1st Timer And 2nd Timer for HDB BTO

shiewliang

To All Mummies and Daddy,

There is some information would like to share and advice for those single parents remarried.

I am new Singaporean and gotten my citizenship last year. I have married and had a 6 months old daughter which is also Singaporean. My wife was a Singapore PR and had a 10 yrs old daughter which also Singaporean from previous marriage. My wife gotten her PR status from her previous husband sponsorship and after divorce, she retained her SPR as she gotten the custody of the daughter.

Recently, I have applied for new BTO flat and I was surprised that my application was considered 2nd Timer. I then called HDB and found out that it was not myself but it linked to my wife. Hence, her previous marriage of which her husband brought a subsidy flat has caused her name to be listed as 2nd Timer.

1. I am being penalised as 2nd Timer due to my wife previous marriage. Does that mean HDB is encouraging the citizen not to marry "divorcee" to start family?

2. My wife was considered as dependent SPR at that point. She was not even a Singaporean yet. Does that mean even if she's a Singaporean (Later stage), she will also be penalised. Even she did not utilize or benefitted from the previous flat.

Would be very appreciate if anyone here have same case could advice how to overcome this issued. Thanks

Jasminekuek

Have u bring up this issue to HDB? Or mayb u can seek help frm MP pertaining on ur issue. Btw do u mind if i want to get some info from ur wife pertaining on divorce issue? Coz im a PR which sponsor by my hysband. Lately im seriously consider filling a divorce, but as i know aft divorce i hv to give up my PR status as well
as to my childs custody. And we hv a hdb flat which still less than 5 yrs, wat will happen to e flat?

shiewliang

Have u bring up this issue to HDB? Or mayb u can seek help frm MP pertaining on ur issue. Btw do u mind if i want to get some info from ur wife pertaining on divorce issue? Coz im a PR which sponsor by my hysband. Lately im seriously consider filling a divorce, but as i know aft divorce i hv to give up my PR status as well
as to my childs custody. And we hv a hdb flat which still less than 5 yrs, wat will happen to e flat?
Have Pmed you. Thanks