1st visit to Polyclinic or GP or pediatrician's clinics

mi_dun_noe

Alpha Male
Hi Everyone

Can anyone advise me which clinic should i bring my son to check after discharge from hospital today(13.11.2009) as informed by nurse that it is a must to check newborn baby after discharge from hospital 1 to 2 days? is it a must to go polyclinic?or is it polyclinic cheaper than GP or pediatrician's clinics?

I am worry to bring my newborn baby to polyclinic cos many people and long queue. does anyone bring their newborn to other clinic than ployclinic?

apollo

Hi Everyone

Can anyone advise me which clinic should i bring my son to check after discharge from hospital today(13.11.2009) as informed by nurse that it is a must to check newborn baby after discharge from hospital 1 to 2 days? is it a must to go polyclinic?or is it polyclinic cheaper than GP or pediatrician's clinics?

I am worry to bring my newborn baby to polyclinic cos many people and long queue. does anyone bring their newborn to other clinic than ployclinic?
which hspital u deliver at? normally at private hospital, will go back to pd for the check... as for govt hospital, i not sure.

3 days AFT me and ds was discharged, we brought him bk to his pd for check. cos he has slight jaundice. my CL keep tel us dont need to go check, can just go to polyclinic for blood test etc if we feel he is too yellow. but to play safe, we stick to the appt given and brought him to pd...

i do heard that if ur baby is okay, dont hav juandice etc, can dont go but i not sure cos if for me, i'm a super kiasi mother, i'll bring him bk for the checkup.. haha...

100%

Alpha Male
Hi mi_dun_noe

For 1st checkup after dishcarge it's ok to go Poly (cheaper) they have special Q for her so it's fast... no need Q much.

However, i asked the nurse is it special for all baby, they say usually it's only the 1st checkup... subsequent checkup baby will have to Q together with others. "yucks".

Gumi

Hi mi_dun_noe

I brought my dear son to polyclinic for his follow up checkup on his jandice (cheaper) and Hep B injection but do not expect a thorough checkup by the doctors there. If you require special doctor's atention on your BB, it will be good that you bring your BB to a PD. As for Polyclinic, there is an express Q for newborn so that you don have to join the long and no ending Q.