they just renovated so wanna know more about the rates etc :)
hoping to get some reviews for mount e novena!
Tammie, they had emailed me for the rate, if you want , i can forward it to you :)

Melancholy

Melancholy, how many weeks then we do the growth scan ? is different with details scan ? last week i did my 28 weeks check up and in horizontal breech position, doctor said no need to worry because still have more time for baby to move, drink more water.
I think growth scan is done during 28-32 weeks. Detail scan is check gender. Growth scan will measure all these i think.

My gynae did tell me still got few weeks more for baby to turn down. And she will check for me again on my next checkup at 34 weeks.