18mth bb refuse bott

vanillabaileys

Dear mummies,
I need some advise and help here. My boy has been refusing the bott for 2 weeks! But he's ok with us spoon feeding him.
l hv changed milk teats, bottles and formula as well, nothing seems to help n we are getting v worried.
Brought him to see PD and PD said its ok as long as he's taking solids.
I hv been feeding him yogurt n cheese as well. Can't bear to see him not feeding on milk as he's quite a small built baby.
18 months and only at about 10kg....-_-"
Any mummies experienced anything similar?
many Tks!

Last edited:

ast0212

You could probably graduate him now from bottle? I dunno... I stopped giving bottle at 6 months. straight onto cups, then straw cups then sippy cups. Strange how we worked backwards, I dont know why we did it. So now my boy drinks from anything. He was also about 10kg at 18 months, even though he ate reasonably well and drank some milk, not sure how much as I never measured.

Also milk isn't that important after 1 year so it really doesn't matter if he isn't drinking much and it's great he takes other foods! They don't need formula after 1 year. Cow's milk or alternatives will do :)

Last edited:

vanillabaileys

We also thought he wants to graduate from milk bott and tried water bott, sippy cup, straw cups, direct from cups. We tried almost anything and everything, all bottles are colorful n with his fav cartoon character. But he just doesn't want.
Or maybe he's just sick of milk. I don't know. Sigh.
He will just bawl his eyes out, shut his mouth real tight and roll away.

ast0212

At least you have tried so it's ok:)

You're doing really well already if he is eating well, especially the cheese and yoghurt! At least he is getting the calcium from somewhere. Don't worry if he doesn't take the milk, toddlers don't put on much weight so from 18 months to 3 years they may only put on 2kg give or take...

Take note of all the other foods and drinks your son does take and relax! :D