18 months old had fever without any cough or flu symptons

poohie

Hi all mummies,

My 18 months girl have fever for no apparent reasons. No flu nor cough. Just fever. It happened twice this month and i m worried. The first time this happen, was during CNY and i couldnt bring her to the normal PD as it is not opened. So i send her to a normal GP and the GP told me that she has sore throat. The 2nd time it happened was yesterday and bring her to the usual PD and the PD check on her ears and throat and inform there is no sore throat. But somehow i do not know what is causing her fever. They did a urine test and i have to wait for result for 2-3 days. Anyone encounter such problem with your child ? Having no cough and flu and just fever can you share with me your encounter and the reasons

Rye

My 23 mth old had fever for 2 days without cough or sniffles. It cleared by itself. Fed porridge with fish n carrot for the two days. No further development after that. Went back to Childcare on day 3. :) but she was salivating alot for a week prior. I heard it could be due to teething but it isnt proven. Don't worry too much. If active n still generally happy shld be fine.

cheriedaz

Hi poohie mummy,
you may try peppermint essential oil and thieves.. peppermint able to bring down fever.. and thieves to boost their immune. I'm using thieves now..to apply on them and diffuse.. =)

thieves.jpg

download.jpg

poohie

Thank you all mummies for your replies and feedback. My girl recovered after 5 days.

Finally she recovered and can stay away from medications. Phew!