12 weeks and bleeding

citrella

I'm in my 12 week and this is my first pregnancy. I just saw doctor two days ago for brown spotting and pink spotting. He did a scan and told me that baby is fine and safe. I was so worried about the spotting because at 12th week, it cannot be old blood anymore.

It seems that doc is also not very sure what causes the spotting. He suspected that it may be vaginal infection. I don't know how come I will have infection because Hubby and me do not have intercourse since I know that I'm pregnant.

This morning, I saw one drop of bright red blood. I'm trying very hard not to panic and be calm (although this is very difficult). I also called the clinic and explained to the nurse about my situation. She said that if there is more red blood, i definitely need to come and see the doctor. Meanwhile, I was asked to rest at home (I'm still on mc) and monitor myself.

I've been talking to baby and touching my tummy. Hope all will be well.

I've also googled and checked that there are some moms who experienced little red blood bleeding but their baby is alright. I'm staying positive as much as I can here.

Last edited:

momi

I hope everything will be alright for you. Rest and rest and try to stay positive as much as you can. Remember to see the doctor if there's anymore discomfort.

angiebaby

if not sure about anything just go see doc, better than lying on bed and thing bad things.

pray for you.....

fionong

I experience this before during my 2nd trimester due to work stress.
You need to rest in bed as much as possible and if your Gynae suspect Vaginal Infection, is he able examine for you ?

Most importantly to be happy and positive throughout your whole pregnancy.

Carisella

I'm in my 12 week and this is my first pregnancy. I just saw doctor two days ago for brown spotting and pink spotting. He did a scan and told me that baby is fine and safe. I was so worried about the spotting because at 12th week, it cannot be old blood anymore.

It seems that doc is also not very sure what causes the spotting. He suspected that it may be vaginal infection. I dont't know how come I will have infection because Hubby and me do not have intercourse since I know that I'm pregnant.

This morning, I saw one drop of bright red blood. I'm trying very hard not to panic and be calm (although this is very difficult). I also called the clinic and explained to the nurse about my situation. She said that if there is more red blood, i definitely need to come and see the doctor. Meanwhile, I was asked to rest at home (I'm still on mc) and monitor myself.

I've been talking to baby and touching my tummy. Hope all will be well.

I've also googled and checked that there are some moms who experienced little red blood bleeding but their baby is alright. I'm staying positive as much as I can here.
Just wanna ask, do you douche your private area? Cos if you do, it will cause Vaginal Infection too

Vaginal Douche (Douching) Information on MedicineNet.com

You can visit the site to understand what douche means if you're unsure = )

i have yet to reach my 2nd trimester but i heard from my aunty that she have spotting through out the pregnancy of my cousin.

so same thing is happening to me spotting on n off but need more rest if possible...

due my work and part time course it hard to rest at home.. though i wish i can..

just have more rest and take care

citrella

I got more red bleeding again (not brown, not pink) even after my gynae gave me a stronger dose of injection and changed my medication.

I was worried and I can't control my emotions (I broke down and cried). I decided that I should seek a second opinion from another gynae as my original gynae couldn't tell what was wrong.

I saw Dr Christopher Chen and he said that it seems that the bleeding is coming from the placenta. It is not recommended that I go home but have to be warded (and I did).

ps: I don't douche.