11 months old baby suddenly refusing to be bottlefed?

huiboonimini

Hi can anyone please advise why baby suddenly refuse to be bottlefed?

All along, my daughter has regular milk intake (about 600-700ml/ 24hr) - through bottlefeeding with solid food. But SUDDENLY, she refused drink from the milk bottle, die die also dont want to drink. So now, our last resort is to feed using the spoon (she has yet to master the usage of sippy cup), she is ok with that way of 'drinking', but that result in the decrease of milk to about 200ml/24hr.
She won't go hungry because we have increase her solid food intake.

But milk is SO ESSENTIAL. Although she seems happy with that little milk per day, but I'm still worried.
I dont't understand why this is happening? has anyone met with similar problem? Pls help...

diymummy

My son is like that now. He is 10mths. He also just started teething and just recovered from a sorethroat... Could it be that your baby is also teething?? Or is she having a sorethroat??? Sometimes when my boy doesn't sleep well he will also fuss at the bottle but still does well with his solids.

Ting

train her using the sippy cup.
give high calcium food like cheese n yoghurt.
cook oats/cereal using her FM.

huiboonimini

My son is like that now. He is 10mths. He also just started teething and just recovered from a sorethroat... Could it be that your baby is also teething?? Or is she having a sorethroat??? Sometimes when my boy doesn't sleep well he will also fuss at the bottle but still does well with his solids.

oh? Then what do you do? feed hime using the spoon too?

Hmm.. she already has 8 teeth, so i don't think she's still teething. But she had flu & cough, on the way to recovery..
it's so perplexing!! diificult to guess where the exact problem lies.. =(