EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Tannie

mrsjlim:861684 said:
Hi mummies , anyone deliver at Mount Alvernia? I'm deciding whether to deliver at TMC or Mount A
I suggest u go for the hospital tour to have a feel. I hear many good reviews abt mount A but I still prefer the feel at TMC...

meltie

Mummies.. i just suffered major diarrhea starting 4am in the morning.. had roti prata at AMK hub foodcourt.. and i had 10 over episodes.. couldn't sleep or lie down for long.. and all those explosive loose stools bulldozed its way and all the piles came out... :( all inflammed.. i really needed to stop the diarrhea coz i could not stand the pain of passing stools through the bleeding piles! Hubby was in school early morning for presentation.. i made a decision to bring my 17mth old down to see doc w me.. super exhausting as she screamed at me while i tried to prepare her bag n myself, went to diarrhea twice in between.. had to hold it in to last my way to the GP.. super super weak.. no help at all.. did not have time to cook her porridge for lunch.. i managed to lug her n the stroller, load up in car n drove to afew streets dwn to see doc.. crazy crazy move but i really cannot tahan another diarrhea.. doc said i got food poisoning.. trued to push in the blobs of inflammed flesh n piles.. argh pain like mad! Didn't work coz after i made my way home, i diarrhea-ed twice... all came out w blood.. had to make sure its not vaginal bleeding.. so scary.. haizz i hate piles.. took my anti diarrhea pill n hubby came home to feed bb, i put her to nap n slept w her.. i can't even move my butt.. super painful.. felt like the night that i just delivered my no.1.. super super painful down there n no.2 is kicking non stop.. felt like gg to give birth anytime... now i think i can't sit on chair.. may need a float.. sighhh woes of morherhood..just applied cream after bath.. hope these piles will stop gving me pain.. :( cannot imagine gaving them post delivery for no.2!!! Sure will have.. super sian... :( :( I just can't afford to be sick or down.. coz no.1 needs me... sigh hubby kept saying why not just get a maid... he feels like i'm disrupting his school n making him a house husband.. :( but i only ask when he's coming home mah coz i beed a break or to plan out the night.. need to breathe.. sigh life of a sahm..

sorry for the ranting.. i'm lying in bed now aching all over .. no position is comfortable w this big bump.. plus now the painful piles ... :(

meltie

meltie hope u get well soon...

anyway my daughter is suddenly running a fever again...
Thanks !

Hmm could it be teething? 9mths onwards may be very high likely..

My little bub is also running a fever.. mild fever since tues due to her MMR vaccine last thurs.. Still monitoring.. slight fever i don't give panadol.. hope she can fight it off... she also refuses to take temperature.. :p

Piglim

Oh no meltie, sounds bad. Hope u r better now. Get well soon. Sigh I can almost imagine how u feel.. Nv easy being a mum. N worst still being a stay hm mum.

We r all almost reaching there Le. 2 mths more or lesser for some. Every night I m hving slpless night thinking of how I will cope when #2 comes out. Really worried but guess we just let gotta let nature tks it's course n see how.

My son going to sch next wk n I m starting to hv separation anxiety alrdy. Hubby n I attended a counseling session with the sch (compulsory) before my son starts sch and I really feel so assured that I have chosen the right sch for him (crossing my fingers) and the counsellor talked alot n mentioned its Gd to bring the child before the #2 comes out. Cos if u dont let him/her adapt earlier the mother will suffer when both babies cry. Maybe meltie u wanna reconsider again so that u still can hv 1 more mth to rest if u bring ur child to sch now?

Lingz12

Oh dear meltie.. The piles sound horrible.. And the food poisoning oso! Get well soon and stay hydrated yeah?

These nights are super hot and humid.. Dun dare to switch on e air con cos my girl jus recovered from her flu.. To think I was still saying I nvr suffer from sleepless nights a few days ago.. Last night was terrible.. No matter which position I take, I jus cant sleep though im super tired.. Sighz!

meltie

Thanks Mummies! I'm better liao, diarrhea stopped but got abit of constipation.. pooped twice in pain due to piles.. arghh.. at least bleeding lesser.. :p stomach bloated.. got feeling to poop but down there is like shut .. and the thought of straining puts me off... but still gotta try..

Piglim, my hubby n i don't really have plans to put no.1 to childcare .. hmm coz since i'm not working and at home, we can save the money of childcare and try to manage.. it's hard esp i'm getting heavy now.. :p just gotta find a way.. hope my mum can help out soon.. but she's still working.. hubby has been complaining that i asked him to help out too much and he feels like a stay home dad.. sigh.. he is really thinking of getting a maid which we are totally not comfortable with.. also nv made any arrangements for maid to sleep etc.. don't trust maids too... but maybe he's feeling that i can't do as much to take care of the house.. he is doing the cleaning of the house and i'm just hanging laundry, some cooking, taking care of bb.. the rest abit hard.. hmm but i try my best.... :p well i just hope i got time to communicate out with him.. keep feeling he wants to take the ez way out and just hire a maid .. but it can mean more worries...

Sigh my no.1 had fever for few days and started having rashes over her neck n body liao.. i think its the fake measles frm her mmr vaccine? she's been scratching all night.. woke up at 5am and couldn't slp till 7am.. i had to apply cream for her and try to calm her... now she is shouting at me all morning... zzzz

CharChia

meltie maybe u can consider part time cleaner if household chores is a problem... they only comes in a few hours and do cleaning of the house and laundry...

Lingz12

Meltie.. Charlotte went for her second dose of mmr? Or first dose? My girl had the fake measles thing after mmr first dose vaccine too, with fever.. It ahld go away soon..

And yeah.. My hubby keep grumbling abt hiring a maid.. He is neutral but im totally against it.. I dun feel comfy having a stranger at home.. and wen we go out we have to bring her along.. so ma fan.. leave her at home I oso dun feel comfy.. later she bring her banga bf home leh? I noe I abit stereotyping la.. but realli so much horror stories abt maid lor.. it's tough to get a good helper, realli see heng suay one.. And I dun tink I can trust my babies with a stranger.. then wat's e point.. Then he will say ask my parents in law to shift over and live with us.. horror of horrors man.. I told him I dun tink I can live with my mil.. then he keep saying they are old etc etc.. but old can jus go visit them more often lor.. smemore stay with us mil oso say she cant cope, mus hire maid for her.. and she is nt chin cai de lor.. always hiam things.. I dun wan to come hme from work everyday to hear her complain abt the maid.. argh.. sorry for ranting but hiah..

marissaz

Wow! So long since I logged on to this forum..been busy shopping and preparing for bb over the past few weeks.. im at 32 weeks + 4 days today.. packed my maternity bag liao, just adding stuff as I go along the days.. delivering at KKH, so bringing my nightdress (bought at Mothercare), breast pads, nipple cream, wipes, nursing bra, etc..not sure whether wanna bring toiletries or not.. hmmm..

last gynae visit was 2 weeks ago, bb weighs 1.55kg and head down liao..

Started to drink coconut juice one I hit 32 weeks.. twice a week, but u gals are right, its so hard to open the coconut at home! Like need a few ppl to work on it..hahahaa.. gone for antenatal class (every Wed) at Mount A, did u all go for it? Some sessions are boring (like nutrition) but some like the exercises and breathing techniques are quite interesting. .

I'm still keeping up with my daily walking (an hour a day every evening) and sometimes I still run when I can. Feels so syiok, but must always remind myself not to over exert myself. For the working mothers, have you all decided on when to take your maternity leave??

Tannie

I planned to work till I give birth..wana save up the leave so I can accompany my baby longer. But now so hard to move abt... felt my thighs super stiff n swollen... what shall I do to help?

CharChia

marissaz, so fast u pack ur maternity bag... I m at 31 weeks.... n I realise I haven't been doing much... just got my parent's helper to wash the newborn baby clothes... still in the midst of thinking how to celebrate my no.1 1st birthday... lol...

meltie

Lingz12! Exact sentiments about hiring a maid! Sighh.. i don't wish to have a stranger at home.. i told hubby i'll just work harder when no.2 comes out and i have no excuse of a bump liao.. now i'm just clumsier n heavier.. can't do certain chores... ask him carry here n there.. and restricted in gg out n managing no.1 alone.. yesterday was just thinking.... if i was not pregnant w no.2, life would have been alot easier! I can bring no.1 ard, clean the house and probably manage the house abit more... not so reliant on hubby.. actually for part time cleaner, nothing really much to do coz my hubby vaccums and mop the whole house in an hr? He's quick and fast and he is particular.. not too sure abt a maid or part timer.. we are not so particular abt windows and don't need ironing.. laundry just load overnight w timer, i can hang in the morning and fold after baby slp at night.. so far we are managing well.. just sometimes i am v tired to do dishes when we cook.. the kitchen tap is abit far in and my tummy is between me n the sink.. so end up i get back ache when i hunch forward and downwards to wash bottles and dishes.. the sink also abit deep.. sigh cannot change liao.. all reno done .. hubby says i need to wash w my tummy sideways.. i tried, and i have strained abit of my waist/back by twisting and standing there for so long.. somedays i just asked him if he can wash the bottles.. only wash once every 2 days coz we got 8 bottles for rotation.. he also starting to complain liao.. he every night goes to play games on his comp as i put baby to slp ard 10pm .. and can play till 3-4am in the morning.. den he complain tired next morning .. i'm just asking him of his 10-15 mins to load laundry and wash some bottles... he also complain liao... i manage my no.1 alone all day , some days are so tiring and draining esp those cooking and feeding.. putting to slp takes half an hr and blah.. at night i can get v tired coz whole day nv really rest n sit down.. hubby doesn't seem to empathise.. now with my piles, he just say we can't cope la, just hire a maid... he think its so easy.. sighhh

Tannie

Meltie, I feel u... I find it so difficult to do washing at the sink... I felt backache after cooking for the family. Luckily my hubby help me to wash the dishes. ..

meltie

Wah come to think of it, i'm getting into my 32nd week! So fast and scary! Days just fly past as i slog day n night without rest for no.1 at home.. hmm i haven packed my hospital bag! Just keep procractinating n putting the thought aside..

I'm just trying to think what else i have not gotten.. i think should be the breast pump (most impt), milk storage bags , new storage bottles, disposable panties, etc.. :p hope i dun miss out anything...

Lingz12

Yeah! Exactly! The men just dun get it.. I told him im tired.. Cos im working and im carrying a big bump and my leg is in pain.. Ask him give #1 a wipedown or jus change diapers he oso complain say he's tired from work.. As if i shake leg in office whole day.. Ask him walk a few steps to get pacifier he oso complain.. I tink it's even worse for u, Meltie.. Cos u are with ur girl 24/7.. Even more tiring..

Now my girl seems to be ultra attention seeking.. So I was jus randomly saying one day tat now with onli 1 kid, we almost raise white flag.. I can't imagine wen #2 comes, how will our lives be? My hubby jus said "Be prepared to hire a maid".. >_<