19 month old refused to drink milk recently

shiyi

Dear Mummies, dear girl keeps rejecting milk beginning from august. now she only drinks one bottle in the morning. Rest of the times she dosen want to drink, even before bed.
is that healthy? dont wanna keep wasting milk!
TIA

ast0212

Does she take other forms of dairy like cheese or yoghurt? As long as she has some dairy it's ok. Some toddlers hate milk but will take other forms of dairy fine :)

shiyi

Does she take other forms of dairy like cheese or yoghurt? As long as she has some dairy it's ok. Some toddlers hate milk but will take other forms of dairy fine :)
Uh milo sometimes.. But mostly she's more into adult food. And recently, mooncakes haha

ast0212

Milo is good. Lot of minerals! hehehe

How about putting it in oats or cereal? Cooking oats with milk takes up a lot of milk!

I guess at that age they like food more, especially what mummy and daddy are eating.

I've just started giving my 17 month old son cow's milk as my breastmilk supply has dropped a lot. He doesn't drink much at all but I found he will finish his milk when I give him a straw in his cup. So he will drink half of it from his cup till he gets bored then the other half through a straw. He drinks about 100ml or less a day...but I give him oats, yoghurt at cheese as well to make up for it.

Maybe try a different cup for your girl? Make it fun to drink :)

shiyi

My girl dosen know how to drink from a cup yet.. Only straw. Yup she enjoys playing n drinking from the straw

megtan

My son also doesn't like milk very much, about 300ml a day. I try to give him other sources of calcium like yogurt, cheese, cereal with milk, tofu, salmon, peas, spinach etc.
You can probably start teaching your girl to drink from cup. I started my son from about 13-14 mth, and by 16 mth he can drink well from a cup. I use different cups to entice him to drink or sometimes different straws too.
My son drinks fresh milk so whenever he cannot finish, I drink, so no wastage :p

ast0212

Oh another great way if you want to get more milk into your toddler is to blend together some fruits and milk to make a simple smoothie. Strawberries, bananas, mango... and they get fruit at the same time!

I usually blend together fruit, some milk and plain Greek yoghurt to make a healthy smoothie for my son and he loves it :001_302: