1st timer - advise pls

oshiezan

hi mummies,

its my 1st time & surveying for gynae. i went to my gp yesterday & was told that since my spotting is 4-5days, i need to meet a gynae fast. thot wanna wait for a couple of weeks more, but i got cramps & 'u know the feeling like yr menses is comin kind'... *sigh* pls advise anyone?

my concern is: the gynae is ard east area so nearer for check-ups & how do i go about? have been ttc so diff, so this time am so worried wats the next thing to do. thanx mummies!

CynCyn

hi mummies,

its my 1st time & surveying for gynae. i went to my gp yesterday & was told that since my spotting is 4-5days, i need to meet a gynae fast. thot wanna wait for a couple of weeks more, but i got cramps & 'u know the feeling like yr menses is comin kind'... *sigh* pls advise anyone?

my concern is: the gynae is ard east area so nearer for check-ups & how do i go about? have been ttc so diff, so this time am so worried wats the next thing to do. thanx mummies!
You mean yr preg now ma ?
A friend of mine and my cousin in law use to have spotting and cramps and when they went for check was told that it's bcos foetus not stable yet especially during the first 3mths .

As for yr gynae you can do yr research thru forums and choose one which is near yr place .
With regards to hw to go abt doing it , just tell them you want to do a check up ?

oshiezan

ya, positive preggy. checked with gp.. he's the one who told me to find a gynae asap..

& ya survey thru forums... will go for the one nearest, dr aziz.

any mummies out there with dr aziz can share exp? :tsmile:

woo22

hi mummies,

U ever heard of Dr Heng Tung Lan? Clinic in Bedok central, hospital at East Shore. Clinic is at Princess Theater - went to her for gynae prob..but switch to TMC when preggie as TMC nearer to home..

She is not bad..only weak pt is dat everythg is cash term..no nets or credit card!

Had spotting for 1st pregnancy..went KKH A&E .. bad experience cos doc told me - if it's yours, it's yours - so heartless.. I went home n miscarried dat evening :( .. dat was 6 yrs ago..apparently I know of 2 frens who had the same problem with KKH A&E docs..one went to Mt E (eventually bed ridden n house rest thruout pregnancy) n the other stayed on wiz her gynae in KKH - rested a few wks.

2nd time got pregnant - went to TMC! now dd - 2.5 mths!

soapsoap

hi

i am a first time mummy also, now i am 4 week pregnant, should i choose a gynea now or later??

is there any different in giving birth in kk and other hospital?

hi

i am a first time mummy also, now i am 4 week pregnant, should i choose a gynea now or later??

is there any different in giving birth in kk and other hospital?
Visited friends who gave birth in Gleneagles - single-bedder. Nice environment, but I must say the room is rather small (in comparison) for single-bedder.

I changed my gynae midway and moved to KKH for my first baby. Think the room is bigger in comparison. Layout of the ward is similar for both hospitals, although at KKH it can get a bit noiser because of other room types. But if you are in your room, you probably won't hear anything.

Saw a doc at TMC too. I felt quite claustrophohic there. And parking and waiting for car pick-up is a nightmare. Interior decor also feels very 1990s...

Cost-wise, I didn't really do a comparison. If you are private patient at a GRH, the difference may not be that significant. In fact my colleague told me it's cheapest at TMC. Bottomline, you need to find a doc you are comfortable with. After all, you need to see him/her for the next few months and he/she will be delivering your baby - and possibly future ones to come ;)