EDD May 2014 (maybe)

meltie

oh ya i bought one super no frills one from Qoo10.. it was for HK trip.. coz the roads there not stroller friendly and i wanted a super ez and light stroller.. It's the 2013 SeeBaby purple stroller.. super skeletal, we brought up n down the bus, folds to flat to carry up n down subways .. bb's posture is bad.. we mainly used the stroller to hold our diaperbag.. coz brought our manduca carrier too.. safer too coz roads were bumpy.. probably won't use much in SG except maybe to go short distances , like to market.. it was $39.90?

Haha oh ya strollers mainly for bags.. if your bb end up not liking it and doesn't like to sit in it.. i bought capella coz it had full flat recline and reverse facing suitable for newborns to lie flat.. soon after switched to maxicosi carseat on a quinny frame, which was sturdy and provided good back support for my bb.. she loved to sit inside and face us.. used till 15mths (v petite) .. now using a britax carseat and gotta transfer, super mafan when she's aslp.. even when not aslp, she fusses coz of the change.. maxicosi car seat on quinny is high enough and she can watch us over the table as we eat.. so she didn't fuss.. for capella, she fussed when she couldn't see us as she was v low.. also v troublesome to keep bending to buckle and stuff! Oh ya! I love maxicosi pebble carseat coz of the buckle-strap! When loading bb, the shoulder pad comes up and ur bb won't lie on it and end up u have to struggle finding it and strapping.. it automatically comes up and really helps your back alot! Now w britax car seat, the strap is always soft and messy below and cannot stay up.. loading and unloading into the carseat takes awhile and strains the back.. baby doesn't really like all the fiddling too.. well we just make do..... britax car seat we bought before bb was born coz we thought its cheap and can use frm newborn to 4 yrs old.. but i didn't use it from 3-15mths.. she hated being inside too.. maxi cosi was a wonder chair for me coz she stopped crying non stop in the car.. mostly sleep through the journey..

It is alot of science and research into finding your best stroller and car seat! Jiayou! hahaa buy wrong den have to make do.. too many strollers stand too much space.. my hubby n i wanted to save so we go for cheaper and can use for newborn to 4 yr old kind.. but in between we decided travel system works better for us.. which caused abit more... :p

Lingz12

Melancholy.. I just bought a peg perego p3.. Haven't assemble yet.. I bought it cos I like tat it's higher than capella (dun need to keep bend over so low), looks roomier as well.. I oso find it more sturdy than my current capella (keep feeling it's gonna give way, esp e wheels).. It has a full canopy too.. The con is it is nt reversible unlike my current capella and although the person selling me managed to open and close the p3 with one hand, I find it more difficult than with my current capella.. But I guess I seldom need to open and close with one hand so I close 2 eyes.. Haha..

Meltie, I almost bought the seebaby too wen we went on cruise back in Dec.. Cos I tot easier to push #1 in a light stroller than carry her.wen we go for the land tour.. But my hubby say for the price, e stroller cant b good and my girl prob will reject sitting in it.. In e end, we brought our trusted manduca carrier and hubby carried her cos my bump was oredi big then.. Glad I din waste $$ buying that stroller.. Hee..

Went for gynae appt yesterday.. Initially bb fell below the mark in terms of weight so I was pretty worried he will follow jie jie's footsteps to be a small baby.. But both gynae and me got a shock wen we discovered he suddenly caught up.. Growth spurt I suppose? Maybe cos of the mao shan wang tat I ate over the weekend? Haha.. So now he is a comfortable 2.2kg at 33wks.. Hopefully he will grow normally from now and I get myself an average 3kg bb in May! And he's oso in a head down position oredi, gynae say unlikely he will turn back up so we can aim for a natural delivery.. Phew.. I oso asked gynae abt the pain in my leg.. She confirmed tat bb is pressing on this nerve (forgot the name) as bb's weight is all on my left.. So she suggest tat I try sleeping on my right, hopefully bb will shift to the right too to give me sme relief.. If not, I gotta bear with it till after delivery.. Sobz..

Piglim

Meltie u mentioned something bout the rosella. Have u experienced that before? Or has anyone here? Care to share?

I m so tired. One episode after another n just when I tot it's over. My son fever finally gone yesterday n this morning was all well but when I came hm after work he got rashes on his face behind his ear n body. His hands n legs r spared. Bought him to see a gp nearby n the doc says cld b dengue. Now it's making me more worried than ever. Stupid locum never going to go again. Waste my time n $. Totally no experience young man. He said dengue normally 4/5 fever follow by rashes so if tml (next day) rash worsen immediately go kk. I said he doesn't hv fever alrdy so y dengue? The doc replied when e fever subside after that won't hv fever anymore. Hubby went to check online but according to e site it says dengue fever will come back after it resumes to the normal temp.. No wonder ppl rather pay to see pd. he didnt even bother to look at the rash!

so tired. Really. I wonder if getting pregnant at this stage when #1 is at this age is a Gd idea. I can't tk care of my #1 properly n I can give more attention to my tummy also.

ST Woo

Hi meltie, hope you have recovered.

I'm now 30th weeks. My tummy so tight and heavy. Sometimes my bottom a little aching or a sudden sharp pain. Do mummies experience it.

Lingz12

Piglim, i tink it is common for kids to have rashes after high fever.. im nt sure if tat's e rosella tat meltie mentioned.. but the first time my girl had high fever, e day after e fever went away, rashes came.. and it's all over esp e face and her little body.. the elderly all said it's common and told me nt to worry.. but being an inexperienced mum I still brought her to the doc and was told the same.. jus given sme calamine lotion to help relieve her itch.. the rashes did go away after 2-3 days.. If u are worried, it doesnt hurt to bring ur boy to the PD to get assurance rather than worry urself sick.. ;)

And yes.. smetimes I realli wonder wat have I gotten myself into.. whether it is a gd idea to have #2 now.. but I suppose it's oso gd tat both rascals can grow up together and have each other for company, hopefully the bond will oso b stronger.. 先苦后甜! We will see e light at e end of the tunnel soon! ;)

Lingz12

ST Woo.. Me too.. Tummy feel v stretched and heavy.. My colleagues all asking if im due soon.. Another said i look ripe enuff to pop.. Haha.. Bottom aching as in pelvic area? Then yeah, me too.. esp if im standing up from a sitting position.. I tink the pelvic joints are loosening oredi and pressure from the bb makes it worse.. As for the sharp pain, mine is onli in e leg cos bb is pressing on sme nerve.. So i try to get up slowly if im sitting down and i find it helps a bit.. All part and parcel of third trimester ba..

ST Woo

Ya, I have use my arm muscle to push myself up when get up from the bed. During the night keep changing position to sleep or else the side of my leg will feel the pain. Cannot sleep flat on my back the baby weight will put the pressure on my back very uncomfortable. You right this part and parcel of the pregnancy we mummies have to go through. Jiayou!

Piglim

Thanks mummies for the concern. Son's fever gone. Rashes still there n alittle more. However his temperature seems to be dropping n low. 35.3. Very worried n concern. Now hubby rushing to mustafa to buy another Braun thermometer. Cos I read online dengue will hv sharp rise or fall in temp. N for kids to hv low temp is dangerous. - organs failing. Dunno if I m reading too much for my knowledge or I worry too much. But guess as a parent there's always non stop worrying.

Now praying that my thermometer is spoilt n inaccurate. If e new thermometer turns out e same temp, prob hv to rush him to kk. He does appear normal though. Haiz... Not easy being a Gd parent...

meltie

Hey piglim! Hope your bb is fine! Gosh must be so worrying.. roseola is some form of rashes that is accompanied with persistent high fever.. i have a friend's toddler who got it twice.. scary rashes on body.. but its common they say.. :p Nothing much you can do.. Hmm hope its not dengue ! I think u better see a proper pd or go kk for a gd check up if temperature rises again..

My no.1 is still having rashes too.. 2 weeks after her MMR liao, after the fever came rashes on face, neck n body.. so many raised red dots.. she cried afew nights waking to scratch.. i just keep applying her moisturiser for her and changed her out of buttoned clothes into rompers n pants.. couldn't slp well.. and 2 nights ago she woke up to cry for 2 hours inconsolably.. maybe teething... and last nigjt when i dozed off ard 11 plus, she rolled off and fell off the bed at 12plus.. :( heng i put foam mats around the bed, but still she had a shock and cried for v long.. not sure where she landed coz i found her on her butt w 2 hands on the floor.. maybe she fell on head and sat back up.. aiyo she was at the head of the bed , head to my head and feet away.. just within an hr she rolled all the way to the foot of the bed and fell off! argh.. my bed n mattress is v high.. this is like the 5th time she fell off.. :/ told hubby we need to get a mattress to train her to slp on the floor liao.. cannot afford more shocks.. i had a big jump when i heart the loud noise and cry.. i jumped out of the bed.. sort of strained my tummy.. and alsoafter that took so long for her to stop crying and go back to slp.. zzz

Hmm ST Woo, i think that pain at the lower part is the round ligament pain.. the muscles there are loose liao.. i had it in my previous pregnancy.. hope this time i won't get it..

Anyone experience itchy tummy and even sometimes nipples? sigh i just got it these 2 days.. keep scratching tummy! Feelingthe stretch i think.. but it shld have been stretched before??? siao liao now gotten bigger than 1st pregnancy? Anyway.. sobs sobs.. i just found 3 stretch marks on the right of my tummy.. :( super ugly red zig zag lines in the middle of the tummy! I started having stretch marks at 32-33 weeks for 1st pregnancy too... :( after that took v long to fade to silver-grey lines ...

Yeah Lingz12, i sometimes wonder if i got pregnant again at the right time.. coz its really so hard to manage a young toddler and juggle my pregnancy.. can't imagine when my no.2 comes out when no.1 turns 20mths.. hope she can self feed efficiently , not fussy, can play by herself and not scream at me whole day for attention.. :/ now is the part about carrying her n holding her hands , bending n chasing her.. super tiring! She is a walking maniac and refuses to be held! Whole day saying 'walk-walk '... i feel guilty that i nv rest much for no.2.. nv talk to her or care abt my tummy.. just so busy..

Oh ya.. today i went toilet and i think i got some reddish pink urine.. i suspect maybe i got some UTI.. called gynae clinic to ask abt it.. they say maybe i can try to drink cranberry juice.. and see a gp if it gets worse.. perhaps due to my slight dehydration last week due to food poisonig? or am i drinking too little water.. or forgot/ no time to drink.. so bz w no.1 nowadays... she don't even allow me to sit down n breathe.. will scream non stop.... :( i'm so drained and sort of being driven up the wall at times.. maybe its the pregnancy hormones.. tend to make me abit impatient and emo.. hahaa

Jiayou mummies!!

Hi mummies!!! It has been a super exhausting week for me and more to come! :(

My maid went on home leave and didnt return... :embarrassed: My girl went cranky and her appetite changes rather drastically. I honestly think it's because she knows and felt that the maid is gone but she couldn't speak or express it out, so probably that's why she changes in her attitude. I think she's trying very hard to adapt to the new routine. She just started pre-school last mon. I am soooooo worried. I cooked her favorite porridge, she dont wanna eat. Normally she can finish all 11 scoops (those chinese spoon for drinking soup) of porridge. Now only 2 scoops.

I have been weeping and getting very worried the moment I think of how difficult she's trying to adapt. So poor thing that she cannot express herself and all she could do is fuss and be cranky. I hope this phase passes soon as I'm going to give birth soon! I need more encouragement and support to get through this difficult phase. Really tiring, sad, exhausting and worrying!!!

Lingz12

Oh dear Piglim.. Hope ur boy is ok now! It sure isnt easy being a parent, worry non-stop!

Meltie.. My girl fell off my bed many times too.. And my bed is high too.. And I dun hav foam mats on the floor.. Super heartache lor.. I tried to train her to sleep on a mattress on the floor but it's a losing battle.. Initially she will sleep as I pretend to sleep beside her.. But she will wake up in the middle of the night to cry wen she dun see me beside her and then proceed to climb up my bed over me and my bump.. Then in recent nights, she jus refused to sleep on the mattress even with me sleeping there.. She will just climb onto my bed and refuse to budge.. Most of the time I jus let her be cos im too tired to coax her down.. Fail big time man.. I dunno how our sleeping arrangements will be once didi comes out.. Sighz..

Perkyperky.. Jia you! Hope ur girl get used to school soon.. Im oso dreading the day wen I have to send my girl to school.. Sighz..

Tannie

Recently my gal also fell off the bed, because she is bouncing on the bed...

I also hv hard time training my gal sleeping on her on... initially her father will carry her to her cot when she is asleep, but she will wake up crying n we will carry her back to the bed... then she will kick us while she sleep, end up both my hubbt n myself either got to sleep at the edge of the bed or gana kick. .. after many months of torture, my hubby surrender. .. he give up his side of bed and sleep in my fil's room as he keep falling sick due to lack of sleep.

Lingz12

Oh Tannie.. My hubby has long given up his side of the bed.. He rather sleep on the sofa in the living room cos he's a light sleeper and cant tolerate the kicks and whines in the middle of the night.. Smetimes I feel mummies are realli 伟大.. no matter how tired we are, we nvr give up unlike e papas.. He can claim he tired and walk out.. But I can't.. I can't bear.. Anyway I always joked with my hubby tat we can file for separation after another yr since we oredi sleep in separate rms for so long.. Haha..

meltie

Perkyperky! When's ur maid coming back?! I'm sure you're going through a tough time.. seeing ur LO so affected.. hope she adapts?

Aiyo.. i guess its a battle for our little ones who co slp with us! My girl has suffered alot of big bumps on her head till i scared.. we just went to get those little foam mats that can piece together kind and line around the bed floor.. this is the 1st time she fell off the bed in my new house! With the foam mat, i can't see any injuries but she still cried like siao.. sighh.. Lingz12 maybe u can try getting? it's quite cheap.. at least cushion abit, better than on cold hard floor...

Sigh i wonder how to train her to slp on floor.. firstly she can't stop walking.. so how to get her to sit n lie dowb on the bed on the floor? 2ndly, i also wprried she might cry when she wakes up n see both hubby n me on the bed or she wakes up and venture around in the middle of the night.. I'm thinking if i shld get a super cute hello kitty bedsheet that may entice her for a start.. she loves hello kitty.. i shall try.. 1st is to get a mattress first.. zz n see if my hubby is willing to sleep train her .. coz its getting hard for me to go onto the floor and come up.. n he gotta start somewhere! Those days that i'll be delivering, he has to put her to slp.. 2 weeks ago, i told him to try.. it was crazy, my girl screamed murder and cried non stop wanting to get down bed to play.. she sees hubby as play.. but when i put her to slp every night, she just oblige n sleep.. nv asked to go on the floor one.... well i see how this pens out....

My tummy is itching all over!! Red bumps on it liao.... :/

Guess

Hi ST Woo,

Same here.

I am also having constant pain in my right bottom, espcly while I am sleeping and it becomes difficult to walk for some time. Also I am having charlie horse every night on my right leg calf :-( I haven't yet consulted about this with doctor thinking this is normal in pregnancy.

Lingz12

Oh.. Thanks for sharing Meltie.. maybe I go find foam mats then.. else see her cry so pitifully oso dunno how to tell me where she ache.. sighz..

Red bumps on tummy? Sounds like my first pregnancy.. tat time I oso got it v bad.. will scratch like mad esp at night.. gynae jus gave me calamine lotion cos I told her I dun wan any oral medicine for it.. maybe u try calamine lotion too? Hope it can provide sme relief.. For me, smetimes tummy will be itchy but no red bumps (choy! Hope wun b like first pregnancy).. and my boobs itch too.. have to go washroom to scratch, haha, else scratch in office so unsightly!

Piglim

Hi mummies.. Guess I can finally heave a sign of relieve. Things r seemingly back to normal. My son's rashes r gone. His temp is 36.5 guess it's the weather. My existing thermometer was slightly inaccurate. So I guess it was really due to the roseola.

oh tell me bout the itch man. I had been scratching also. Bum, thigh, tummy ribcage, breast, arms.. Terrible. Changed my bedsheets, pj also e same. Went to see gynae last tues n baby at 30wks was 1.5kg. Think this time round my gal should b quite petite going by the way I m surviving-appetite not Gd, slp not Gd, walking alot n carrying my son alot. I go one trip of grocery shopping at NTUC I can get like sooo many aunties asking me "boy or gal ah?" "How many mths?" "Ur tummy so round small n cute!".. Machiam like some star like that... Haha.. Anw Son's CC has been rescheduled to 31st march so I m kinda looking forward to that cos I really want him to learn things-esep feed on his own n stop overturning things all over the floor. But of cos I also worry bout the bugs he may catch in sch too.

I'm looking forward to the april baby fair. Need to buy the spare parts of my pump,bottles..etc

jiayou mummies less than 2 more mths to go!!!

Tannie

Glad tht ur son is getting better.

There is a baby expo this weekend, but guess will be a small one like previous one. I dun think I can make it to the April one. Any ive got most thongs already. .. now my weekends are all burnt shopping items for new hse. ..

Yap I also feel itch at tummy n breast... n perspire alot...