18 month in playgroup

Asphere

Hello Parents, anyone has sent your 18 mths to playgroup? did you all face any problem leaving the kid at the center?

didy

Hi asphere. I am also planning to send my kid to play group when he turns 18months old. However my brother sends his son to play group too (every sat) says that it is required that one parent/guardian accompany the kid. I don't know if that is true for all play groups centre or just the one he goes to (some Montessori at punggol plaza)

Asphere

ohh.. hi Didy,

I sent my son to playgroup at kaki bukit as it is near my mom's place. we put him in the full day class no parents need to be around. just that we have problem making him enters the class without us.
I think the one your brother sent to is those 2 hr class. heard alot of those 2 hr class require parents to be around.

7LegSotong

My child was in infant class and promoted to PG then N1...
Usually the child will cry on Monday and refuse to go school. Rest of days are ok.

Asphere

yah it is like child care. actually plan for half day but then i look at the daily schedule seem like afternoon session more interesting so let him go full day.

JasmineTan09

i also looking for one that can go for 2 hours. i am looking for 1 at bukit panjang ring rd. i checked for half day PM childcare costed $480 and govt only subsidy $150 and full day childcare is bout 600+ which is only bout $200 more. My son is taken care by Nanny Full Day so paying $330 per month for half day its quite costly to me.... is there a 2 hours class kind?

Asphere

i try searching for those 2 hr but dun have coz they said 18 mth is either half day or full day.. i think those 2 hr are enrichment class only..

lyra

Talent plus offers 2hr enrichment. There r also zoo phonics 2 hr class but its parent accompanied. I'm looking at zoo phonics for my baby at Serangoon but not sure if it's good.

Asphere

i think up to individual. i sent mine when he is 18mths. and i see he learns alot.. now he can counts, sings, trying to undressing himself, bathing, and using spoon n fork :) really learn alot.
I sent him to Raising Champions Learning Cove at Bedok Reservoir Road (Kaki bukit) :)

happymonsta

yes. my 18-month is at playgroup now. but only twice a week. he loves going there. but he is a bit shy to play with friends there. but he concentrates and focuses a lot when the teachers teach..

Asphere

wah that's good.. can concentrate and focus.. i hope my son is the same too.. how come go twice a week only?

happymonsta

Ya. Since I'm on part time now, I was thinking most of the time I can also do the teaching n guiding to him too. N you know.. ha.. sometimes I'm quite worried about the HFM and germs being spread in these centres.. my boy has got HFM once and does not have a very strong body.. so I try to let him go twice a week only first..

Asphere

icic.. thats y i choose a childcare with lesser kids haha.. so teachers can manage and less such HFMD :D
now i am hoping my frenz put her ger in the school too so at least my son can play with his frenz haha..

mummydor

I am still considering. Should I send her at 18mths or 24mths or later. :frown:

To me I think it's best to send my boy after 24months as I want him to enjoy more childhood and time with me. I dun wan to send him so early because once I put him into child care, it will nv ending till he finishes his studies.