17 mth old fussy eater. Mummies with similiar cases?

Button

I'm not sure if my toddler is fussy or eats very little. Or probably a little of both. I get anxious and also feel stressed thinking of what to cook for her and finding out she will only eat so little of it. I've also started her on some table foods. My husband says I should just feed her whatever we eat. But I'm afraid it's not as easy for her to eat as compared to porridge because she doesn't have any molars yet. Not sure if my fears are unfounded. Any sharing or advice would be nice.

My girl prefers rice, so since abt 9mths old i feed her rice with whatever I eat, of cos softer one, now that she has 4 teeth at 13 turning 14 mths old next mth, she's on rice and whatever I eat for dinner, lunch is special porridge brown rice with her fav pumpkin and fish / frog legand egg tofu, if we dines out I also feed her whatever I eat. Ma Donald I also feed her fries, she hold and eat them herself. Finish about 4-5 table spoons of rice for dinner.. That time 12.5 mth old 9.6kg.. Now havent weigh her yet.she still takes her milk 3-4 hrs, fruit juice, fruits during evening. Hope it helps

Button

Wow! My little girl is only 9 kg at 17 months old. And she doesn't like fruits... the only fruit she really likes is coconut because of the juice. I'm so envious of mummies who tell me about how much their children love their food. Because mine doesn't eat much. Most times, she'll just eat one meal a day which is dinner and refuse to eat the whole day. I'm a little worried.

Wow! My little girl is only 9 kg at 17 months old. And she doesn't like fruits... the only fruit she really likes is coconut because of the juice. I'm so envious of mummies who tell me about how much their children love their food. Because mine doesn't eat much. Most times, she'll just eat one meal a day which is dinner and refuse to eat the whole day. I'm a little worried.
Don't eat too much coconut, very cooling for babies. Maybe u can try go to eu yang sang and buy the si sen powder. 1 bottle $10 I think. Every day add into her milk 1 small teaspoon. Will improve her appetite.. Worry she don't like the taste u can add abit by abit .. My girl takes that when she just start solid, she only eat 1 tablespoon of porridge she full le, so I feed her that to improve her appetite :)

marshmallows

Yeah eu yang sang's si sen powder is not bad, does improve my boy's appetite too. He's almost 1 yr old now and eats 2x porridge a day, each time about 1.25 full rice bowl of porridge, and 3x milk (total about 630ml). He weighs 9.6kg at his 11th month.

Missymelody your gal very li4 hai4 , can chew soft rice at 9 months! My boy still solely on slightly lumpy food now even when he has 8 teeth now.

Button, maybe u can give the si sen powder a try :)

Last edited:
Yeah eu yang sang's si sen powder is not bad, does improve my boy's appetite too. He's almost 1 yr old now and eats 2x porridge a day, each time about 1.25 full rice bowl of porridge, and 3x milk (total about 630ml). He weighs 9.6kg at his 11th month.

Missymelody your gal very li4 hai4 , can chew soft rice at 9 months! My boy still solely on slightly lumpy food now even when he has 8 teeth now.

Button, maybe u can give the si sen powder a try :)

Lol before that more li hai! She every 3 hrs frm wake up mus eat something before
Milk!! Morning cereal then milk 150ml. Then lunch then milk 150ml, tea break then milk!! Now start teething a bit lost appetite le. But her teeth grow so slow leh! Coming 14 mths old 4 teeth only!!