19 months son still dont want to call mummy!!

Hi mummies

Im rather worried bout my boy. until now he doesnt want or dont know how to call me "mummy". normally if he wants me, he will just pull my hands. He cant express himself yet. only will repeat certain words that we say. He understand simple instruction well. what can i do at home to encourage him to speak?

thanks!

apollo

same as my son!! he refuse to call us. but for ds, we know that he actually noe how to call us, just tt he doesnt want to, cos he called us (papa/daddy, mama/mummy, ahma) before, aft tt he doesnt want to. he used to have 'golden' mouth but recently he seems to say more words like: ball, maaaaaa (ahma), baoo (carry), dog, pig... and some alphabets. so i'm less wry now, cos he is just abit slow, not dont know how to. and i feel that ur son is quite similar with mine, so i think u shd give him sometime, since he know hw to repeat certain words and also understand instructions. =)

Frenchkitty

Same as my 19 mth old son... For the longest time he knows how to call Daddy, Popo, Ahma, Ah gong, chek-chek (uncle), Alice (my dog), etc ... EVERYONE in household but me. But he ever called me Mi-mi before for ashort while when he was 17-18mths then stopped.

Now, he gives me a pet name - Nuku-nin. Everytime he sees me, he smiles and calls me Nuku-nin. Im really not sure what on earth that means.. HAHAHHAHA but it sure is funny. No matter how we correct him he still calls me nuku-nin.
GGGRRRRRRRR kidsssss

yah, im wondering cos im the one who is closest to him..how come he doesnt want to call me.. instead he will call out his daddy. hee nothing much i can do. once i refused to carry him and ask him to call mummy but instead he shake his head and cry... so sad.

apollo

yah, im wondering cos im the one who is closest to him..how come he doesnt want to call me.. instead he will call out his daddy. hee nothing much i can do. once i refused to carry him and ask him to call mummy but instead he shake his head and cry... so sad.
i think maybe they noe no matter they call us anot, we will still tc of their daily needs. dont force him bahhh, i think the more we 'force' them, the more they dont wanna call. LOL!

Ting

i think just keep emphasizing on yourself as MUMMY. one fine day, he will just go MUMMMMMY~~
haha! funny is when they dont call us mummy, we r like dying to hear it.. trust me... when your son reaches pin's age, u will be wishing he will call other ppl except u... now pin goes: mummy!! can i hv this? can i do that? can i eat one sweet? can i drink water? can help me take this? can u on TV for me? can u make milk for me? n the list goes on n on n on.... ***faints***