10 months old baby doesn't crawl and stand at her own

sjchan

My baby gal is going to 10 motnhs in few days but she still doesn't know how to crawl and she also doesn't has intention to stand at her own. When I pull her hand to support her then she can stand. She can roll before 4 months and sit before 7 month (but she doesn't know pull her body to sitting position). She seems very lazy, when she is sitting, she like to lay down after a while then play at her lying down position. She seems doesn't have development delay in other area. She know to wave bye bye, clap hand, play peekapoo with me, graps things with finger, etc. Am I over worry? I understand some baby doesn't crawl at all.
Any experience mummy can share your thought?

angelaong

When my son was 8 months old i was worried like mad because he did not crawl too. Then one day he suddenly started dragging himself to move forward by stretching his hand and pulling the bed sheet.
Was happy cause thought he will be crawling. Waited and waited, kept trying to help him by putting my hands on his sole, used all kinds of toys to try and get him to crawl over. Just when i thought he will never crawl (worried cause heard babies who do not crawl will have coordination problem), he suddenly started crawling at 9 months.
Then he started pulling to stand at 10 months and cruising at 11 months. Thought he will walk at 12 months but he did not. Now, at 13 months, finally he is walking few steps (about 10 steps) independently.
All babies will develop at their own pace so don't worry too much.

Eliza

My son did not crawl as well, unless you could regard 'commando crawl' as one of them. =) Think he knows that his knees will get painful when he crawls so he just simply refused. We made a mistake using the walker for him until his PD told us walker develops the wrong muscle for walking, that was when he was 14 months old. Instantly we threw away his walker when we got home and the following week, voila! He pulled himself up using the sofa and started running!! Yes, not walking but running. He stopped by banging onto the doors and walls and sat on his bum after that laughing. But because he did not have a walker and refuse to crawl for a week, he was sort of confined in one space. Guess you will have to make your daughter extremely bored for her to think of something else to do. =)

xiaodaisy

every baby have different pace of learning .. dont worry too much if its slower den peers for a couple of months only =)

my #2 skip crawling and walked , now my #3 crawled at 4mths and by 7mths she's walking .. my kids all learn at their different pace =)

Ivy Miao

It's normal that Bb doesn't crawl. Mine flip at 7mth, dun crawl, walk at 15mths. Development slower than others initially But caught up as he grows. He's now so so talkative and has amazing memory. Dun worry... as long as doc found nothing weird, it's OK. Son still went for brain CT scan to see of there's anything blocking his brain arteries.